Special Ops Paintball: So...yeah - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So...yeah Apparently, someone at jungle magazine reads the forums. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:49 AM

I'm about sick of the hunter (dosen't that sound familiar? Could have SWORN I said that a few months ago too.... hrm) Anyway, for those of you who've picked up the October issue of jungle, y'all more than know what's coming.

Now, to forestall any complaints, this isn't a general rant, otherwise I'd have posted in that thread. this is a specific rant, and maybe an attempt, no my part, to see if maybe I'm being unreasonable. I like to think I'm not an unreasonable person, 'course I also like to think I'm not violent, mean, or cruel, and I've been told repeatedly I'm all of the last three, so...yeah. I will admit I am prone to easy agitation, and I know it. anyway, not my point.

I swear, though that the entire column is written specifically to irk me. It's got to be some global conspiracy on the part of breweries, Because they know i tend to grab a bud out of the fridge when agitated....IDK. anyhow.

The article in question is, no lie, called 'maximum boobage' and specifically laments the lack of 'lady' players in woodsball. No, I'm not kidding you. With a name like "maximum boobage" Dirty Acronym kind of players do you expect to attract? Let me give you (the writer of the article) a hint: NOT LADIES. It's really simple, actually. When you write an article lamenting the lack of 'lady players' like keely and camille, then turn around and say you pretty much only want them around specifically to, quote, "distract the idiot-minority-of-players from being douche bags" (his words, I swear to god) by giving them something to oogle, will that really attract them? Let me put it as an open question to any lady of the forums that's gotten this far- would you be enticed into playing a sport, ANY sport, purely to give the 'idiot minority' something to look at?

Let me also state here, for the record, that every female player I've ever seen on field can be as mean, nasty, and violent as me. As much as you (article writer, again) want to make it seem like they're the 'perfect sportsmen' (ha-ha, play on words), they ain't. they're human too, adrenaline does the same poo to their higher-thought processes as it does to ours (males). I've seen dainty little 14 year old girls rip into a ref for making a bad call, I've seen them bonusball, I've seen them wipe hits (sin of sins!). Trust me when I say all female teams aren't the perfect, magical, sinless players you (writer) want to think they are.

Let me put it to you another way, y'all- would you, as a guy who is relatively new to the sport, and for some reason reads this particular column or page or what have you, would you be even remotely interested in introducing your girlfriend to the sport purely to give the 'idiot minority' something to lust after all day? huh? I wouldn't- actually, I'd keep her as far removed from a field as possible, in those circumstances. (not that that's an option for me, because she plays, and has for over a year) Let me ALSO point out that he also calls out our less 'ladylike' female players- the ones that are, for lack of a better term 'just one of the guys' in almost all aspects- tatts, whatever. again, duh. Really, what kind of girl do you honestly expect to be attracted to the sport of shooting the crap out of your opponent with high velocity gelcaps full of paint? Yes, there are exceptions, don't yell at me (promise you i get at least one angry PM about the preceding sentence).

In short, after reading it, I wanted to un-read it. It all boils down to a long, drawn out "man there needs to be more hot girls in paintball!"- and that's it.

That said- Yeah, I wish more girls played. honestly, though, I just wish more people played- I like big games- games with 80+ people on the field make me happy. they always have. Weather or not those players happen to be girls or not don't matter a lick to me- fine, they're cute and may squeal when they get shot, great. That does me absolutely 0 good at all- because 1) I have a girl, and 2) I'm playing paintball, not out to get chicks (for lack of a better term). and Look, I know, i know, it's nice to have something easy on the eyes while you play, but honestly? If you're spending that much time paying attention the the figure of players, maybe you're in the wrong sport. Even if Megan fox or Amy lee was out there in multicam and a vest, I'd be paying less attention to them and more to what needed to be done to win. I know a lot of other players here that would do the same thing.

But maybe I'm overreacting.

Also- 10 shot, grats on the interview, assuming you see this post.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#2 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

moved to General paintball discussions, otherwise, its a rant in the lounge
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#3 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:55 AM

? Isnt this where this stuff goes?
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#4 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

View PostAussie_bloke, on Sep 3 2008, 03:53 AM, said:

moved to General paintball discussions, otherwise, its a rant in the lounge

I was gonna post it here... but I wasn't sure.

meh, either way. thanks Aussie!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

wow, i am glad i don't read that magazine, or really any PB magazines. They just stopped interesting me quite some time ago. APG was the only one i could stomach for a long time, and even that has worn thin on me recently. Too much crap i don't care about in them, mixed with 50% of the pages being advertisements just made me want to spend my hard earned cash elsewhere. If i wanted to pay to see advertisements i'd buy the sunday paper, thanks.

As to the article. Sounds like any guy who doesn't have a woman and wants to desperately find one. He is just hoping this one would ball, and be cute. :blink: Pretty stupid article, kinda sad it got published, but hey, that's what these PB mags crank out for stories routinely, crap like this. It's a wonder they aren't number 1 on the new york times best seller every week. :dodgy: I mean that was an epic story of beyond epic magnitude.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   xVIPERx 

• Acta Non Verba
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:xVIPERx

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:41 AM

wow, that man is incredibly sexist and a disgrace to the sport.
Acta Non Verba-"Actions Not Words"

#7 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:46 AM

...must be a slow month for jungle.

#8 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Reminds me of the spectacle Pinckney Bar & Grill put on at MMG.

#9 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

Wow, what an idiot. Does he actually expect this article to be a positive one? Does he expect positive feedback? This article does nothing but proves he's an idiot and should not be in journalism.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#10 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:32 AM

My wife used to play occasionally, and I'm kinda glad she doesn't any more. It is kind of like "me" time, which is rare with kids in the house. Frankly, I'd rather do other things with my wife (movies, dinner, etc) than play paintball.

To me, paintball is about pure competitiveness. My chance to let those "manly urges" for competition and domination out to prowl. An opportunity for releasing pent-up aggressiveness that is otherwise unacceptable in society.

Having a look at the ladies is definitely outside of my game plan for a day of paintball. If a lady wants to play, that's fine, but to objectify them as "distracting eye-candy" is in poor taste, and cheapens the game. Lady players should be afforded the same respect and courtesy as any other player.

Ok, now the controversial part.....The ladies, for their part, should be out in proper attire for a paintball game. I've seen some pictures of ladies out in miniskirts and tank tops. Yeah, lots of the boys are gonna be lookin' for some boobage when you dress like that. Expect to be stared at in that attire. While some may think that women should be allowed to dress as they please without being leered at, until you are invisible, it will be impossible for you to dress skimpily without being seen by males, who, due to genetic pre-disposal, will tend to look. That said, I think males should be dressed in appropriate attire for paintball as well. And, for much the same reason.

Conclusion. I think Ethereal has a good point. In a sport such as ours, ladies have the potential to have equal footing on the playing field. We should not marginalize them and relegate them to the "cheerleader" position on the sidelines. This is a sport where ladies can play with the guys, and do it very well. If they come to the field prepared to compete, then they should be treated as serious competitors. With respect.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#11 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:08 AM

Great rant...we should get you angry more often :D
I tend to agree with you - this writer has no idea how to get people PROPERLY involved in the sport.
You should send your comments as written here to Jungles editor...

Ok, now the controversial part.....The ladies, for their part, should be out in proper attire for a paintball game. I've seen some pictures of ladies out in miniskirts and tank tops. Yeah, lots of the boys are gonna be lookin' for some boobage when you dress like that. Expect to be stared at in that attire. While some may think that women should be allowed to dress as they please without being leered at, until you are invisible, it will be impossible for you to dress skimpily without being seen by males, who, due to genetic pre-disposal, will tend to look. That said, I think males should be dressed in appropriate attire for paintball as well. And, for much the same reason.

Im actually not too concerned about this part of it though...I dont really care how someone dresses to play. If some girl wants to play in a bikini, its no skin off my teeth - Im still going to shoot her. Hell, if some GUY wants to play in a bikini, I'll just laugh - then shoot him. Some girls/women seem to have a need to emphasise their femininity when pursuing traditionaly masculine activities...I had a girlfriend once who would spend several hours showering & putting on makeup BEFORE a paintball game (never figured that one out...). What ever makes someone more comfortable - emotionally or physically - on the field will encourage them to play more.
I do think that actualy playing in a mini-skirt is a sign of somewhat skewed priorities though...there is a proper place in sports for the cheesecake/pin-up look & its called the locker room walls.

Even if Megan fox or Amy lee was out there in multicam and a vest, I'd be paying less attention to them and more to what needed to be done to win. I know a lot of other players here that would do the same thing.

QFT 100%

This post has been edited by The Stuntman: 03 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

#12 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:19 AM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Sep 3 2008, 06:49 AM, said:

The article in question is, no lie, called 'maximum boobage' and specifically laments the lack of 'lady' players in woodsball. No, I'm not kidding you. With a name like "maximum boobage" Dirty Acronym kind of players do you expect to attract? Let me give you (the writer of the article) a hint: NOT LADIES. It's really simple, actually. When you write an article lamenting the lack of 'lady players' like keely and camille, then turn around and say you pretty much only want them around specifically to, quote, "distract the idiot-minority-of-players from being douche bags" (his words, I swear to god) by giving them something to oogle, will that really attract them? Let me put it as an open question to any lady of the forums that's gotten this far- would you be enticed into playing a sport, ANY sport, purely to give the 'idiot minority' something to look at?

im not gonna lie....when i first saw that, i thought it was going to be an article on booby traps.....

#13 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:09 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Sep 3 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

Im actually not too concerned about this part of it though...I dont really care how someone dresses to play. If some girl wants to play in a bikini, its no skin off my teeth - Im still going to shoot her. Hell, if some GUY wants to play in a bikini, I'll just laugh - then shoot him. Some girls/women seem to have a need to emphasise their femininity when pursuing traditionaly masculine activities...I had a girlfriend once who would spend several hours showering & putting on makeup BEFORE a paintball game (never figured that one out...). What ever makes someone more comfortable - emotionally or physically - on the field will encourage them to play more.

Well....my point is, if you dress that way, you're going to get looked at. That's all.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#14 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Sep 3 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

Great rant...we should get you angry more often ;)
I tend to agree with you - this writer has no idea how to get people PROPERLY involved in the sport.
You should send your comments as written here to Jungles editor...

dude, theres a REASON hes the only person whose myspace blog i subscribe to.

some girl wants to play in a bikini, its no skin off my teeth - Im still going to shoot her. Hell, if some GUY wants to play in a bikini, I'll just laugh - then shoot him.

bwaahahaha... funny story about that...

Desperate-for-a-bag-of-paint guys
+girl with extra bikini tops in her suitcase
+camera
--------
hilarity

now. rant:
WHO AND WHAT THE BOINK DOES THAT SISSY-buttocked DESPERATE RETARDED BOINKJOB OF A WANNABE MANPIMP THINK HE IS?! HOW IN THE FLYING BOINK DOES ANYONE EXPECT ME TO CONVINCE MY FRIENDS TO PLAY MORE IF THEY THINK THEYRE ONLY GOING TO GET FELT UP IN BETWEEN GAMES?! well, BOINK, if i wanted that to happen, id just bring them to one of my highschool dances!!!!
Id love to meet that poo for brains and PEE SHOOTER for eyes on the field, id show him just how much girls are NOT there for his browsing pleasure. heres an idea, if you want the canines with lack of y chromosome with stds who will leave you after they BOINK you (in more than one way) and steal your money, go hire a hooker. the very few girls who play to get the guys deserve to get shot... heh, guess theyre in the right sport after all.
BOINKing retarded worm sucking sons of whores
/rant

edit: woah... im sorry to all mods didnt mean to put the swear filter though such a... rigourous exercise. also edited cause im pretty sure thats supposed to be a filtered word

This post has been edited by 1-I: 03 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

#15 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

View PostBecc, on Sep 3 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

now. rant:
WHO AND WHAT THE BOINK DOES THAT SISSY-buttocked DESPERATE RETARDED BOINKJOB OF A WANNABE MANPIMP THINK HE IS?! HOW IN THE FLYING BOINK DOES ANYONE EXPECT ME TO CONVINCE MY FRIENDS TO PLAY MORE IF THEY THINK THEYRE ONLY GOING TO GET FELT UP IN BETWEEN GAMES?! well, BOINK, if i wanted that to happen, id just bring them to one of my highschool dances!!!!
Id love to meet that poo for brains and PEE SHOOTER for eyes on the field, id show him just how much girls are NOT there for his browsing pleasure. heres an idea, if you want the canines with lack of y chromosome with stds who will leave you after they BOINK you (in more than one way) and steal your money, go hire a hooker. the very few girls who play to get the guys deserve to get shot... heh, guess theyre in the right sport after all.
BOINKing retardedEDIT sons of whores
/rant

;) ...note to self.....never anger Becc.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users