• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tank on Gun and Remote line

#1 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

While Still in the build, need to do some more things and then test it out, I've been modding an old Pure Energy Regulator, gutting it essentially, light modding, and put it on a 3.5oz tank. End result if it all works out, I can run my 3.5 vertical on my A5, if it runs out, pop on a remote line and continue. No more long tank change outs where people can run up on you:

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

While as interesting as that sounds...you are still carrying two tanks!

Why not just run a remote line and not concern yourself with a mid game air swap?

Unleessss....you are using this as bait! "He's out of air!" Muuuuaaaaaahahhaha!

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

The out of air bait trick is a classic.

It's a neat mod. Like Krazy though, I think I'd rather just use a remote full time. Unless you don't like the remote but still prefer running light, then if you ran out you could just plug in & go... I guess that makes some sense. (There, I talked my way thru it :D)
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

View PostKrazy8, on 29 December 2010 - 08:32 AM, said:

While as interesting as that sounds...you are still carrying two tanks!

Why not just run a remote line and not concern yourself with a mid game air swap?

Unleessss....you are using this as bait! "He's out of air!" Muuuuaaaaaahahhaha!

I don't mind packing 2 tanks, currently the second tank is just a 9oz, the second tank is just a backup.

I've run remote in the past, ran double 48oz tanks on remote line, while it is nice, it tethers the gun to you and with how I am playing now, that's not the best.

I prefer to have the tank on gun but in trying to keep with the lower paint consumption and small size, a small tank. Occasionally I'll go over what that 3.5oz will shoot, then its the process of changing out tanks. With this mod, I can run as usual but with the remote line on the 9oz and hooked to my harness. If and when the extra tank is needed, all I would have to do is pop on the remote line and go rather than change tanks. Sure it would tether the gun to me but it would be a faster change and allow me to get back in the game faster.

#5 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

You and Shrek with those damn huge double tank set-ups!

Not sure how you guys did that for an entire event over and over again. All I could do after that was crawl around work for the next week!

Have you thought about bridging the gap between the 9 and 3.5 tanks? Going middle of the road to have enough air to shoot during the game but not have the need for a back up?

I could see the cost being a bit prohibitive though...they want a fortune for those 5ies!

*edit* After a bit of research it turns out that a 13ci HPA tank is a 5oz co2 tank. Which explain the price jump from the 3.5 to 5.
the 3.5 Aluminum tanks are rated at 1800 psi, whereas the 5 Aluminum tank is rated at 3000 psi.
They have the same diameter though.
Got my info from the manufacturer. Catalina Cylinders.

On thier chart linked above;
3.5 oz tank is model # 9003
5 oz tank is model # 9010

And there you have it.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 30 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

#6 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostKrazy8, on 30 December 2010 - 09:31 AM, said:

You and Shrek with those damn huge double tank set-ups!

Not sure how you guys did that for an entire event over and over again. All I could do after that was crawl around work for the next week!

Have you thought about bridging the gap between the 9 and 3.5 tanks? Going middle of the road to have enough air to shoot during the game but not have the need for a back up?

I don't run with the double 48oz tanks at the moment for 2 reasons, 1 is that they are out of Hydro at the moment (got 6 of the big ones), and 2, I cant afford to use a case of paint per game anymore thus I don't need tanks that can shoot though a case each.

We Both happen to be Bigger Guys, we got used to packing lots of paint, largest single load out I carried was the double tanks (6lbs 9oz full each), about 2200 paintballs with another 450 in the hopper, and 16 6-8oz grenades but that was a number of years ago. Also, for about a year, before the HAVOC was out, I had a custom grenade launcher on my 98C and with a 48oz on the gun, it weighed in at about 23lbs. Running with that for a weekend made me a little sore but after that, I did not notice the weight.

I may find pick up a 7oz tank sometime if I find one cheap enough, I am working on integrating an ASA on a folding stock assembly so with a butt pad, and a flex hose, you will have the stock when you need it and still have it fold out of the way for tighter play. Funny thing, only a few times I did not bring a backup tank and that was usually when I was running the duel 48's. I have packed between a 9-24oz as backup for the 48's. I always like to have a backup of some kind.

Before I could easily shoot a case a game, now I'm down to about a pod or less depending on how the game goes, if it happens to be more, the remote pop on is just a faster switch :D .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users