• You cannot reply to this topic

phantom barrels Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   evilkid98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:evilkid98

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

ok so i am looking for a new barrel for my phantom...but which one is the best? ive looked into the freak kit, ccm kit, J&J edge kit, hammerhead kit, and palmer's barrel(cause i love brass, but it is pricey)

which one in you opinion is the straightest shooting barrel?

also i have an undercocking kit so it doesnt have to work with the stock pump handle :)
stock class player

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

90+% of phantom users will say the stock barrel is just fine with a set of detent rings and you won't get better. The other 10% use freak bored stock barrels (stock barrel bored for freak inserts) or they use some other type of barrel kit. Honestly, the stock barrel is just fine. But barrel preference is all personal feel and choice in the end. See if you can try some out at a local field. But IMO stock barrel is perfect
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

I have shot the CCM kit, J&J, Frantom, the Stock barrel bored to accept Freak inserts as well as the stock barrel.

Used a variety of paints with each.

The stock barrel performed as good as the CCM and Phrantom...better than the J&J.

CCI uses a very high quility system when they make the barrels and they are really quite good. I have yet to fine a better option....and truthfully it is hard to beat the price!

The CCM kit was $150 at the time...the Frantom was over $50....and the bored out stock barrel took tree weeks to get done by the machine shop.
They just did not work any better.

Save your money and shoot what is just as good or better than everything else out there.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 23 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

#4 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Having both a 14'' Dual-vented PPS and a stock barrel, I'd say only get a new barrel/kit if noise is an issue for you.

#5 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

I picked up a cheap Hammerhead kit a while back on Ebay. It works pretty damned well for me (But I can't compare it to stock with detent rings since I never bought any)
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#6 User is offline   evilkid98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:evilkid98

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

well now im leaning toward the pps barrel cause i love the sound of the brass on my pgp(im thinking of selling it, it doesnt get the love it deserves from me). so if i were to get the brass barrel with no porting would it sound similar? also i would get it with the .685 bore, because the phantom bores are big so i figure it would be nice to have a smaller bore barrel lying around. any other suggestions are welcome.
stock class player

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

If you do buy brass, ask PPS to wedgit the barrel ($15-$20 IIRC) before cutting the threads. Then you won't need detent rings and shouldn't have to deal with roll outs. As to sound...no porting on any barrel makes it loud. The more porting the quieter the shot
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#8 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

The unported brass would most likely make a little louder pop than the stock one. Mine sounds like my old DM7 shooting. :tup:

This post has been edited by HeadshotPhantom: 24 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users