X7 Hammer Better than the A5's?

#1 User is offline   SwampThang 

• Stupid.Dope.Fresh.
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Swamp

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hey Spec Ops World,

First let me say that it was literally been years since my last paintball game. A couple of new friends of mine play all the time so I'm dusting off the old A5. Over the past couple of weeks I've doing a little upgrading. I recently put an X7 valve into my A5 and its worked great. Before I was shooting an average 282 fps (with the interference screw flush & 600-700 regulated pressure). Now I'm shooting an average 327 fps with the same conditions. :ghillie:
Now, I've noticed a few A5's out there not only have replaced the valve but also the hammer, which brings me to my question...
Would there be any advantage with replacing the hammer? The valve is obvious, but the hammer? Really? Is the X7 hammer lighter or something? Wouldn't a lighter hammer hit the valve pin with less force therefore releasing less air? Sorry if I'm rambling here lol.

#2 User is offline   Random_Anarkhy 

• Father of two, with 3 on the way!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Random_Anarkhy

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

for the record, you need to chrono, no field will ever allow you to play with fps > 300. That's dangerous, other than my safety bit here, I'm not sure. Not familiar with the a5/x7 internals.

Official Broadsword #104, Tippmann Owner #129, Play with Honor. Current marker :Flatlined Tippmann 98 custom with car stock Future mods: Bolt action Tigershark
Ewoks should be exterminated & skinned for their fur.-The Stuntman

#3 User is offline   SwampThang 

• Stupid.Dope.Fresh.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Swamp

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Well I've lowered the pressure since then so I'm shooting around 280 again (shooting someone above 300 fps is never cool lol). Now the pressure is about 500... I would like to take this opportunity and say that the Palmer's Inline Stabilizer is AMAZING!! If you're shooting unregulated pressure, go do yourself a favor. I couldn't be happier with mine.

#4 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

The idea is that it will hit the valve faster. More speed less weight. This is in theory supposed to speed up the firing cycle. I dont know if its true but the idea sounds about right.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users