• You cannot reply to this topic

Longbow Stock Mod Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cheese_6969 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:POTATOHEAD

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hey guys, i've had my Tac One Longbow for a a few years now, and the thing that has bothered me for the longest time is, the stock is TOO short for my liking, has anybody modded their stock to make it longer, or fitted a new one on? if so, a step by step process would be nice.

#2 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

I would get some metal rod or tubing the same diameter as the stock tubes and cut/bend them to the size you need. The tubes come out of the T2W stock with set-screws.
"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

I've modded mine, but on my A-5. Doing the spacer block like sc mentioned would be the easiest thing to do gain extra length, the only issue being able to find the right bolt length to replace the stock one.

Also as sc wrote, new tubes is an option, although more costly & difficult depending on the amount of detail you try to repeat. The bottom tube is hollow, as I'm sure you know, & is held in by set screws. The top tube however is a solid piece of alum. w/ threaded holes at each end for attachment. You'd have to drill & tap those (if you have the means) or have a machine shop do it. That's assuming you have the all alum. version they used to sell, which I'm guessing you do since you've had it for a few years.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   cheese_6969 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:POTATOHEAD

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

So i ended up playing around with the stock, pulling it apart, (i had done so before, but not into detail like i did this time) and yes, the top one does screw out, which i didn't realize. but the bottom one isn't set screws, its only held in place from the top one being put together, i may just say nuts to the bottom one, as it isn't that important anywho (i run air through) and that way it takes a little bit of weight off, but i can still extend the top one. but deciding upon which would be better, the spacers, or the whole new rod. either is possible, but $$$ is a factor.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users