• You cannot reply to this topic

How good are Lapco Barrels?

#1 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

I was planning to buy a 14 inch Lapco Big Shot Model 98 Barrel for my Tippmann Alpha Black Tactical. Does anybody know how good this barrel is? I would like to upgrade my barrel (my gun is somewhat accurate, I want it even more accurate.) I currently use a 14 inch J&J Ceramic Barrel.
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

For aluminum barrel I feel that they are the best on the market, especially for what you pay. The bore on them is just absolutely flawless. They've had a long standing reputation since the 80s for their high quality and perfection in their products.

Overall, along with Palmer's brass barrels I would say they are my favorite. They don't overdo the porting on their barrels, and that combined with a very smooth bore makes their barrels very air efficient. Unfortunately that also makes them a little on the loud side, but that shouldn't matter much for an Alpha Black. They're fairly lightweight, but still built solid.

I can't say you will notice a huge difference in accuracy compared with a J&J, most aftermarket barrels are really all somewhat close in their accuracy, but Lapco's tolerances are much more strict, and you'll be getting a barrel with a specific bore size.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Second opinion- I agree 100% with what Piller just said! :laugh:
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#4 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Here's another question:

I found out that the Smart-Parts All-American 2-piece barrel is about as much as a Lapco Bigshot ( $50 on actionvillage). Which is better? If I'm correct, the All-american is boasting some sort of porting that improves it's accuracy? Please help.

What are the advantages/ disadvantages of 2-piece barrels? Opossed to one piece barrels?
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#5 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Lapco makes wonderful barrels, All American isn't too bad either though! I prefer two piece barrels the majority of the time.

I love two piece barrels as they allow for the allowance of barrel backs. This means if you have smaller bored paint, you can screw on a smaller bored barrel back. This also means better efficiency and accuracy. Two piece barrels mean you can adjust your barrel to accomodate the size of your paint. This is the precise reason people purchase barrel kits.
-Ty

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

to be honest with you people that say Lapco barrels are amazing is becuase they use them, same deal with dye, or PPS or any other barrel.
The more you use the barrel the better your going to become accustomed to it.

but yes, Lapco makes great barrels. alot of people have succsess usuing them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users