Special Ops Paintball: Spyder Barrel - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spyder Barrel Need help figuring out which muzzel break to get... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:04 AM

I'm buying a 6inch barrel for my pistol, and it comes with a muzzel break. Now there are several different kinds that they are offering, so what I need to know is what is the difference between all of them, and which one is the quietest without loosing air efficiency.

My Selection choices are...

M4 Birdcage
M4
RIS
Vortex
M177 Whisper
Noveske
Gemtech

I'm looking for reviews on these all, but I'm at work and some websites are blocked, and I also need to be doing work.

Here is a link to the item
http://www.directpaintball.com/RAP4-Spyder...rel-P20947.aspx

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Agnoeo: 01 June 2009 - 06:05 AM

III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

I don't think it will really make much of a difference, honestly. The 'Gemtech' one looks kinda silencer-esque, I don't know if it's just for show or for real. The 'Noveske' one reminds me of a loudener, but I honestly don't know.

I would stay away from Rap4 products, they have a reputation of being low quality, to the point of blowing up in one's face. :panzer:

You could just forgo the muzzle break, save yourself $20.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think you are confusing "Muzzle break" with a sound suppressor. They are not the same.

The top two in your link are flash hiders, the bottom two are suppressor-esque. Note to the buyer though...unless it costs $200+ AND comes with Class III weapons certificate...it's not a real suppressor [which it isn't] and therefore will NOT act like a true suppressor.

A muzzle break is actually a "flash" suppressor [aka flash hider], which looks like a tip with flutes or petals cut into it. This does nothing to muffle sound...or at least, it's not designed to.

A sound suppressor does just that...muffles the report.

The two products are completely different in design.

They are all "muzzle attachments" because they fit onto the muzzle of a barrel but their functions are totally different.

Now as a general rule, a barrel [tip] with the most amount of porting will be most quiet but may also detract from efficiency.
A barrel with the least amount of porting is most efficient but is also the loudest.

If you are looking at a balance between them, pick one with a little bit of porting at the tip. If I had to choose for myself, using your criteria, I'd choose the Vortex. The cuts in the tip appear to be more slender than the top one but are a bit longer overall. The top one just has huge vents all the way around it, pulling away from the "efficiency" part you are looking for.
The two bottom ones are nothing more than solid barrel extensions, making absolutely no difference in sound. They'd probably be the most efficient of all the tips offered but that's it.....HOWEVER....nothing is more efficient than 'barrel only' [meaning no extensions] and may find that more to your liking. Adding length might cause drag on the ball as it exits the barrel, taking away from the efficiency you seek.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#4 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

Thanks both of ya, I sorta took the advice of having nothing on the end. I sorta figured everything else would be just for show and doesn't improve performance at all. If anything maybe get in the way. Save a few bucks too.

but I did go with an APEX barrel attachment they had for it. They subtracted the muzzel break cost which made it a pretty decent price. I figured even if I don't use it for an actual game, I can still mess around with it and have fun.

Or if I'm not being serious, I can try to spin a ball around a bunker to get someone, and be the talk of the field for the rest of the day. Also it does have a lift on it, so maybe I'll see how far the balls will go.

Bottom line it'll be something fun to play around with when I get bored.

Maybe when I get my HD camcorder and make mini paintball episodes, I can use it to give a "Wanted" appearance or something

Thanks again for the replies!
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users