Special Ops Paintball: First ever ALL MAGAZINE FED Scenario game - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First ever ALL MAGAZINE FED Scenario game Oct 2-3, 2010 TAG Paintball Holister Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wolf Scout

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hey All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that RAP4 will be bringing you the FIRST EVER all magazine fed paintball scenario game!!! This event will be held Oct 2 - 3, 2010 at TAG Paintball in Hollister, Ca. RAP4 will be providing their Magazine Fed T68's to you the player FREE OF CHARGE!!! If you already have a magazine fed marker you will receive a $50 gift voucher as part of your player packet. For more information please go to the RAP4 Community section located at http://forum.rap4.com/.

Hope to see you all there.

-Dave

EDIT: Registration is NOW OPEN. :dodgy:

To register for this amazing event please call TAG Paintball at 1-800-TAG-5150. You will need to speak with Roland and provided him with the following:

Card Type (Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express)
Card Number
Expiration Date
CCV Number (3 digit number on the back)

Or you can pay TAG via PayPal but will still need to call.

The cost of the event is only $100 and includes 2 days of paintball action and a free rental of the T68, 3 magazines, a magazine pouch, belt and 3000psi tank.

Again I hope to see everyone there!!!

This post has been edited by Wolf Scout: 11 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

#2 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Not far from me, I may have to do this

#3 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

View PostMighty Mike, on Jan 8 2010, 02:58 PM, said:

Not far from me, I may have to do this

It's going to be amazing. Not only is RAP4 supplying all the mag fed markers, but the field owner is doing some CRAZY stuff to the field. There are a lot more things coming and will be posted to the website as we get guests confirmed, vendors set up, etc.

#4 User is offline   Dom 

• Aggressive Sniper - Triple Militia
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cinder Crush

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Im sure this will be a great event but let me point out a few things I realized about this field.

1. This Roland guy that runs it is extremely nice, and has a story for everything, however, if you just want to play paintball this can be a little frustrating. I showed up there the other day wanted to get a few quick games in, place opens at 10, we werent on the field until after 11, and all we did was rent tanks, and buy their paint.

2. You have to use the field paint, which normally isnt a problem for me, but I found their paint to be very lacking. I was getting 20-30fps spikes on the chrono, lots of dimples, and rounds were breaking regularly, which almost never happens with my marker/paint setup.

3. They advertise that they have 11 fields...let me just clarify that 5 of those fields could all easily be lumped into one normal sized field. I asked one of the guys that worked there where all the fields were located so we could kind of walk around and check it out, he mentioned a few and most notably he pointed out the "mounds field." This sounded right up my alley so we walked over there to check it out and it ended up being about 15 small piles of dirt in a very tight formation, and this is what they advertise as one of their 11 fields? Also the fields arent divided very well, so if you show up with a group of your own, expect to be taking rounds into your game from the other fields. At one point we were at the chrono and I get lit up by about 5 or 6 rounds.

4. Overall the refs seem very unorganized. They basically took our money and said hey go have fun. Which can be enjoyable, but when you're trying to get some quality efficient games in, this tends to be a hindrance. Half the games we played we didn't even have a ref around, and at one point we went to go buy some more of their crappy paint, and the only person tending the "shop" area, didn't know how to sell us paint so we had to wait around for one of the other workers to show up to sell us some rounds. Also, the only ref they had on the field that day for their 11 fields was in full camo gear with absolutely no indication that he was a ref, come on, put a black and white jersey, or some fluorescent gloves on or something.

All that being said, of all the places I've played paintball, the staff here was definitely the nicest, and most friendly. But if you are an avid woodsball player, and you take the game semi seriously, this might not be the place for you. The place definitely has potential though. If they combined their first couple of fields into one normal size field, and managed it a little more efficiently for the player to actually get out on the field. Also if they had maps showing where all "11" of their fields were located. My wife and I dropped over 100 bucks to play there, and all we did was rent their tanks. It would be nice to get some solid play time for that kind of money.

This post has been edited by Dom: 25 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

#5 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

View PostDom, on Jan 25 2010, 01:27 AM, said:

Im sure this will be a great event but let me point out a few things I realized about this field.

1. This Roland guy that runs it is extremely nice, and has a story for everything, however, if you just want to play paintball this can be a little frustrating. I showed up there the other day wanted to get a few quick games in, place opens at 10, we werent on the field until after 11, and all we did was rent tanks, and buy their paint.

2. You have to use the field paint, which normally isnt a problem for me, but I found their paint to be very lacking. I was getting 20-30fps spikes on the chrono, lots of dimples, and rounds were breaking regularly, which almost never happens with my marker/paint setup.

3. They advertise that they have 11 fields...let me just clarify that 5 of those fields could all easily be lumped into one normal sized field. I asked one of the guys that worked there where all the fields were located so we could kind of walk around and check it out, he mentioned a few and most notably he pointed out the "mounds field." This sounded right up my alley so we walked over there to check it out and it ended up being about 15 small piles of dirt in a very tight formation, and this is what they advertise as one of their 11 fields? Also the fields arent divided very well, so if you show up with a group of your own, expect to be taking rounds into your game from the other fields. At one point we were at the chrono and I get lit up by about 5 or 6 rounds.

4. Overall the refs seem very unorganized. They basically took our money and said hey go have fun. Which can be enjoyable, but when you're trying to get some quality efficient games in, this tends to be a hindrance. Half the games we played we didn't even have a ref around, and at one point we went to go buy some more of their crappy paint, and the only person tending the "shop" area, didn't know how to sell us paint so we had to wait around for one of the other workers to show up to sell us some rounds. Also, the only ref they had on the field that day for their 11 fields was in full camo gear with absolutely no indication that he was a ref, come on, put a black and white jersey, or some fluorescent gloves on or something.

All that being said, of all the places I've played paintball, the staff here was definitely the nicest, and most friendly. But if you are an avid woodsball player, and you take the game semi seriously, this might not be the place for you. The place definitely has potential though. If they combined their first couple of fields into one normal size field, and managed it a little more efficiently for the player to actually get out on the field. Also if they had maps showing where all "11" of their fields were located. My wife and I dropped over 100 bucks to play there, and all we did was rent their tanks. It would be nice to get some solid play time for that kind of money.

Fair enough, so let me address your concerns.

1. The 11 am thing is definitely a problem. RAP4 is running the event so this won't be an issue.

2. Getting fresh paint for the event. It's Draxxus so coming from the factory for the event there should be no issues.

3. He may have 11, but we are lumping them all together in one very large field (to include both banks of the "creek") so again, no issue.

4. We have a plan for reffing in place and there will be more refs than the one you head encountered

Overall we are planning for this to be a FANTASTIC weekend and hope that you will come out and enjoy your selves

#6 User is offline   Dom 

• Pip

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

The event being ran by an outside company will definitely increase my chance of coming. I appreciate you addressing my concerns. Overall the place has alot of potential, I just found it to be somewhat ineffecient. Something to consider; if its raining a bunch the month of the event, that creek will turn into a small river. It has been raining alot this month and when we were there the other day I wouldnt of dared crossing it. And Im in the coast guard if that says anything =P

#7 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:54 AM

View PostDom, on Jan 26 2010, 04:57 PM, said:

The event being ran by an outside company will definitely increase my chance of coming. I appreciate you addressing my concerns. Overall the place has alot of potential, I just found it to be somewhat ineffecient. Something to consider; if its raining a bunch the month of the event, that creek will turn into a small river. It has been raining alot this month and when we were there the other day I wouldnt of dared crossing it. And Im in the coast guard if that says anything =P

That's understandable, but as long as I've been here I have never seen a week like this weather wise.also, October is usually pretty dry so we should be safe. If not there will be adjustments made. There is so much more to the field than is readily apparent.

#8 User is offline   Dom 

• Pip

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

I might try and get a group of guys down there, not this weekend but next. That would be sunday the 7th I think. Maybe you could show us around a bit.

#9 User is offline   Dom 

• Pip

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

Also I will be up at Pursuit Paintball in Los Gatos, about 15 minutes north of santa cruz, this upcoming weekend on the 31st. Be there about 9:45, you can bring your own paint but no red or pink allowed. They fill hpa and co2. Camo should be dark if you care, ghillie unnecessary. Wear boots or cleats if you got em, with all the rain we've been getting it will probably be slippery there. Take 17north up to the Bear Creek Rd. exit (exit sign is broke in half), follow bear creek rd. for about 4 miles and you'll see a highway 31(i think it was 31, its 30 something) sign right before a good size intersection. Follow the small dirt road on the far side of the intersection, there will be a paintball sign on the far left side of the intersection, but you will actually making a right turn down a dirt road. Google it if these directions are as crappy for you as they seem to me lol, I've been drinkin a little bit this evening. I'll be there with my little blond wife, driving her silver pontiac, she has a spyder mr1 (I opted for cheap gear for her since she isnt that serious about paintballing), and I have a custom a5 with a camo/scaled paint scheme. I'll probably be the only guy on the field with a remote line running out of a camelback.

This post has been edited by Dom: 27 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

#10 User is offline   Dom 

• Pip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:56 AM

**Change of plans, I will be at Sequoia Paintball in Aptos this weekend thanks to the recommendation of Mighty Mike.**

**Edit**
Cancel that, they dont allow outside paint and I have almost 2 cases I need to burn through, so I will be up at Los Gatos this weekend.

This post has been edited by Dom: 28 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

#11 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

RAP4 went out as a small team this weekend to TAG and everything is looking good to go. The creek is drying out down to a stream and some trial missions will be run out there soon although they wont be the same missions as the actual game as we want to keep those a secret until October

#12 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

The Website and poster are finally up for Operation End War. Check out www.operationendwar.com for more details

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

I wish I lived near CA :dodgy: lol I don't know I've heard of ANY larger events up in Canada, though I just started last year...

#14 User is offline   paintman161 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintman161

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Same here, too far for me as well. :dodgy: I hope RAP4 keeps doing these, at differant fields around the US!!

#15 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

View Postpaintman161, on Mar 9 2010, 02:56 PM, said:

Same here, too far for me as well. :( I hope RAP4 keeps doing these, at differant fields around the US!!

Consider this one a test. If there is a large enough response to justify more, we may do them. It's not easy lugging 400 T68's across the country. Besides even if it was easy, airport security gets a little upset :P It's also not just RAP 4, Spectre 6 is doing the event design. (www.spectre6.com)

This post has been edited by Wolf Scout: 09 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users