• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Firefox Commando Series throat mic

#1 User is offline   smitty5841 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

Everything seems to work somtimes but at times I dont hear anything the other guys are saying...its not even acting like somethings being transmitted...but I mean at other times I hear the guys just fine. Does any1 know waht might be causing this?

Other than that I'm quite pleased =)

#2 User is offline   Dauragon 

• I am a Warrior...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dauragon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

I bought a Firefox Commando Series throat mic last week, and the day I recieved it, I found this forum where everyone seems to have had a bad experience with Firefox. They also seem to love Ixradio, so I checked it out and ended up buying their new elastic band throat mic and their ear bone mic for less than I spent on the Commando. I called SpecOps today and got a RA for the Firefox mic and the adapter for my radio.

#3 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

As with all equipment, it's not perfect. I have 6 sets for my team, we have 12 sets total with motorola radios. They take a few minutes to set up to get them set on your throat correctly. We then tape them in place. Turn your volume up high enough. Speak slowly and clearly. Run the wires down the inside of your clothes so you don't catch them on bushes. With all that, I'd give them a 8 on a 10 rating, which I believe is very good for throat mikes.

As with all equipment, it's not perfect. I have 6 sets for my team, we have 12 sets total with motorola radios. They take a few minutes to set up to get them set on your throat correctly. We then tape them in place. Turn your volume up high enough. Speak slowly and clearly. Run the wires down the inside of your clothes so you don't catch them on bushes. With all that, I'd give them a 8 on a 10 rating, which I believe is very good for throat mikes.

#4 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

i am having the same problems with mine and i find the clarity of the fire fox is bad. Taping it down tighter is a good idea.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#5 User is offline   *sniper* 

• Joker
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:*Sniper*

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

I had the same problems also..
New Jersey - Juliet Company XO of......
Dead Reckoning Scenario Paintball Team

www.freewebs.com/ptdr
www.dead-reckoning.us

Sponsored By...
Red Dragon Paintball
Shootout Sports

#6 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

I had the commando, a good fix that I found was to attach the PTT button (I used velcro) to the mike. That was every time you talk, you're pushing the mike into posistion on your throat.

I've found for throat mikes that the BEST SOLUTION (tape unsticks with sweat, grime etc), is to get a neck protector, and cut slits in the side to stick the mikes in. This keeps the mikes from moving, and applies pressure on them against your neck. This also doesn't require moving the PTT button, so you can put that back on your finger, so you can talk by just moving your thumb (great for recon).

I personally had a firefox set up, and that worked well... it didn't solve the weak wiring though, I ended up shredding the thing going through some bushes.

Right now I'm running with a set up by Pryme, and its 100 times better, its got nice thick heavy duty wires, two mikes, good sound, and an ear tube. This company hamcity carries them for 79 dollars. I'm a huge fan and I'd recomend them to anyone.

#7 User is offline   Punchy91 

• Hawaiian Punch
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Group

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

i have one but i have not had the best of times using it. first off, it keeps slipping away from my throat even with a throat cover over it. then i have a hard time hearing anyone let alone anyone hearing me with it. i've even tried using another radio with a little better luck but not much.
How many times do I have to shoot you before you call yourself out???????!!!!!!!!

#8 User is offline   fiveonomo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

An hour after I opened my Cammando from Fire Fox it was packaged back up, ready to be sent to them. I have nothing good to say about this peice of equipment, possibly one of the poorest peice's of equipment I have ever owned. On top of it not working correctly, It just appears to be cheap. From the packaging to the lack of instructions, I am totally disgusted with this waste of money.

I ordered the Iasus NT Sniper Pro last night, maybe this will be a better quality throat mic. I would not buy anything from Fire Fox, but that is just me. I hope it works out for you either way, I just had to vent. Thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users