• You cannot reply to this topic

Curious Possible Ref Job on Weekends Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FIX BAYONETS 

• The Twitch
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Twitch

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:20 PM

One of the local fields needs weekend only refs, and I was curious, does reffing take away a bunch from your actual play time? And does it kill a little of your love for the sport? Or can it be a great experience in itself?

I love Paintball.

#2 User is offline   andrew1987 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:beat box

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:48 PM

i have been reffing for a while and it makes me want to play more

weather or not you will get to play less depends on how often you play now, i yousuly play once a month so thats 1/8 posoble days in a month so i its not bad for me
1 day off a month

if your a speed baller and play twice a week then it might be a little different

#3 User is offline   sQoshTrEE 

• 10yr Balluh
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SQOSHUA

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

does reffing take away a bunch from your actual play time?

well, if you play on weekends, yeah... you might get to play some of the late games (if your field allows it, and its slow, and you have enough refs)

And does it kill a little of your love for the sport?

hex no! only if YOU let it, if you make sure you have fun, you'll begin to love paintball even more!

can it be a great experience in itself?

OMG yes, when your out there you can see the game from every point of view... watch the players, see what moves work, and which ones dont... being a REF, you will learn allot about the sport, and become a better player, no doubt!
Official Saber #16, Officialy REF #19,
xBoxLive: TheRiTTZer sQoshyRiTTZ sQoshyEpiqphail

#4 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:16 PM

I have always felt that Refing both made me a better player and increased my drive to play. How can you not watch a group pull off an amazing comback on their opponents...or see a percectly exicuted flanking manuver and not want to get in a game somewhere as soon as you can. And watching how players move, position and perform for the upright and highly visible position as a REF really gives you insight you cannot get hunkered in a bunker or a bush.

As for cutting into your play time, if you only play weekends and have to swap some play time for Ref time and you use the Ref time to actually pay attention to the play, you lose nothing.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#5 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

As long as you're not a full time ref, it doesn't take much time away from playing. I think that it is good to ref, helps you understand the sport better and the things that go into it. As far as burning you out? No, but you might get burned out on reffing eventually, as I did, but I've kind of gotten back into it again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users