• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unruly Sqaud Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:A-MAD07

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

Ok so i have a couple of people on my sqaud who dont really follow orders... or even game rules and limitations. Anyone have any ideas (kicking them off is an idea been considering it)?
This is my sig... Awsome!

#2 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

first c if anyone else wishes to join and if so trade the new kids for the whiny ones
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#3 User is offline   Silvrdog 

• De dog is in da house...
  • Pip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

Depends...

Is there a lot of players in your area? If yes, try to find new members before you kick them.
If no, then just suspend them from playing with your group until they are willing to listen to rules.
When it happens during a game... MAKE THEM LEAVE just for the day.
They who sacrifice liberty for safety...deserve neither.

~Benjamin Franklin~

People need not fear their Government, but the Government should fear their people.

#4 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gadget Soldier

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:49 PM

I think at first talk to them, let them know that what they are doing is wrong, it's against what your whole squad stands for and how they play and the next instance should result in them being kicked off the squad. If they feel that they cannot abide the game rules, then it looks like they will no longer be a member of your squad. Also, I feel that if you going to establish your team, there should be a set of guidelines that the whole team should follow (if you haven't done so). At least you can say, hey you're violating our principals of play and it will not be tolerated.

Our team have created a set of bylaws in which we conduct ourselves on and off the playing field. What has been written is more common sensical type of rules but at least when you have something written down for them to read, they have no excuse for not following any rules set by the game or the team founders.

However, if those that are not following orders are your friends or "close" friends, well then the decision should be either, "The team or friendship?"

Course that's my opinion :D

This post has been edited by Gadget Soldier: 17 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image
South Western Scenario Forum: http://www.paintball4all.com
Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers

#5 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WolfPackColonel

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

View PostA-MAD07, on Jun 17 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

Ok so i have a couple of people on my sqaud who dont really follow orders... or even game rules and limitations. Anyone have any ideas (kicking them off is an idea been considering it)?

What exactly are they doing wrong? If it is something that has to do with safety then tell them what they are or aren't doing is wrong and if they continue kick them off. Also when you practice maybe ask them what they think of plans or tactics, maybe they just don't follow your orders because they are not winning or them are getting sent to the dead box a lot. If its them try to talk with them and if they continue kick them off the team, fun and safety are the most important things in paintball and if they are preventing either of those and wont change kick them off, even if you don't have someone to replace them.

#6 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-MAD07

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Here is a recent incidence. We limit my backyard(my backyard happens to be a 10 acre woods) to a small section so we dont have to spend an hour finding the other team. We establish this before going in. We get to where we playing and suddenly i see half of my team going down further into the woods. I ask "Uh where are you going" and their "like to flank them". The I say " were not allowed outside of this area", and they say "exactly they wont expect us and theres better cover down here so it makes no sense to be up here".

So... stuff like that.
This is my sig... Awsome!

#7 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

lol yer team is smart u culd always make the teams bigger and use more space
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#8 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

Here's my opinion on the information you've given me.

If you're players aren't following your orders, that's your fault. If they're not following rules, that's their fault and on my team I have no problem (in fact is is policy) in separating players from the team. Warnings of course are only fair, but a rule is a rule and in paintball if there are no rules well then we just don't have a game anymore -- we have total war.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#9 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

it seems like a minor thing, you could either open up the field a bit or just move the boundary to include said areas. But at the same time, it IS against the set rules, and if left unchecked will get worse. In other sports, you can't go out of bounds, so why is paintball any different? Either compromise with the boundaries before the game, but come game on stick to your guns. The rules are the rules, and if they aren't going to play by them, then they aren't playing at all for the day. It's your yard, so your authority.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#10 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

A team is only as good as it's weakest link(s).

Have a talk with your entire team about working together, but make sure the unruly members realize it's being directed to them. The most extreme thing you can do is kick them off the team, but if gameplay is being threatened by them, it needs to be done.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#11 User is offline   Gramps 

• Kohai Renga Yamashta
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gramps

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

OK, so if it's a not following you thing, then you may want to try and reassert control, or step back as a commander on the field and still organize things off field. Sometimes that helps people out.

If it's safety, there's no real reason for them to stick around if they can't follow safety procedures.
Kohai Renga Yamashta
"Sometimes, the apprehension of fear is worse than the fear itself." --Sensei

#12 User is offline   OmegaForceAirsoft 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:OmegaForceAirsoft

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

I would tell them they are only alowed too disobey if they are the best, which they are not, because only I am, so that leads us right back to telling them they need too start following rules... if they still dont listen, give my boy Joey a call, he will teach them a lesson that involves a crowbar and their kneecaps.
http://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaForceAirsoft

www.geocities.com/bestairsoftteam

#13 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

Well I always get irked when i hear things like this,most of the time becuase it comes from newbie players who are telling what other newbies should do.
First you have to think to yourself,is this even an actual team?I know ive been on about 3 "teams" that were just friends playing in their back yard.Thats not a team,thats no where close to a team.Now lets say you are an actual team,and now you have a couple players who dont follow game rules or dont lesson to what you are saying.Kick em,if your playing in a league you can only have a limited roster,and filling it with unreliable players isnt going to help you.If your a scenario team,well it wont really matter what you do but i would boot them anyways,dont want a couple rouges ruining your teams name.Im probably comming of as a prick but oh well,gotta do what you gotta do.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#14 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

If they aren't following the rules of the game, they could really cause problems. Depending on the rules of the game, they could cause a 2 for 1 loss of players for cheating and depending on where you play, it could be even a heavier penalty. They have to understand that there will be consequences. Maybe you should come up with a Code of Conduct, that all players must sign and agree to. In that Code of Conduct, you should also include whatever you want to be the consequences for disobeying orders or getting caught cheating.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users