• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PM5 tech?

#1 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

I had a thread up a while ago about a PM5 I bought recently.

It has a few problems and I don't really have the time to diagnose and fix them all but I really want to use it.

So does anyone know if I can send it in to Proto to have it tech'ed and ready to go?
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#2 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

Phones were invented for a reason, call and ask.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#3 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 15 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

They don't have people answering the phones at 12:15, thanks for treating me like an idiot and completely not helping at all though.

#4 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

Do you need to know the answer at this exact time? Just call them in the morning? Thanks for being completely irrational.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#5 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 15 2009, 01:45 AM, said:

Do you need to know the answer at this exact time? Just call them in the morning? Thanks for being completely irrational.

Well I posted looking for an answer to my question as is the point of my thread. So I believe you were being irrational and trolling by giving me an answer like just call because that wasn't what I was asking, I checked the site for the number and I wanted to know if anyone knew of a tech or had use one.

If you don't want to answer or help out then don't come troll in my thread.

#6 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

I don't think anything I've said was irrational at all, nor did I troll.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I gave you advice. I didn't say it in the nicest of ways, but it is advice. Plus, why should everyone else do the work for you? I'm sure you could find the answer if you googled it, and google works 24/7. Why not just find the answer yourself? Don't be angry at me because you're to lazy to find out the information you need yourself.
Posted Image
Flickr

#7 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 15 2009, 02:13 AM, said:

I don't think anything I've said was irrational at all, nor did I troll.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I gave you advice. I didn't say it in the nicest of ways, but it is advice. Plus, why should everyone else do the work for you? I'm sure you could find the answer if you googled it, and google works 24/7. Why not just find the answer yourself? Don't be angry at me because you're to lazy to find out the information you need yourself.

I'm not being lazy I simply wanted the information of someone who has dealt with proto or a PM tech before.

I know very well that I can find info myself online but I want the information from a Specops member, hence I asked on this particular forum about said question.

I find nothing lazy about that I am just collecting information and this happens to be one of my more trusted sources.

#8 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

Umm, there gun techs are better than the rest of their customer service. If you don't get through the first time just call them again every five minutes.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#9 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Aug 15 2009, 02:16 AM, said:

I'm not being lazy I simply wanted the information of someone who has dealt with proto or a PM tech before.

I know very well that I can find info myself online but I want the information from a Specops member, hence I asked on this particular forum about said question.

I find nothing lazy about that I am just collecting information and this happens to be one of my more trusted sources.

What difference does it make if the information comes from a member on this site?

I think its 100% laziness if you know that you can find the answer yourself, but do not even try, and instead post on a site like this, asking others to give you the answer.
Posted Image
Flickr

#10 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

Yes you can have your marker serviced by Dye. You must call them and get a Repair Number from them before shipping. Dye USA: (858) 536-5183

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 15 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 15 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

View Postsipbgod94, on Aug 15 2009, 02:16 AM, said:

What difference does it make if the information comes from a member on this site?

I think its 100% laziness if you know that you can find the answer yourself, but do not even try, and instead post on a site like this, asking others to give you the answer.

Enough trolling.

#11 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

Just to pop in a good word, Dye serviced my DM5 I used to have (before I decided that the 25 min. drive to get HPA filled wasn't worth it) and they had it back, working, and in my hands in 5 days...No joke. And that's 2-3 day Priority mail both ways.

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Dye will fix your marker for you, but it will cost a pretty penny. I had a DM5 that needed major work. For example, it needed a new solenoid, and new eyes, then little stuff. They said that it would cost around $150 for the repairs.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#13 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Aug 16 2009, 01:18 AM, said:

Dye will fix your marker for you, but it will cost a pretty penny. I had a DM5 that needed major work. For example, it needed a new solenoid, and new eyes, then little stuff. They said that it would cost around $150 for the repairs.

ehh I could fix the stuff myself for much cheaper then, It's just going to take much longer because of my lack of free time.

but thanks for the response Flo

#14 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Aug 15 2009, 09:45 PM, said:

Enough trolling.

Twas not really trolling. Not saying things in the nicest possible way, isn't trolling. Just the way that trash talking on xbox live isn't cyber bullying (god I hate that term... I've heard people actually try and say that trashtalking in games is...)

Just to let you know sipbgod94, the high cost of his repairs were likely because of the new solenoid required (those are generally expensive), and new eyes etc. Buy yourself an o-ring kit, get a full tank of air, and call dye. I'm sure they'll help you fix it over the phone, and if thats not possible, I doubt repair would be that costly. Might as well give them a call and see how much they'd charge you.
Posted Image
Flickr

#15 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 16 2009, 01:51 AM, said:

View Postslinkyaroo, on Aug 15 2009, 09:45 PM, said:

Enough trolling.

Twas not really trolling. Not saying things in the nicest possible way, isn't trolling. Just the way that trash talking on xbox live isn't cyber bullying (god I hate that term... I've heard people actually try and say that trashtalking in games is...)

Just to let you know sipbgod94, the high cost of his repairs were likely because of the new solenoid required (those are generally expensive), and new eyes etc. Buy yourself an o-ring kit, get a full tank of air, and call dye. I'm sure they'll help you fix it over the phone, and if thats not possible, I doubt repair would be that costly. Might as well give them a call and see how much they'd charge you.

It's not that I can't fix it myself or don't understand any part of the process (well the eyes could be tricky) but I had heard that people would send out their Ego's to PE to get them fine-tuned, a quick fix and maybe some fresh new hardware and the sort. Since the marker is from 05 and is around 4 years old now I would have liked to have something of the sort done to it, to errr freshen it up.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users