Special Ops Paintball: seriously hurt big toe - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

seriously hurt big toe 4 hour long marching band practice tomorrow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

so today while i was moving some of my model car stuff my big toe rolled under my foot, it felt worse than the time i the treadmill barefoot while running through the house, and it hurt like that for the next few hours. later it got slightly swollen, not bad though and finally stopped swelling and started feeling not as bad.

then of course i was being a idiot standing up playing forza 2 (i dont know why either) and while walking to the tv to turn it off i do it again, but alot harder this time. now i can barely move my toe and my toe has swelled up to about the size of one of those jumbo frank hot dogs. its so big and my toes are really skinny.

now i have marching band practice for about 4 hours tomorrow, what can i do to make it feel the least bit better so i can march?

thanks.

oh yeah, almsot forgot, both times my toenail started to bleed around the edges if it matters any.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

hmm... be careful especially when you rockstep to go backwards or backstep in general... Tell your director you hurt yourself, and take some ibuprofen (advil/motrin) before you practice. Be sure you eat something with it. Also get checked out to be sure you didn't seriously hurt yourself.

I hear you, I swear our band has the worst foot injuries... one girl has extra bones in her ankle and she has to have about 10 more surgeries, one girl broke two toes, one guard member has a sprained ankle, one guy has a broken wrist, one is faking that her ankle hurts because she broke it three years ago... ;) I sliced up my knee on gravel and couldn't do some parts of our show where we kneel...
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

one of the guys in our section (mellophones) hurt his back and now he cant do one of the songs because it involves ALOT of very quick and harsh back movements. worst of all is i have tons of backmarching and there probably is maybe 20 or 30 beats in the whole song that im not moving, the rest is moving up and down the field like crazy.

is there anyway i can tell if its hurt bad enough to sit out without going to the doctor?
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#4 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

if you can march while tolerating the pain on Advil, then you prolly aren't hurting it much if any... What do you play? I'm guessing brass of some sort... If you hurt too much to march, sit out. I know you feel bad not practicing, but just sit on the sideline and play, or if you do a foot-off-the-ground mark time that you can do without hurting yourself (we do a heels-up mark time- so our broken toe people can't even mark.) Just sit, be quiet, and play. One of our "injured" girls just sits up in the front and talks to the DM and the pit, and doesn't even play, and she (messes) every set up at competitions, she was on the last GE tape about six times "Alto Saxophone, you're out of the picture, work on that... etc."
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#5 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

Ah. I dealt with similar pain in football all the time. I just popped about 4-8 ibuprofen and toughed it out.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#6 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

Welcome to marching band. You sir, have a simple injury. Try marching on a broken hip, now that sucks. No pain killers can cure that crap. But, I toughed it out and my hip is better than ever. Just take it easy until then. Keep ice on it, raise it, and do not wrap it.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#7 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

I went to state finals marching bass drum on a broken ankle. THAT hurt.

BUT ANYWAY, I recommend some ice on your toe right now, and stay off of it. Keep it elevated, and hope for the best.

Being an instructor in a marching band I recommend you tell your director that you have hurt yourself so if you aren't 100% on the field they know why and won't go too hard on you.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#8 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

Thats exactly what happened when I broke my big toe. How's your toenail? Mine fell off...

Really all you can do for a toe is put it up and ice it. Take some ibprofen, advil, whatever and tough it out, but try to stay off it as much as possible.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#9 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

The way you described how your Big Toe went under...sounds like you either Dislocated your Big Toe or Broke It, either way...go see a Doctor.

#10 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

View Postflorentine, on Oct 12 2008, 08:12 PM, said:

Welcome to marching band. You sir, have a simple injury. Try marching on a broken hip, now that sucks. No pain killers can cure that crap. But, I toughed it out and my hip is better than ever. Just take it easy until then. Keep ice on it, raise it, and do not wrap it.

welcome to marching band? this is my third year -_-

anyways! i had to sit it today, unfortunately... today the entire top of my toe has turned blood red and i can pull my toe in and it will reset but i cant push it up at all. also my toenail is completely white, not a natural color like normal.

should i be fine just letting it go?
brownie points-15

#11 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

I would go in to see a doctor about it. Usually there isn't anything they can do about broken toes but sounds like there could be some complications.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#12 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

There is no harm in going to see a doctor just to have them check it out. The last thing you want is for it to heal wrong, or get a blood infection or something like that....
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#13 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

Personally, I wouldn't go to a doctor. That costs a lot of money.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#14 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

Ice it alot....

Go to like sporting good store and get athletic tape...

Split tape in half wrap it around the big toe...

Use a whole piece and wrap around mid toe a few times...

Take 3 more half pieces and attach them to the top of toe wrap slightly overwrapping and pull kinda hard so the toe is forced up...

Wrap another half piece around the toe and full piece around the foot.

This will help it not hurt...if you understand my writing haha

Peace,
Teddy K

#15 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

yeah its prolly stuffed, i broke n dislocated my big toe playing rugby the day before i graduated highschool years back, not much they can do, i popped it back in and the doc just told me to stay off it....which was no chance cos it was schoolies the following week.....like spring break but more drinking.....and before you jump i was 18 at the time, legal drinking age
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users