Special Ops Paintball: ACI Maverick Pump HELP!!!!! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACI Maverick Pump HELP!!!!! barrel threading?

#1 User is offline   ElKabong 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:El Kabong

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

hey guys im throwing this out there for someone with some tech knowhow

im trying to figure out what type of barrel threading my ACI maverick pump barrel is

anything out there the same? or is it special unto its self

im looking for any info on it - i def wanna find something with a smaller bore to help stop the bolt closed and the ball rolls out when it points down issue thats common with them or if anyone has modded it to accept various other ball detents?

feel free to email me any info too if you have the magic answer bolexguy2002@yahoo.com

#2 User is offline   vasmir 

• Delta Paintball Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vasmir

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

here's what I send you -

The ACI maverick has its own threading. It's called Maverick or traccer threading. You can still find some barrels around on ebay and the such, maybe on some J&J websites as they might still have them in stock.

For the ball rolling out of the barrel, try either installing phantom style detents, or using something simple like a few layers of tape. (cut in small pieces)

#3 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

vasmir's right. It's their own/dedicated threading.

J&J still makes Trracer threaded barrels...go to their website, I think they are like $60. Normally, J&Js are .689 bored.

And the "tape" or "fingernail polish" home-made detents work for quite a while but evetually needs replacement
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#4 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

the maverick is supposed to have a spring inside the body to prevent rollouts, thats why theres a horizontal slot (l-r) behind the front trigger frame screw hole on the body. if its missing, then thats why you have roll-outs. if its there, then theres a problem....
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#5 User is offline   ElKabong 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Aug 6 2007, 04:41 PM, said:

the maverick is supposed to have a spring inside the body to prevent rollouts, thats why theres a horizontal slot (l-r) behind the front trigger frame screw hole on the body. if its missing, then thats why you have roll-outs. if its there, then theres a problem....

I'd really like to thank everyone for their help - you guys are speedy

the roll-out problem is when the bolt is closed - the end of the bolt extends past the spring detent when its closed -

although - the JJ ceramics are a way smaller bore than the stock maverick barrel so it could just be a matter of swapping to that -

thanks guys!

This post has been edited by ElKabong: 07 August 2007 - 07:05 AM

#6 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

View PostElKabong, on Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM, said:

View PostCamoDeafie, on Aug 6 2007, 04:41 PM, said:

I'd really like to thank everyone for their help - you guys are speedy

the roll-out problem is when the bolt is closed - the end of the bolt extends past the spring detent when its closed -

although - the JJ ceramics are a way smaller bore than the stock maverick barrel so it could just be a matter of swapping to that - sound isnt so much a concern XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
thanks guys!

Roll-outs with a closed bolt is because the paint-to-bore match is wrong. The stock barrel is overbored for all paints so changing to a smaller bore is your only real option.

I'd remove the part I "X'd" out because the mods may have a fit. That commentary is frowned upon here....
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#7 User is offline   ElKabong 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

X'd out stuff gone! and warning well-taken

thanks for the heads up and info from everyone - me and my calipers have some barrel hunting to do now!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users