Special Ops Paintball: Need some help choosing the right hopper - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1

Need some help choosing the right hopper For Slg Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kchadek 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kchadek

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Alright so right now I have a Proto slg and shoot an eggy 3, now its not to bad it can keep up fine but next year ill be going to college and be playing for the college so I want something that can take a speedfed, and def not break easily (like it already has)

So I need some opinions, I dont want to spend over 100 b/c im gonna be a college student duh, and it has to be reliable for tourneys will keeping up with me

Some options I have researched already:
1.Velocity Jr
2.Revolution Eye Force
3.Spyder Fasta 18v
4. Halo B

Now I know there are pros and cons for each and there many more so throw any out there that you think will work well, I will also Def look into used ones so remember to account for used prices

Thanks a ton peeps
K-chad

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

I'd recommend the Empire Reloader B over the Halo B - sound activation (no eyes) and rip drive comes stock. It takes the same shells as the Halo B, so the same speedfeeds will work with it.

The Reloader B is the loader I've used for almost 4 years now, and I'm not going to waste money on something better just yet because it still works well (I do have my eyes on the Rotor though -- half the batteries, but way too expensive).
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

I love my Halo.
Feeds great and have never had any major problems with it.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#4 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

View PostTora, on May 27 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

I love my Halo.

I have a Halo Frontman that I love, but I just got a Pinokio from ebay for $99. It sorta qualifies for the OP's $100 limit.

It doesn't have eyes or ears. There is a little thing that pokes out in the feedneck that detects movement. When a ball is fired, it moves the stack. The sensor detects movement and turns the paddle. I love my 400 round attachment, but you may or may not like the look. People were dogging me Saturday because I'm the first guy at my field to use it, but only once I had to reload mid-game. 400 shots is almost 3 140 round pods (2 and 6/7ths to be exact), 2 and 2/3rds 150 round pods, or 2.5 160 round pods.

This post has been edited by Ciderbarrel: 27 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

#5 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

View PostCiderbarrel, on May 27 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

View PostTora, on May 27 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

I love my Halo.

I have a Halo Frontman that I love, but I just got a Pinokio from ebay for $99. It sorta qualifies for the OP's $100 limit.

It doesn't have eyes or ears. There is a little thing that pokes out in the feedneck that detects movement. When a ball is fired, it moves the stack. The sensor detects movement and turns the paddle. I love my 400 round attachment, but you may or may not like the look. People were dogging me Saturday because I'm the first guy at my field to use it, but only once I had to reload mid-game. 400 shots is almost 3 140 round pods (2 and 6/7ths to be exact), 2 and 2/3rds 150 round pods, or 2.5 160 round pods.

Some say you should not but I use my PINOKIO for 3-man speedball. It's an awesome loader. No jams, hiccups or any other problems. I say this because unlike a woods style game (which I play also), when equipment has issues you have only seconds to fix it or get shot out. And yes I shoot left and right handed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Kodiak: 27 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users