• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

View Postcoco, on Aug 31 2008, 11:42 PM, said:

View PostBAGELS, on Aug 30 2008, 11:18 PM, said:

People play pump so they have an excuse for why they suck so bad :D

haha i bet most pump players could own your easily >.<

And thats the attitude I hate about pump players. The "I play pump so I'm automatically better than everyone else" attitude. Have you ever seen BAGELS play? I'm going to assume that you haven't. So pretty much your basing your decision on the fact that they play pump and he doesn't. Hate to tell you but playing pump doesn't make you the best player in the world.

If I offended anyone by this post get over it. I know most pump players don't have this attitude but a lot do.

#47 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

I can tell you all. Im going to be pretty bad for the first month lol
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#48 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Heck, I've been playing almost exclusively pump for the last couple of months (not that often) and I still suck. But I have fun. And that's the point.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#49 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

View Postdougdeb, on Sep 1 2008, 08:53 AM, said:

Heck, I've been playing almost exclusively pump for the last couple of months (not that often) and I still suck. But I have fun. And that's the point.Aloha, Doug

listen to this guy. his words should be seared into your brains.

forget about your kill to dath ratio.
forget about your maximum BPS.
forget about your accuracy ratio.
forget about low profile vs high profile.
forget about what make your marker is.
forget about how much money is in your barrel.
forget about the best paintball
forget about which is better Grills or E-vents
forget about company's
forget about how many headshots you got today.
forget about how often you get to play

Go play paintball and have fun.

#50 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

THANK YOU!

#51 User is offline   lazyeye263 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lazyeye263

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Good point Eskimo.

I hate to say it, but pump players get on my nerves at times. It's not the fact that they use a pump that gets me, it's the mentality of the player. I'm not saying all you pumpers out there do this, but from my experience pump players act like they're so much better than players that use electric markers. They give people crap like, "you're not good, you rely solely on firepower for kills." People like that need a smack to the jaw. They act like they're so much better than players with electros, but yet they're taken out in about a 15 second firefight. Another thing that frustrates me about pump players I meet is that when they are taken out by anyone, they use the same excuse everytime, "It's because I'm using a pump." Here's a solution, use the pump for your stock class games, and use a rental gun so you don't have anything to whine about.

Don't take what I've said in the wrong way, one of my best friends plays with a pump but he's a good sport and a nice guy. I'm not saying all pump players are obnoxious, but many of the ones I've seen are.

#52 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

pumps are cool, i dont get why people hate them.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#53 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

Some pump players at my local field are really mean and think that they are the best and that there are no real pump players except for them. But that doesn't stop me from playing pump.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#54 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

I can safely say I am a humble pump player. And I don't think that I am that good, mediocre at best. I play rec ball and I have forgotten my KDR lately because I stopped caring.

I will say all of the people that say pump isn't a disadvantage and then there will be the people that don't play pump that say it is. Well the pumping part isn't for me I do it naturally with out thinking. Its just the 10balls in my tube that hinders me. And no I won't do it with a semi.

And the proof that people play pump because its the new "AGG" or whatever is that there are a few people talking about how they are a pumper and can do all this and either just bought one and haven't even played with it yet or haven't even bought one yet.

-keep it :mellow:

This post has been edited by Infamous_51: 01 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#55 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

View PostInfamous_51, on Sep 1 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

I can safely say I am a humble pump player. And I don't think that I am that good, mediocre at best. I play rec ball and I have forgotten my KDR lately because I stopped caring.

I will say all of the people that say pump isn't a disadvantage and then there will be the people that don't play pump that say it is. Well the pumping part isn't for me I do it naturally with out thinking. Its just the 10balls in my tube that hinders me. And no I won't do it with a semi.

And the proof that people play pump because its the new "AGG" or whatever is that there are a few people talking about how they are a pumper and can do all this and either just bought one and haven't even played with it yet or haven't even bought one yet.

-keep it :mellow:

Pump is pretty much the agg of woodsball.

#56 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

View Postghost93, on Sep 1 2008, 08:36 PM, said:

Pump is pretty much the agg of woodsball.

This

Let me edit that to say, I don't hate pumps, or pump players. Personally I won't play pump, nor will I use it to 'improve my skills' because I prefer to practice how I play- and hacking off the not-insignificant amounts of weight from my marker won't help me in the long run. But I have no problem with people that prefer to play with pumps or anything. I do hate the attitude many pump players (even some here) seem to have where, just by dint of the fact that they play pump, they are better players. It's more amusing when it's both something to hide behind ("well, of course you beat me, I'm using a pump!") and something to insult you with ("haha you just got beaten by a pump!"). Note that by amusing I mean agitating- it's like dealing with tippmann fanbois. actually, I figure both tippman fanbois and elitist pumpers are equally as bad.

This post has been edited by Ethrealwolf: 01 September 2008 - 11:24 PM

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#57 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:11 AM

Think the thing most people are missing is its not the playing pump that makes you dislike the person, its just the person thats playing pump. I garentee you they would have the same mentality if they played with a semi. Half the problems out there come from a persons personality and those around that influence that personality.
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#58 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

View Postdougdeb, on Sep 1 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

Heck, I've been playing almost exclusively pump for the last couple of months (not that often) and I still suck. But I have fun. And that's the point.
Aloha, Doug

agreed. I have been playing pump for years, and exclusively pump for quite some times now. I still suck more than a hoover on High speed. I get eliminated far more than i get people out. But like Doug, i just play to have fun.

I don't care about my "kill count" or "mowing muppets" or "showing them." i just play cause i enjoy it and it takes my mind off my outside life. I couldn't care less if i get 1 elimantion a game, 1 all day, or 15 in a game, it doesn't matter to me. As soon as i get one elimnation in the day, that's all i am counting to, after that, i don't bother keeping track. I don't log my play log on the brigades, i don't care if i have 1,000 to 1 ratio or a 1 to 1,000 ratio. I just want to play and enjoy myself.

I stopped having the winning = everything menatlity many years ago. Now if i do something, it's just cause i enjoy it and that's it. I don't play anything to win at all costs, i just play to have fun and have some funny stories to share after with my comrades. :laugh:

And i agree about pump being the new agg and some guys sounding like the tippy fanboys. It is VERY annoying; but like was said, they would brag that way if they bought a new electro, a mech, or a pump. They are just the type of people that "have to be the best at everything" no matter what it is they ar doing. Either way, they'd be bragging how they "own people", just sucks that now they are in the pump field, making us look bad. :(

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#59 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:59 AM

Why I'm becoming a pump hater:

Q: I'm trying to decide between an Ego or a Cyborg which one should I get?

A#1: Yuck batteries!!!
A#2: Buy a pump and save money on paint.
A#3: Pump makes you a better player!
A#4: Playing pump cures male pattern baldness
A#5: You should get a pump because a bunch of people you don't know said to buy a pump.

#60 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:45 AM

EDIT: Never mind, I'm done with this

This post has been edited by Agnoeo: 02 September 2008 - 05:49 AM

III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users