Special Ops Paintball: Eradicate Snipers - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eradicate Snipers How Do You Eradicate Multiple Snipers? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   Fallout 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

View Postghostwolf922, on Aug 21 2008, 07:15 AM, said:

I was recently involved in a scenario against a very good team that used a tactic during a mission where they posted six of their twelve -man team as snipers. They were well concealed and patient- literally taking one shot- one kill. Before long my team's numbers were so reduced we were totally inefficient in completing the OP. There was a sixty-minute time limit on the mission and these guys were everywhere throughout the course. Yes, we regrouped when we first started getting nailed and split into smaller squads for recon, but at best this tactic offers only collateral casualties. In a situation such as this- can anyone offer advice on how to combat multiple placement of snipers?

Ghostwolf922

It's a skill you learn with time. You have to be able to walk point in a way that will spook ambushes and snipers but not get your point man shot out to fast. Then you should try to fan out and around the suspected snipers position. You can take your time doing this being cautious for more snipers, as the first wont likely move. Also if your not worried about making to much noise allot of newbies snipers will fire back if you do a simple recon by fire, giving there position away, but the more experienced will just be clued in that you have no idea where they are.

If you are short on time you might have to fan out and around more quickly. First try your best to judge if there are more people around the sniper or if he is there to delay you while a larger force takes a different path. Good communications with your team or just listening for gun battles can help you to decide this. If you believe he is alone you can send out two teams around on either flank fast and at both times. Using lots of suppressive fire once the sniper opens up. The majority of snipers will open up when this happens with a solid stream giving away there position. The really skilled ones are harder to get at.

Also when snipers are used to slow your team it can often be worth losing a few bodies and just plowing through them, as this is one of the most common and effective way of corralling people away from a safe area and in to a kill zone.

If you ever do pass a sniper with out eliminating him, and must continue on, leave someone to watch your back trail so they don't sneak up on you. This also can freeze a sniper who will have a hard time moving.

tl.dr Use point men to spook out snipers and try to get a fell for the bigger picture and roll of the sniper you are currently facing.

This post has been edited by Fallout: 28 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."
Such is the Rule of Honor

#17 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

best way to killa sniper is with comms ... but all your team needs to have them imo.... then when it starts , with the multiple angles and everyone is watching and listening , the snipers position will be found.

#18 User is offline   FriendlyFire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

View Postkl0wn, on Aug 22 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

I usually scream "Snipers aren't real!", then when they stand up to argue with me, I shoot them.

Lol, nice.

If you really can't avoid them, I would say a good point man to find them is the key. Once you clear one, you should have a path to your objective as well. Forcing the snipers to get up and move so you don't have a large number advantage.

#19 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

Depending on how big your team is, this can be accomplished a little easier with the use of radios. Stay in constant contact but learn to use hand signals and gestures. Don't make it easy for the snipers to locate you.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#20 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

this may sound silly but maybe a counter sniper
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#21 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

Making use of decoys can really help keep the sniper population down. Just send one guy one direction, and then the sniper tries to take a shot on him, wipe them out with a higher rate of fire then they can give out. Most snipers have an itchy trigger finger, if you give them a juicy enough target.

#22 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

well personally,i find it much easier to run

send one guy out to run to a certain point and take cover there.The sniper(if there is one) will either shoot or not shoot.If he only shoots once,he'll probably miss,and if he lanes the runner,you know where he is.If he doesnt shoot,now you have one guy that much closer to the objective.Wash rinse repeat,until you get to the objective.And if you only got out a couple snipers,you only have half the team left on the other side to actually firefight with,hit em hard and hit em fast and you can take over the objective,and just wait out the snipers.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#23 User is offline   Gotpaint92 

• You won't see me until it's too late.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gotpaint92

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Here's one...but it's a bit of a dirty tactic.

Get a rough idea of where the sniper is and have a ref nearby. Spray a hopper over the whole area he might be, even more if you're not shy about wasting paint. Yell to the ref, "I know I hit that guy, check him for me". He'll go over and check that sniper, and now you know where he is and you can finish him off.

It's not a nice thing to do and the ref will probably only fall for that once. So make it count if you decide to do it.

#24 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

Ive dealt with similar situations, & its always a pain...
One thing that has worked is to put your guys in two rows like skirmish lines & move forward quickly. You might lose a few in the front row, but the guys in the back row will be able to take out the snipers after they fire. The whole mass keeps pushing - not stopping even when fired on. Steamroll 'em one at a time... Works best with about 10-12 players, 15-20 ft appart.
The trick is to make proper use of your own casualties....since dead men dont talk, you have to quickly note where your guys are getting hit - even a general direction will do - & lay down some fire. Then continue moving towards that direction.

Its not a perfect solution, but Ive seen it done succesfully before.
Untill OFF starts making an anti sniper spray, its the best thing I got...

#25 User is offline   jolly giant 

• d(-_-)b
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jolly giant

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

Well if they are experienced snipers then it will be difficult to flush them out, but the main things are spread out so you can still see each other but far enough that one spray cant get you both out, STAY OFF THE TRAILS i cannot stress this enough if you can stay off the trails the snipers will be watching the trails try and push through the brush this way you can also try and find the snipers holed up just off of the path with little to no casulties. If they are inexperienced or even on edge i have done this to flush out people, its not the sneakiest tactic but it usually works, when your walking and have a general idea not specific idea at all of where they are fire a few bait shots into the woods area you think they are, most people will get spooked and either try and move thinking you have seen them or will return fire before you hit them either way you will know them(That tactic will usually work for most people but the veterans wont fall for that, just be a careful judge).

#26 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Have you tried moving online? Moving shoulder to shoulder (3 meter intervals) through the brush. That way, if a sniper takes a shot at one guy, the other guy, can get a decent angle right off the bat.

#27 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

If these snipers employ real stealth tactics and are good at it, you're going to be eliminated before you know where they are anyways...

#28 User is offline   HOTCH 

• ^i make my own avatars^
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hotch

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

get your forces as far apart as possible. then the sniper won't want to take a shot. if he does take it, you will have better triangulation with your forces spread out. otherwise, your not going to find a sniper so dont try looking.
Hotch
98 custom with 20" smartparts barrel
limited edition white invert mini
mkx alias rocket launcher

Total Resistance
- demolition

PbN feedback +4/-0

#29 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

Well, if your feild allows smoke, pop 3 of those, sprint 50 feet, hit the deck and wait. the sniper will be confused, now if you have picked your cover right, you can flank. (just remember to always have backup.) OR if your made of money, you can keep a rolling smoke barrage (kinda like a rolling artillery barrage but less gory) and move up far enough to barrel tag the sneaky buggers. :P

I am PayPal Verified.

#30 User is offline   Elfonso 

• South Paw.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thunderbyrd

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

Now I have never played with snipers in paintball, but I have in airsoft, and in airsoft, snipers have much more range and accuracy than the snipers in paintball.

Anyways, you know snipers weaknesses, and those are a lower rate of fire, slower movement, potential tunnel vision, and low ammo. This makes a sniper bad at close quarters, plus, you know that they might not even be paying attention to they're flanks. In addition, you also know that a sniper has no real advange with range and accuracy compared to any other marker.

This leaves you with a couple of options.

Sometimes, the best way to take out a sniper is to fight fire with fire. Use the sniper skillz and get low and crawl, go far and wide, and hit the sniper in the flank or backdoor. Even if you don't know exactly where the sniper is, if you do this, you should be able to find him...

You can also always try to pull the sniper into a firefight. As an airsoft sniper, I can tell you the worst thing for me is to get into a firefight. Range and accuracy is good in a firefight, but in the end, the people with the fast firing guns win. In a firefight, the tables turn fast for the sniper and the sniper quickly becomes the hunted instead of the hunter...

One more thing, I'd only say send one or two people to take out a sniper. If they know what they're doing, then they should be able to take 'em out. More people means more confusion and more targets for the sniper.

But that's basically it. Same with taking out any other enemy. Know your pros and cons, the assess the enemy, look at their pros and cons. Then exploit their weaknesses with your strengths!

EDIT:: Yeah... I sorry I rambled a bit.

This post has been edited by Elfonso: 02 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

Paintballer AND Airsofter

98% of forum members have a stupid, far-fetched statistic like this in their sig. If you're in the 2% that don't, post this in your sig.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users