Special Ops Paintball: Review Magnum Viper II 6" Boots - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review Magnum Viper II 6" Boots

#1 User is offline   foodawg 

• Some days a cynic, Some days a pessimist!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Foodawg

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

I read about the Viper II boots on specialopspaintball.com then did some research.

I can't really afford the really high end Phantom V-Lites or at least wouldn't want to pose the question to the spousal unit (She has been really good about my paintball indugence so far and I just don't want to push it too much.). B)

You can order them online at a lot cheaper prices than you can find in stores; however, I never have very good luck ordering this type of stuff on line.

It is fairly difficult to find a retail dealer for Magnum, but their website can help with that. I recommend calling around first because many of them don't care the boots.

In any case, I looked at the 8" boot with the zipper and the 6" with just the shoe laces. I really felt that the 6" suited my needs more than the 8" boots, though the zipper makes it much easier to get on.

I bought the 6" boots in a 1/2 size bigger than what my foot measured because my big toe on my left foot touched the end of the boot. I was also amazed that I did not have to buy wide width. My foot is somewhere between and C and D width and most normal shoes are a little narrow. The wide varieties are actually a little wider than I need, but it's either a slightly loose shoe or crimped foot. :P In this particular case, the normal width has ample room for my semi-duck feet.

You really need to loosen the laces a lot to get the boots on. I wore them to work the day before I intended to play paintball in them to see if I could stand them for the whole day.

It happened to rain quite heavily that day and I went to a sportings good store at lunch during the down pour. I was quite happy that may feet remained dry and I was able to wear the shoes all day with no issues.

The next day, we played paintball for about 4 hours in the mud. I was able to move around very well and didn't really slip in the mud at all. The shoes wear very well, have plenty of room in them, allow you to squat and neel with no issue or pinching of the toes.

When I handed my wife one of the boots, she was very impressed at how lite they were. She remembers my combat boots and expected them to heavy.

I would have to say I recommend these to any one looking for a lite and affordable boot to play in. I'm not sure how durable they are, but they are one of the most comfortable boots I have ever had and they don't leak.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users