• You cannot reply to this topic

SL-68 III? just wondering... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

does anyone know if tippmann is going to come up with an Sl-68 III? I figgure with the sl68II back out its only a matter of time before they make one with more modern features, (IE: a 98c style feedneck, a bottomline, buttstock mounting points, anything that would be nice in a milsim pump marker)

also, what do you think should be on an SL-68 III and why? Someone should make a poll after this thread is up for a month or so.

#2 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

they might get back into the propane scene.. who knows.. or it could be a sl 68 that is customizable.. that i might buy..if i dont do the mossberg mod to my a5
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#3 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

View PostThumper113, on Apr 15 2010, 10:18 PM, said:

they might get back into the propane scene.. who knows.. or it could be a sl 68 that is customizable.. that i might buy..if i dont do the mossberg mod to my a5

I don't really see them making a III. The II is a great, durable pump. I've got one of the originals that has never failed me. Adding more heavy crap to it kinda defeats the purpose of a pump and running light and fast
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#4 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

I never said more heavy crap though... I was kinda thinking having a flatline availible, or using polymer/magnesium/something in the grip frame construction, or having multiple picatinny rails.

#5 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

I would like to see a better barrel on the two...I mean, they aren't terrible, but could definetly be better.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#6 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

View PostIrishMack, on Apr 26 2010, 03:55 PM, said:

I would like to see a better barrel on the two...I mean, they aren't terrible, but could definetly be better.

What I would like to see in an SL-68III are as follows:
* Under barrel pump handle (not around it).
* A5/X7 threaded barrel.
* Stock Barrel being the same as on the phenom (high quality, shoots through breaks well).
* The at rest position of the ball being just short of the barrel and held by a detent to prevent rollouts.
* The same choke design of velocity adjustment as previous SL-68s (It's easier to deal with than a rod down the barrel).
* Vertical ASA and standard 2 hole bottom line like on the A5. That way players could run vertical 12 grams, expansion chambers, or regulators. The 2 hole could mount drop forwards or various ASAs, ON/Offs, etc based on player preference.
* Weaver or dovetail rail on top to mount sights.
* M98 style replaceable feed neck.
* Ability to take existing stocks stocks (M98, A5, or X7).

#7 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

View Postesperto96, on Apr 26 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

View PostIrishMack, on Apr 26 2010, 03:55 PM, said:

What I would like to see in an SL-68III are as follows:
* Under barrel pump handle (not around it). That would be nice, but not a deal breaker, since even a phantom comes stock with pump around barrel
* A5/X7 threaded barrel. Meh slip fit works ok. Palmers or J&J are really all ya need :P
* Stock Barrel being the same as on the phenom (high quality, shoots through breaks well). Shooting through breaks with a pump is always a trickier situation since you don't have the volume of rounds to help get the paint out.
* The at rest position of the ball being just short of the barrel and held by a detent to prevent rollouts. This is a problem with a lot of pumps. Palmer's with widgits helps, or a little dab of clear nail polish in the bore of the barrel
* The same choke design of velocity adjustment as previous SL-68s (It's easier to deal with than a rod down the barrel).
* Vertical ASA and standard 2 hole bottom line like on the A5. That way players could run vertical 12 grams, expansion chambers, or regulators. The 2 hole could mount drop forwards or various ASAs, ON/Offs, etc based on player preference.
* Weaver or dovetail rail on top to mount sights. Already a dovetail rail on there
* M98 style replaceable feed neck.
* Ability to take existing stocks stocks (M98, A5, or X7).

The ASA one would be kinda nice, but you can still put a 12g changer on it (I have). The others I'm kinda meh about
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#8 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Basically you want Tippmann to make a Phantom with a UC kit, detents, and a standard velocity screw. If Tippmann could do it cheaper than CCI, which they probably could because they have the marketing/customer base to create a high enough demand for large batches of markers to be made, which in turn means cheaper production, they could very well add the next big step to the revival of pump paintball. The only thing I'd worry about is the overall quality of the marker, no offense to Tippmann.

#9 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Apr 26 2010, 10:03 PM, said:

Basically you want Tippmann to make a Phantom with a UC kit, detents, and a standard velocity screw. If Tippmann could do it cheaper than CCI, which they probably could because they have the marketing/customer base to create a high enough demand for large batches of markers to be made, which in turn means cheaper production, they could very well add the next big step to the revival of pump paintball. The only thing I'd worry about is the overall quality of the marker, no offense to Tippmann.

Especially given Tippmann's recent track record of reliability
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#10 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

But there ability to push markers would do wonders for the pump community.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users