• You cannot reply to this topic

It's a sad sad day ..in hammer history Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Well, after a lot of thought and deliberation...I've come to a conclusion. I came, I saw, I conquered...and the reality set in. Overall I think the whole mystique surrounding the Hammer position lured me in and got me hooked. As a young paintball player, I watched the specops dvd, the one where they go over the basics, and the basic positions, and marveled at the 30 seconds of hammer time. I was enthralled by the firepower. From that moment on I wanted it, I needed it. I wanted to be the biggest, baddest guy on the field. The only thing holding me back was the 900 dollar price tag on the double trouble. It wasn't until recently that I realized I could build a rig for half that and quickly set about doing it, all the while thinking "It wont cost that much!". Well, once again I say, reality set in. After pouring what little money I have into the twins I quickly began to realize it was never going to end, that I definitely could not afford what was soon going to be a small fortune. So it's with a deep sense of sadness that I have admitted, I was sucked into the "position" for the namesake, the firepower, and after giving it a try, I most definitely realized it just wasn't for me. I had to sit down and have a man to man conversation with my wallet, and what it told me wasn't pretty. So, now, I have decided I just can't afford to be named among the hammers.

So, I have decided to hang up the twins, to stop before I get in too deep. So, as some of you may have noticed I have put Death & Destruction up for sale in the BST forum. I wasn't even in it long enough to earn the title, but I was in it long enough to learn and respect what it takes to get it. It takes a BIG man to earn the true hammer position...but an even bigger man to admit that it's just something he can't live up to.

#2 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

<-- Hammer time.

I never really understood why the twin markers was needed, other than to look more intimidating.. In the end, you discovered the truth to the game. Play and communicate. You don't need to be a specific position, or have a specific marker.. you just play. Congrats on your conclusion.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#3 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Mar 6 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

<-- Hammer time.

I never really understood why the twin markers was needed, other than to look more intimidating.. In the end, you discovered the truth to the game. Play and communicate. You don't need to be a specific position, or have a specific marker.. you just play. Congrats on your conclusion.

Well, yes and no...I do believe the big guns have a place...but like the elusive "sniper" position, it's not a 100% of the time, you're always going to need it sort of thing....and I just realized I can't afford to have that big of a chunk of change benched 50% of the time until I need it....If I'm going to put that much money into something, it's gotta be a setup I use as my primary setup....I just can't afford it as a primary....nor would I see a need for it as a primary most of the time...but their IS a spot for it none the less.

This post has been edited by Sheriff Matt: 05 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users