• You cannot reply to this topic

One on One When you are Sniping, and they aren't Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Hey guys,

I just played at my cabin this weekend and tried using my ghillie suit. To my surprise, it sucked! It usually is phenomenal, but it just didn't work. My color's might have been off, but that wasn't it.

It was one on one the whole time, and the other guy always knew where I was. Therefore, I thought of this theory.

Isn't sniping better when there is a larger amount of people. Then the one opponent isn't always focused on just finding you, and you have more targets. I have played in larger games with my ghillie and have had way better results.

Does anyone else ditch the ghillie when it is one vs. one?

Thanks,

-W00DSBALL 5N1P3R :ghillie:

#2 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Aug 2 2009, 06:10 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I just played at my cabin this weekend and tried using my ghillie suit. To my surprise, it sucked! It usually is phenomenal, but it just didn't work. My color's might have been off, but that wasn't it.

It was one on one the whole time, and the other guy always knew where I was. Therefore, I thought of this theory.

Isn't sniping better when there is a larger amount of people. Then the one opponent isn't always focused on just finding you, and you have more targets. I have played in larger games with my ghillie and have had way better results.

Does anyone else ditch the ghillie when it is one vs. one?

Thanks,

-W00DSBALL 5N1P3R ;)

I don't like to wear a ghillie while doing small games, its much faster paced and you are usually in a smaller area so you can't flank and maneuver as easily. Also if you play by scenario rules you actually put yourself at a disadvantage in a 1v1, because if you get hit in the ghillie you're out no matter what. In bigger games you are in a larger area and people aren't just hunting you so they aren't looking for a guy in a ghillie suit. That makes it easier for us snipers to do the dirty in larger events. I wouldn't stress over it or anything, just ditch the ghillie next time. Snipers should be flexible, or rather us, as paintball players need to be flexible. If we can't adapt to a situation then we weaken as a player.

#3 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

Actually it depends. I've always said some of my best work was without a ghillie. For me I know I need to go heavy on the veg. Veg is everything. However I've done a lot without it.

I've done one better though than just 1 on 1.

3 on 1. Guess who the 1 was. Me. Team of 3 ran counter sniper. Two egrips and an autococker, two guys with pod vests and one without.

Took them an hour to find me. walked all around me too. You'd be surprised how well you can hear people from how far off.

Oh yeah they got me. But they had to fight to get me. Definitely a firefight on that one. These guys are guys that are usually on my team too so it's not like they are not used to how I operate. Two out of 3 have played a lot longer than I have as well. In fact they got me into the sport. They knew I liked being the sniper for recon for the team so they asked me to run a counter sniper game with me by myself. I threw everything I knew at them and made as hard as I could. Needless to say if it wasn't for pre set boundaries they would have gone all day trying to find me and never would have if I was given free reign to go anywhere I wanted to whenever I wanted to during the game.

That one was a no ghillie game as well. So it depends. It's one of those "How good are you?" things. You just have to play to your strengths.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#4 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Actually, 5niper, I have to say yes (unless the guy is seriously unobservant)

The action ghillie rocks! I love it and it's worked wonders. But versing someone 1 on 1 makes using it tough. I think that most eliminations I've gotten come from folks who weren't actively seeking me. I think their (OpForce) brains just works differently when they know what they're looking for and maybe makes it easier for them to identify the "leaf" pattern of the suit.

It's been too hot this year down in Texas to really be using my ghille (one heat stroke is enough for me! LOL) so I'm switching things up a bit. Planning on grabbing a good vest, egrip, flatline and laying down a whole bunch of paint (never played paintball that way, I wonder if it'll be fun?). Maybe that could be a good solution for the 1 on 1 "anti-sniper" matches?

What do you think? :dry:

This post has been edited by Mercy of Spades: 05 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yea it could have been the field I was playing on too. TONS of branches which made a lot of shots impossible and really no are to actually bog down.

I switched to my Omnipat setup then and just let my A-5A2 go to town :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users