• You cannot reply to this topic

t9 chrono issues Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:39 AM

Ok I am having an issue with my t9. Yesterday when I chronoed it for the first time since I owned it I learned that it was shooting hot so naturally I turned it down. However, when I did so I stopped getting consistent shots. When it was shooting over three hundred it was atleast shooting +/- 4, but when I chronoed it down to under 280 it would give me shots like with one mag, 212-249-278-289-294-275 and another mag would give me shots like, 212-220-202-210-330-209. Also if I adjusted it to raise the pressure then it would go over 300 and I would lower it back down and the inconsistent chrono would continue. Does anyone have a remedy for the affliction?

#2 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

You might want to post that on the tib forum too. You'll probably get a faster and more informed answer over there.

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 31 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#3 User is offline   cyanrattlesnake 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CYANRATTLESNAKE

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

I would clean out the regulator and check the orings in there for damage. Also on a t-9 in my experience it takes about the first two - three shots to get the regulator calibrated. The next five should be fairly consistent after that. I assume you are using twelvies. Out of curiosity does it have these same issues with HPA on a remote line and a hopper? As far as different mags giving you different velocities; do certain mags consistently give you certain ranges or is it just that the range changes every time you change a mag?

Rattlesnake

PS. Here is a guide that might help: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...mp;hl=regulator

This post has been edited by cyanrattlesnake: 31 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

well I have tried to join the Tiberius forums in the past but it won't let me join, so I post here. I will clean out everything and then see if it works.

#5 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

ok now the problem is worse, I dont have a chrono but I know it's shooting way too hot and it won't chrono down. I have it turned all the way down and it is busting paint like no tomorrow. it sounds really loud, like it would make a tippmann shudder! The manual doesn't have a fix or reason for this so I don't know what to do. I am using hpa right now should I try co2?

#6 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

To join the Tiberius forum u cant use a free form of email such as hotmail.
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#7 User is offline   cyanrattlesnake 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

Don't take this the wrong way, but is the regulator put back together the correct way? That sounds to me like a missing spring in the valve, but I could be wrong. I would have to actually see the marker. Switching to Co2 will probably not change anything if the problem is mechanical. Another way of getting help is Tiberius customer support. I have dealt with them a couple times and they are really great. Here is the number: 1.888.982.2842. Another thing I just thought of: Is your relief vale bleeding gas? Because if the pressure is really that high your relief valve should open.

Rattlesnake

#8 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

View Postcyanrattlesnake, on Sep 3 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but is the regulator put back together the correct way? That sounds to me like a missing spring in the valve, but I could be wrong. I would have to actually see the marker. Switching to Co2 will probably not change anything if the problem is mechanical. Another way of getting help is Tiberius customer support. I have dealt with them a couple times and they are really great. Here is the number: 1.888.982.2842. Another thing I just thought of: Is your relief vale bleeding gas? Because if the pressure is really that high your relief valve should open.

Rattlesnake

The relief valve is where it has always been, I haven't set it yet because I have not been able to get an accurate chrono. I have the spring in there and I put it in there the way the manual says. I will give them a call, I have a scenario in a couple of weeks so we'll see what happens.

#9 User is offline   cyanrattlesnake 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

It would appear that you have discovered the reason that both previous owners sold the marker. I am sorry I have not been able to help much, but it is difficult for me to diagnose problems long distance. I hope you get it up and running before your next game. BTW in re-reading your previous posts I think the previous owners of your marker closed the relief valve entirely, because you had a chrono reading listed as 330 which is well above the normal pressure that should open the factory default relief valve, so be sure you reset your relief valve after you get this other issue resolved.

#10 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

well the problem has fixed itself. I took it apart made sure everything was in position cleaned it and it shot perfectly, after I adjusted the chrono. I set it as low as possible and then shot it side by side with my ion, which is chrono'd at 250, and adjusted it accordingly. Since first strike rounds shoot about 25 fps faster than a normal paintball so I think I am set for now. Thanks for the help, it's just weird how just taking apart a marker and reassembling it can fix a problem...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users