Special Ops Paintball: Ion/Smartparts haters - Special Ops Paintball

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ion/Smartparts haters Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coaxe 

• The Paintballer's breakfast: ham, hash browns, and an egg.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Coaxe

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

I've been on the forums lately looking over other threads and I noticed that a lot people hate Smartparts and the Ion for whatever reason. I just got an Ion and it seems great to me. Is it just people's prefrence or are they becoming haters? Everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how different it is. If we werent, then that would be called Communism. Anyways, back on topic.

The Ion has two extremes, and it seems to me that you either love it or hate it. No in between. So why does the majority seem to hate the Ion?

My Feedback Smart Parts Ion Owner #45
98 Custom: $100. 98 Flatline: $50. A kid with a rental coming up to you and telling you "nice shotgun": Priceless.

#2 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

FiRsT PoSt.

I think people hate it because they are filing lawsuits. Ion is a good gun, smart parts make decent barrels, they're a decent company, on par with any other one out there. Why they hate? I ask the same question when people hate on tippmann. I feel ya, breh.

did I die for a second there?...

#3 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

the product is ok
but i hate the company
ions are becoming the new tippmann
everyone has one and theres always guna be people defending it and attacking it.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#4 User is offline   Oceanic 

• Prying Open My Third Eye
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

I hate SP because they killed AKA.

I have nothing against the Ion.

Oh, and your communism remark is incorrect, I see your point, but educate yourself.

[edit 2]
also, a lot of Ion owners seem to think their markers are as good as high-ends, which gets old real quick.

This post has been edited by Oceanic: 22 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

#5 User is offline   Siesatia 

• Watch out, I bite
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Siesatia

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

Because the company sues if you try to release a product even remotely similar to its own. Didn't they sue over the very concept of an electro marker? Or something? Who knows. I don't mind their products, its their MO that drives me nuts.

And there's nothing wrong with communism, it works on paper. =P [/Sarcasm]
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

They patented something, then they broadened it.
Its so vague now that its just plain ludacris. And with out that, i still have my ion exspeariance(Ive owned one).
It was a money hole and hard to clean.
And sp gave me horrible service and there tech suport to me was just as bad.

#7 User is offline   Oceanic 

• Prying Open My Third Eye
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

View PostSiesatia, on Mar 22 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

Because the company sues if you try to release a product even remotely similar to its own. Didn't they sue over the very concept of an electro marker? Or something? Who knows.

They have a patent on using an electronic "switch" to fire a paintball marker. Originally it was just for the shoebox shocker, but later they went back and expanded it, then sued other companies. It's very shady.

#8 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

well some people just hate sp cuse of the law suit thing, which really pisses me off cuse i think its a stupid reason

now other people may hate sp cuse they think its cool to hate, i wouldnt be surprised

honestly im sick of peoples whining
i wonder how many of those people have microsoft products, its the same idea, next time you turn on your xbox or computer and boot up windows think of that, business is business, life goes on, the stronger force comes out on top deal with it

This post has been edited by Chibbs: 22 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#9 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

View PostOceanic, on Mar 22 2007, 05:34 PM, said:

View PostSiesatia, on Mar 22 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

Because the company sues if you try to release a product even remotely similar to its own. Didn't they sue over the very concept of an electro marker? Or something? Who knows.

They have a patent on using an electronic "switch" to fire a paintball marker. Originally it was just for the shoebox shocker, but later they went back and expanded it, then sued other companies. It's very shady.

And that is the justification for my sig. The Ion is a lot of cheap features built into a paintball gun. For what you pay it's nice, but it's not the quality I require.
Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#10 User is offline   Coaxe 

• The Paintballer's breakfast: ham, hash browns, and an egg.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Coaxe

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

View PostGwac, on Mar 22 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

Its so vague now that its just plain ludacris. And with out that, i still have my ion exspeariance(Ive owned one).

(In Dutch accent) Oi! Gett off moi thread shtoopid shmart parts hater!

This post has been edited by Coaxe: 22 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

My Feedback Smart Parts Ion Owner #45
98 Custom: $100. 98 Flatline: $50. A kid with a rental coming up to you and telling you "nice shotgun": Priceless.

#11 User is offline   Ghostduck 

• Quack! Quack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostduck

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

First let me say that I am an SP-8 and Ion owner, however I do have othermarkers as well.

I would have to say that the majority of complaints that I have seen delve around two issues. Whether or not they are true I know not.

1. It appears that Smart Parts has been a main force in alot of companies no longer manufacturing markers. WGP, AKA (the excalibur and viking), and all due to SP throwing lawsuits out there for copyright infringement. It is evedent that quite a few companies have gone "way of the dodo" due to practices like this. A perfect example is the current PMI/National vs. Procaps Lawsuit over the DXS Pulse Loader.

Depending on who you talke to.. Smart Parts is the start of the lawsuits amongst paintball companies.

Thats ONE of the things you hear alot of.

2. The second is how Smart Parts conducts its testing and development. Most companies will thoroughly test a product to the fullest before they release it to the public or to a team. This eliminates and identifies any and all issues with the product before release, thus tech support will know the issues before hand. A perfect example is the Bob Long Onyx and the new LAPCO Grey Ghost. Sure we all knew about it, but we couldn't/ can't get our hands on one till its officially released.

Here's where the disdain for Smart Parts supposedly comes in. SP does the opposite. It develops a product and then lets the consumer do the testing to identify the known issues. Now the Ion is pretty much a solid marker now, but I am sure there was some issues.. I know that when the SP-8 was released there were. I for one had 3 issues with mine that Smart Parts fixed at Oklahoma D-Day last year. That was a board issue (which was not explained to me, the techs just swapped the board for a new one), a feedneck issue, and a stock barrel issue. The Ion had been out for a much longer period of time so I assume that all of the bugs were ironed out by then.

But lo and behold, now the ephiphany is out, and supposedly it was released after they discovered things about the Ion. For instance.. The Ion actually operates more efficiently and consistantly at a higher pressure than the stock solenoid is rated for. Thus the solenoid and airlines on the board for the Ephiphany is beefier

So the bottom line is that The disdain appears not to be directed towards the Ion.. The Ion is a solid marker and anyone has to admit that, the issue is apparantly against some of Smart Parts bussiness practices.
Proud Member of the Scottish Teabag Society

#12 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

View PostCoaxe, on Mar 22 2007, 07:26 PM, said:

I've been on the forums lately looking over other threads and I noticed that a lot people hate Smartparts and the Ion for whatever reason. I just got an Ion and it seems great to me. Is it just people's prefrence or are they becoming haters? Everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how different it is. If we werent, then that would be called [size=2][b]FACISM. Anyways, back on topic.

The Ion has two extremes, and it seems to me that you either love it or hate it. No in between. So why does the majority seem to hate the Ion?

I hate smart parts because they are like the wal mart of paintball, always trying to crush the competition by using underhanded techniques.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#13 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:55 PM

Lets use the Property of Equality. a=b, b=c, so a=c

Ion=SP
SP=Sucks
so
Ion=Sucks

Its all in the math.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#14 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

View PostCoaxe, on Mar 22 2007, 06:37 PM, said:

View PostGwac, on Mar 22 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

(In Dutch accent) Oi! Gett off moi thread shtoopid shmart parts hater!

Are you kidding or serious.
Kidding, negate this coment.
Serious-I dont like sp, but hater usualy refers to someone who blindly loaths something for no particular reason. I have reason. If you have horrible service from lets say, boblong(great company and service but this is an example), your saying you have no right to dislike them for that?

#15 User is offline   Wakewarrior7 

• The one and only
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wakewarrior7

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

I don't like SP because of the shocker. It is an overly expensive product for the quality it provides. If you have problems, their customer service sucks and they are unwilling to work with you very much. I had problems with my pm5 a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't figure it out and neither could the shop. Sent it in to them, they found that there was a small pressure crack in the cylinder. They replaced it and charged me only shipping.

My old shocker was a completely different story. I ordered one with vision directly from them as I help out with the local shop. The box that came in had one marked with eyes. I opened it up, and it had the covers, but no eyes. I called them up to explain, and they accused me out tampering with it and wanted to charge me for the eyes and harness after I had paid the price for a shocker with vision. I returned it needless to say for a new one with eyes and they then didn't want to return it as it was out of the factory bag. A week later of griping, they sent me a check for a shocker w/o vision. Another month of griping, and I finally got the rest of it back.

As for the ion, you could spend an extra couple hundred dollars and buy a nice used pm/dm or something along those lines and have a much nicer setup with fewer headaches and much higher performance. If you wanted an ion to hit that level, you would have to spend who knows how much money. Not to mention that sloppy factory trigger *shutters
IPB Image
Wake will you have my baby? - DavidP1013
High End Marker People (H.E.M.P.) Member 007

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users