Special Ops Paintball: Painting the Vibe and I need some pointers - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Painting the Vibe and I need some pointers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Murdoc 

• Team Shockwave
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MURDOC88

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm painting my vibe as it's turned into my project gun, and I want to paint it like this.

Posted Image

This is pretty rough so bare with it, but I was planning on using automotive paints (my dad has the proper shop etc ... ) so I'm going to borrow his services.

Here are my questions!

The outside is something like a polymer / plastic so do you think that would work?

and any suggestions for doing the metal and getting a 'chrome' / high gloss look?

and what do you recommend for a primer / prep work?
- Murdoc
- Team Shockwave

#2 User is offline   Nom Carver 

• My browser PWNS yours!!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

Well I'm kinda knew to the whole painting thing, but I think I can answer most of your questions.

I don't know about automotive paint and how it adheres to plastic but I know the Rust-oleam just came out with a new spray-paint that is supposed to adhere to plastic very well. I don't know what its called but it has this funny sprayer that has a trigger instead of a push nozzle.

As for the chrome high gloss look you should use a high-gloss paint and then a high gloss clear coat. Those two combined will give you a very glossy look, though I'm not sure it will look very metallic.

As for prep and primer, sand it down and then apply your primer. For mine I used Rust-oleum spray primer (as you've probably realized the local store only carries one brand of spray paint). Hope this helps.

Oh and I know this thread is a couple weeks old but hopefully you'll see this.
(\__,,
( x x) <--- This is Bunny if I see him in one more signature...
(")_ -==(")
Dear Tippmann, Clamshells suck. Signed, Friggin everybody - F-3
feedback My How to paint snakeskin how-to; OMG!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users