• You cannot reply to this topic

Field building guide. A callaborative Rate Topic: ***** 7 Votes

#151 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

love the post! 5stars i am building my own field for team use and this was a great help!!!thanks
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#152 User is offline   Aitrus 

• Constantly Falling Waiting to Help
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:17 PM

It almost seems with this many people there should be a group formed who might be willing to invest in a field such as this. You know 5,000 people all give $100 that's $500,000. I mean sell shares for future profits of the field. It'd be pretty cool and let all stock holders vote on how the field should be. Maybe open a design competition for it too? I think this would be pretty cool. Wouldn't mind helping on this if anyone else thinks it could work.
~Tree's are safe, climb them high and quick.~

#153 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

I've found that management should be kept small. Everybody donates $100 = splitting the profits 5,000 ways.

Management of a field is a totally different, potentially harder ballgame. Maybe that deserves its own thread.... I'm gonna stop babbling about it for now.

New Tip -- if you're looking for a cheap way to build solid cover, consider investing in some tarp. I haven't seen a whole lot of tarp structures, but I think it's worth looking at because you've got more options about what do do with it. You can stretch some between trees and position it at any height, including over the head to prevent long-balling.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#154 User is offline   jonfl1 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jackal111

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

Such a great topic with a wealth of info... Big kudos to all of you that contributed so far!!!

#155 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

wow, thats all very useful ideas for making a couple bunkers on my field =]

#156 User is offline   Vern1 

• Timmy WOO HOO!!
  • PipPip

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

Greetings,
Nice job pulling all this info together to help the ballers out there.
If you have access to a small front end loader or Bobcat, you can build mound and trench fields reasonably fast.
If you dig down on the back side of the bunker and pile the dirt on the front side, it will get usable twice as fast - the player stands in the dugout part so they are lower than ground level and have the mound in front of them.
If you plan your field with the lay of an existing slight slope in the field, you can slope the dugout part so it will drain and not hold water - playing while standing in ankle deep mud/water is no fun.....
Easy to change or enhance if it doesn't play right also.

I can offer this pic of my little castle:
Posted Image
With a pic of these mounds leading up to it:
Posted Image
Just added the left 60 of so feet - notice no paint on that part yet.......
There is about 6 or 7 acres for attackers to use including foxholes, urban village, spools, graveyard and 400+ feet of mounds and trenches.

Here is a short video of the interior that is almost complete after the last addition getting ready for Nov 15 game:
The file is 11.5 Mb so dialup beware!
www.pettypb.com/fields/crinside.mov

This post has been edited by Vern1: 26 October 2008 - 06:44 AM

Cheers,
Joe Petty
Master Tinkerer
www.pettypb.com
Deadbox before Dishonor!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

#157 User is offline   Theos Kyrios 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

Thanks a lot for this info, it has been really helpful. Just one question. It was mentioned earlier in the post that a good size for a paintball field would be 3 acres, however where I live there are many fields with only half an acre and a lot of people go there. Do yoy think it is better if the field is bigger or smaller?

Thinking about profiting, if the field is smaller people may finish earlier and spend more on paintballs. Do you think that is the case? Do you also think if you want to profit more it would be better to have semi-automatic rifles for rental, so they ammunition finishes earlier??

#158 User is offline   Gash_3 

• Medium Rifleman (for now)
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GASH.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

How does it qualify as a private field? I am thinking about making a field to get some $$$$$. I have about 20 acers, about 5-7 is wooded the rest is for my fine equine friends.

#159 User is offline   Synister Wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Synister Wolf

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

Well I just went over the WHOLE post.
Everything.

And damn, I'm dying to start a field.

I did some building on the weekend, different bunkers and ideas,
I just wish I was 18, and could buy my own property though.

The fields around here suck!

But oh well, it's not always the field,
it's also the people, and the experience you earn from it, right?

:laugh:

Thank you all though.

#160 User is offline   joepain 

• NEXT GAME:...??????
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:702Recon~LasVegas Player's Assc

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

KUDO'S TO THOSE WHO PUT THIS ALL TOGETHER.....

in the past few years myself and teammates have to created a few diffrent fields [outlaw,to SPPL] in order to have the types of games /players ....over all...the info you all have gathered is really a complete guild to doing just that ...really well done all...just remember to plan the work...then work the plan....organize everything from field size to choke points where players are forced to fight it out...just having random placed "bunkers" isnt really enuff ...if the kind of players you gunning against are mostly seasoned vets...this kind of player will want more in a field....but then again thats all depending on the groups of folks you want go up against really...anyway just a thought about who the "target market" is when creating a field...thanks for putting this thread together...jp

#161 User is offline   Javaman72 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Anyone have any information or ideas on how to build the flag stations? I think I read somewhere to use PVC Pipe, a couple of eye bolts for the top and bottom, tie nylon or rope through eye bolts, and attach flags to the rope does that sound right?

#162 User is offline   Synister Wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Synister Wolf

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

View PostJavaman72, on May 5 2009, 02:12 PM, said:

Anyone have any information or ideas on how to build the flag stations? I think I read somewhere to use PVC Pipe, a couple of eye bolts for the top and bottom, tie nylon or rope through eye bolts, and attach flags to the rope does that sound right?

That sounds just right.
For flags, there's two D-Day Bandanas in SpecOps shop, and they're really huge, so you could use them as flags.
They're double sided too.
One's green with a lighter green,
and the other one is black with gray.

One of the flag has the German Cross, and the other one the American star.

I have them both, and well, they're pretty cool, I know you could use them as flags, and they're about $2.99 or so.

Hope that helps XD

#163 User is offline   joepain 

• NEXT GAME:...??????
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:702Recon~LasVegas Player's Assc

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

View PostJavaman72, on May 5 2009, 01:12 PM, said:

how we have done them on our fields and for sppl ....is the same type flag stations that are pretty much right on the money...we used 6 to 8 ft 1.5 pvc post {these were then placedd onto a stake about 3-4 ft high}...did the eyebolt anchore as you said...cap'd the tops...made one flag red , the other yellow..[made out of old banner material,that i used grommets on {top and bottom,on one side of the flags} tied the top of one ,passed the line through the eyebolts,and attached the same line to the bottom of the other flag...then connected the top of the second to the bottom of the frist...this way ..when you pull a line down ,that teams color will rise...be perpared for maintance...they get beat up from all the yanking on them.....

#164 User is offline   Javaman72 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

View Postjoepain, on May 7 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

how we have done them on our fields and for sppl ....is the same type flag stations that are pretty much right on the money...we used 6 to 8 ft 1.5 pvc post {these were then placedd onto a stake about 3-4 ft high}...did the eyebolt anchore as you said...cap'd the tops...made one flag red , the other yellow..[made out of old banner material,that i used grommets on {top and bottom,on one side of the flags} tied the top of one ,passed the line through the eyebolts,and attached the same line to the bottom of the other flag...then connected the top of the second to the bottom of the frist...this way ..when you pull a line down ,that teams color will rise...be perpared for maintance...they get beat up from all the yanking on them.....

Thanks, just exactly the type of information that I need to know! This will be my weekend project!

#165 User is offline   Javaman72 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

View Postjoepain, on May 7 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

By any chance can you post some pics to get a better visual? About the stakes and the other items!
Thanks in advance...

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users