• You cannot reply to this topic

Face masks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Durkin62 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lcpl Durkin

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Anyone know of a marpat Face mask besides the neoprene ones. I need something like a zub or neck gaitor, or has anyone had any success making something like this on thier own.
No Promises, No Short Cuts, No Retreat, No Surrender. USMC

#2 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

You mean to go over your mask?

Also, this will probably be moved to the mask section.

#3 User is offline   Reaper1101 

• Don't take life so serious, you might not get out alive.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mjd1101

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

www.savephace.com
Hashido- a way of life...

#4 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EmperorNikko

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

View PostReaper1101, on Feb 27 2009, 01:08 PM, said:

www.savephace.com

if your going for full blown awsome looking marpat yes go with savephace. but the problem with them is they are hard if you get shot in the mask ANYWHERE your done. Thats the for sure thing i know about those masks. As for how well they do for foging and comfort im not sure.

This post has been edited by EmperorNikko: 27 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

#5 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

View PostEmperorNikko, on Feb 27 2009, 05:33 PM, said:

www.savephace.com

if your going for full blown awsome looking marpat yes go with savephace. but the problem with them is they are hard if you get shot in the mask ANYWHERE your done. Thats the for sure thing i know about those masks. As for how well they do for foging and comfort im not sure.

Actually Larry told me when I bought mine that he designed the shape to promote more bounces, since the ASTM standards would start requiring fully-hard masks very soon. I bought two (one for the girl), and had several bounces off the mask that week.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#6 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

View PostJackRock, on Feb 27 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

www.savephace.com

Actually Larry told me when I bought mine that he designed the shape to promote more bounces, since the ASTM standards would start requiring fully-hard masks very soon. I bought two (one for the girl), and had several bounces off the mask that week.

Why will fully-hard masks be required soon? Has there been a sudden change in paintballs?

#7 User is offline   Viherkogen 

• God's In His Heaven. All's Right With The World.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Viherkogen

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

No, it most likely has to due with some masks being too soft. Some masks have a lower portion that has enough give to let the paintball hit your face.
|| My Feedback || 187 BP ||
|| Reasons one and two why my avatar is a cactus. ||
|| The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ||
|| If actions are stronger than words, why is the pen mightier than the sword? ||
You just lost The Game.

#8 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

yeah i took a shot once at my friend from out in the open, it slammed into the bottom of his mask and hit him in his lip (on the skin) and he was bleeding, he thought it was epic, and i apologized (although it wasn't my fault), ill have to find out what kind of mask he has..
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

^seen it happen with jt flex's many times. plus stupid people (usually refs) either lift up the mouth part so they can eat/drink/be merry, or just take it all apart and wear the goggles. direct shots to the mouth/nose/ear have to feel good.

Then again, when i had my fully hard mask (vent avatars) i got hit in the mouth from close range, the ball splindered, and shards of it went into my lip through the grills. now i have grillz and its the perfect balance

I dont really know what the OP is asking so i cant really help... do you want like a ski mask for cold days or a cover that makes you look cool

#10 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EmperorNikko

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:50 AM

View PostJackRock, on Feb 27 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

www.savephace.com

ah ok.....wait...does that mean that ill have to get rid of my grills soon?!?!?

#11 User is offline   speedballer12 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:speedballer12

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

ya i have events. there just slightly hardend rubber with some foam slits the actual facial part to prevent them from bending back when hit. does this mean they wont be legal at fields soon?

#12 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

ATSM be damned, I'm not giving up my Grills for those ugly Save Phace, or even Profilers for that matter.
I've taken hits in the mouth wearing Flex 7's, Grills, and Profilers. It's all the same. Paint goes in your mouth, you puke because it tastes horrible, you might get a bloody lip, and life goes on.

As for the OP, paint it yourself! That way you can do it how you want, and everyone will ask 'Where did you get those?' and you can say 'Oh, they're super-ultra-uber-limited edition'. That's why I do with my purple Grills :blink:
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#13 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

I think they mean the really soft plastic on masks, like the kind that usually come with starter packs. Grills should be fine, because it's not super bendable, at least as much as I think.

#14 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

View PostTribs, on Mar 3 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

I think they mean the really soft plastic on masks, like the kind that usually come with starter packs. Grills should be fine, because it's not super bendable, at least as much as I think.

Grills aren't "super bendable"? Are you insane? :laugh:
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#15 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Even if Grills aren't, Flex 7 and ProFlex's are. And those are my backup/rain masks.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users