Special Ops Paintball: Which Pistol Is Better And Why - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Which Pistol Is Better And Why need help Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which Is The Better Pistol And Why (19 member(s) have cast votes)

need help

1. zeus g2 (11 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

2. overlord (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

3. ACP 2.0 (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. T 68 pistol (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote

#1 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Post icon  Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

thanks for the info guys. i got a warsensor zeus g2 OD green

This post has been edited by A5sniper: 15 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#2 User is offline   Helmi_17 

• You know the music...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Helmi_17

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

I haven't had any exp with any of theese markers, but am wanting a sidearm.

After all my reasearch I have settled on a Zeus G2+

I wont vote just because I don't have any hands on exp to base this on with the above pistols...

I think the zeus has the best options though, it comes with a couple barrels and whatnot, and you can put a collapsible stock and bottomline on itt quite easily (so I've been told)
...Time to dance!

#3 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

I've done lots of research. Overall, a Miltec or Warsensor Zeus series is better. Here's why:

1. Simplicity: Fewer gimicky parts to worry about.

2. Upgrades: Tons of upgrades are available for the Zeus design, many of which work whether you have a Warsensor or a Miltec (magazines are interchangeable)

3. Evolved design: The Zeus has gone through several companies' hands, and is now produced by 2 companies. The bugs have been worked out of it.

4. Reliability: The Zeus has no real problems that cannot be fixed permanently. The only real complaint is that it shoots hot out of the box (which is far better than shooting low, as many pistols do). Compare this to most other pistols where there are repeated complaints about prematurely breaking puncture pins, blown o-rings, leakage, etc.. Parts are readily available, too.

5. Proven design: It's been around a long time, and it's always been good.

The problems with the Ariakon pistols is they are proprietary Zeus clones. Basically, they took the Zeus and changed all the parts slightly so they cannot be interchanged with the original design. Ariakons are particularly known for having weak puncture pins that break frequently. They also added tons of unnecessary, problem-prone features to encourage you to buy more magazines (you don't NEED to change a magazine on a Zeus pistol. You pull the powerfeed cap out and drop in a 10-round tube).

Rap4's pistol gets decent reviews, but as is everything Rap4 does, it's proprietary. I also seriously question it's long-term reliability, because Rap4 has a VERY poor reputation.

The conclusion: Keep it simple, and stay with something that's proven and known to be good.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 01 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#4 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

I personally don't think pistols are worth it, but if i had the choice i would pick the same as Warden Wolf because i have heard alot of good things about em from a few people so that is my spot third person.......again.

This post has been edited by Long Wood: 01 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

#5 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

what about armortech zeus g2. are they good
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#6 Guest_martzy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

View PostA5sniper, on Feb 1 2008, 03:12 PM, said:

looking for an pistol but there is lots to choose from. so i need to know which is better and why. not into Tac 8"s. thanks

whats up man i know some guys at school that own WSP with sllide action, they got it from opsgear.com they both said that they really like that pistol, the one sold his but the other said he loves it and always carries it on the paintball field, other than that i dont know to much about the pistol but from talking with diff people but i think the WSP,and anyone of the Zues series would be your best bet, go on to warsensor.com and check the Zues series out and i think warsensor also has a forum so maybe join their forum and get some more info

ill cya bro

This post has been edited by martzy: 09 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

Whats your price range? If you are looking into the absolute best, I would recommend taking a peek at Palmer's Squall. Completely customizable when you order it to suit your needs.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#8 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:08 PM

i've actually had the pleasure of tryin em all. in my opinion

68 > overlord > acp 2.0 > zeus.... actually other than my pgp the only pistol i havent passed on is my acp 1.0, still holds up after years of wear & tear. But my buddies Zeus definitely is a dependable pistol.

if you get a chance, try and hold them all. The comfort of a a marker is ill in comparison to minute details.. in my opinion :ghillie:.

Piller has a great idea too.. ohh squall <3

This post has been edited by JayRecball: 09 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

#9 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:11 AM

Zeus G2 FTW!

#10 User is offline   FCFER 

• Do Not Go Gentle...
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

I carried a Zues G1 for about 3 months every time I went on the field. Not once did I ever draw it. It just ended up being extra weight flopping on my hip that looked really cool! It was fun to play with as a primary though. I ended up selling it a few months later. The zues series always seemed better build then the others i've held. Also easy to rebuild if needed as they use spyder-ish parts. I did check out a friends tac-8. That is a horse of a different color! I was very impressed with the performance of the pistol! If only the grip was not so large...

Any way, Zues FTW!
Play Hard, Pray Harder

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

View Postmartzy, on Feb 9 2008, 06:07 PM, said:

View PostA5sniper, on Feb 1 2008, 03:12 PM, said:

looking for an pistol but there is lots to choose from. so i need to know which is better and why. not into Tac 8"s. thanks

whats up man i know some guys at school that own WSP with sllide action, they got it from opsgear.com they both said that they really like that pistol, the one sold his but the other said he loves it and always carries it on the paintball field, other than that i dont know to much about the pistol but from talking with diff people but i think the WSP,and anyone of the Zues series would be your best bet, go on to warsensor.com and check the Zues series out and i think warsensor also has a forum so maybe join their forum and get some more info

ill cya bro

The WSP is a modified Zeus. It has a few minor changes, but really it's the same gun. The Warsensor Zeus G1 and G2 use the same internal parts because they upgraded the G1 to G2 standards. The Warsensor model also comes with a delrin bolt. There's literally only 1 o-ring on the entire bolt system, and I'm quite certain the pistol could still function without it.

I owned a Tac8. I traded it for a Zeus. The Tac8 was a money pit, and it was too hard to reload the clips on the field. And you couldn't change CO2 cartridges without tools which meant you were forced to buy extra magazines if you wanted to shoot more than 8 rounds. It has a certain "cool" factor when you use it at the store, but after you've used it a while you realize it's just got too many problems. It also doesn't point as well as other pistols.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#12 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

I'd vote for either the ACP 2.0 or the Zeus G2+. At the core, they're basically identical, both very simple and reliable for a sidearm.

Tac 8s/9s are really nice, but they cost more then double any other pistol, plus the cost of mags.

#13 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

The problem with the ACP 2.0 is weak puncture pins. That's its downfall.

#14 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

True, but I believe there's a way to adapt Phantom pins to it. Still, a pain.

#15 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

View PostJayRecball, on Feb 9 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

i've actually had the pleasure of tryin em all. in my opinion

68 > overlord > acp 2.0 > zeus.... actually other than my pgp the only pistol i havent passed on is my acp 1.0, still holds up after years of wear & tear. But my buddies Zeus definitely is a dependable pistol.

if you get a chance, try and hold them all. The comfort of a a marker is ill in comparison to minute details.. in my opinion :ninja:.

Piller has a great idea too.. ohh squall <3

Uuh, are you sure you're not confusing your greater than/less than signs? You're "equation" says that the Delta 68 is the best, then overlord, then ACP 2, and finally the Zeus is the worst, but that is backwards, and you even seem to support that in the rest of your comment. So... what is it?

But I agree with the Palmer's suggestion if money isn't a concern. They are awesome.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 13 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users