• You cannot reply to this topic

D-Day 2009 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

QFT. 1st Can Para FTW. I'll be there too. Trust me, just go with us off the start if you want a REAL Airborne unit. We had a dozen or so guys from the 101st switch units after running with us in some minigames. They talk big about 'how the Allied Airborne' took the southern half of the field before lunch in 2008. WRONG. The Commonwealth Airborne took it. They stood around after we wiped the floor in case the Germans wanted to counterattack (They didn't.)

In 2006, the Commonwealth was the only Allied unit to complete all of their objectives. In 2007, they were critical to the Allied victory. In 2008, the 200 or so Commonwealth players, 1/10 of the Allied team, were responsible for 1/3rd of the Allied points.

If you want to go German, fine. But if you want to go Allied, go Commonwealth. Once you go maroon, you never go back.

#32 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:38 AM

well then we won't be far apart.....lol.......CanScots WOOT
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#33 User is offline   Kavemann 

• Heroes get remembered, But Legends never Die.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kavemann

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:41 AM

Yea I'am pretty sure I'am going if the cash holds out.
I will be on the german 6th Falls reg.
I'am rockin the blackcell (I will have it an all the mods by D-day)
-----------
NO MESS WITH KAVEMANN!

THRILL BILLY #1

#34 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:13 AM

View Postdruid, on Sep 16 2008, 05:38 AM, said:

well then we won't be far apart.....lol.......CanScots WOOT

The Commonwealth parties together, so have no fear!

#35 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

I want to badly but...

1) Getting laid off at some point before April, so will be looking for a new job (won't pay as well I'm sure so less money to blow)
2) Need to graduate, ending fourth year, starting victory lap
3) Coop with a company?
4) Need to see if friends are going. 1 is, but would be cooler if more went. Some mentioned a Scuba trip which would be cool also.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#36 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

View Postag09, on Sep 17 2008, 01:20 AM, said:

I want to badly but...

1) Getting laid off at some point before April, so will be looking for a new job (won't pay as well I'm sure so less money to blow)
2) Need to graduate, ending fourth year, starting victory lap
3) Coop with a company?
4) Need to see if friends are going. 1 is, but would be cooler if more went. Some mentioned a Scuba trip which would be cool also.

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear.

On another somewhat 'grim' note...

Over on the 1st Exp forces (Allied) forum, there is a great need for marching band members for the Welsh Guard Band.

I was also talking about a Pipe and Drum Corps for the CanScot Regiment and Parade processional as well.

It seems it is very difficult for Sir Raymond to get the needed members and is asking for some help.

If you are capable, or know fellow ballers who are going that are, please refer them to these links and lend a hand!

Thanks!

Marching Band Members:
http://www.ddaycommonwealth.com/phpBB3/vie...?f=20&t=479

Bagpipe and drums: (Temporary convo spot)
http://www.ddaycommonwealth.com/phpBB3/vie...?f=20&t=716
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#37 User is offline   Zeke 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dwayne Ezekiel AKA Zeke

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

Posted Image
MajorGeneral Zeke out...

#38 User is offline   Thors Hammer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

Kool!! Marilyn Manson is on the Germans team? That's awesome!

This post has been edited by Thors Hammer: 19 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

#39 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

View PostThors Hammer, on Sep 19 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

Lolzers!

I thought the same thing. Now, if we made that required German apparel you would probably have a mass desertion on your hands.
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#40 User is offline   MOUTH 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

View PostBuckfrenzy, on Sep 20 2008, 02:03 PM, said:

View PostThors Hammer, on Sep 19 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

Lolzers!

I thought the same thing. Now, if we made that required German apparel you would probably have a mass desertion on your hands.

I know I spent most of my formative years in the company of freaky groupies and demonic women, so maybe my perspective is a little colored here... But what about a hot chick with a riding crop in a vinyl cat-suit makes you think about Marilyn Manson?

I'm going to wager its one of two things:

1) You don't get laid that often and when you do its really... really... really... boring. :huh:

2) You've got some unhealthy, unresolved fantasy about Marilyn Manson, a sheep dog, and a pitcher of molten jell-o. :(

Either way - expand your horizons, my bruthas - don't just turn off the lights, grit your teeth, and hope that all the sweating will be over quickly like some 1950s housewife.

What? I'm just saying...

Charlie Mike.
Oberführer Clay "MOUTH" Sanger
OKDDAY German Army
Grenadier, Jagverbande Normandie - German 709th Infanterie Division, Utah Beach

www.ddayadventurepark.com
www.axiscommand.org
EMAIL MOUTH - CLICK HERE

#41 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

I'll be there. Last time I played was in '07 with 1st Ranger, and that was freaking sweet, so I'm tempted to head back there -- then again, Tank Hunter is very enticing as well. Got a while to make up my mind yet..... also, I might have to tag along behind Jackrock, since this'll probably be the last game where I can claim Southwest Brigade, and I hear most of Colorado goes German for D-Day.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#42 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Sep 22 2008, 03:00 PM, said:

I'll be there. Last time I played was in '07 with 1st Ranger, and that was freaking sweet, so I'm tempted to head back there -- then again, Tank Hunter is very enticing as well. Got a while to make up my mind yet..... also, I might have to tag along behind Jackrock, since this'll probably be the last game where I can claim Southwest Brigade, and I hear most of Colorado goes German for D-Day.

Look forward to meeting you then MDK!

#43 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Sep 22 2008, 02:00 PM, said:

also, I might have to tag along behind Jackrock, since this'll probably be the last game where I can claim Southwest Brigade, and I hear most of Colorado goes German for D-Day.

Oh yeah. The state used to be an Allied state, then we came to our senses. I am the Chief of Staff for the Germans this year, so any German unit will be "backing" me. We should have a good showing of the BlackLight Tanks again, and will be bringing some challenges for the Allied army.

This post has been edited by JackRock: 22 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#44 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

The German tanks were fantastic in 2008, BTW. The only Allied tank I ever saw holding its own was the Combat Wombat (The full-size van with the 2 turrets up top), but all the German tanks I saw in action (Blacklight's dune buggy, the Bronco with the paintthrower and the Samurai) were all awesome.

This post has been edited by Marauder_Pilot: 22 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

#45 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

That would be BlackLIGHT's dune buggy, a.k.a., the QuickStrike tank. Long time advocates of D-Day, they were recently inducted into Blacklight Company a few months before D-Day 2008. We also fielded BlackLight 23, the small diamond-plated six-wheeler with a single turret up top.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users