Special Ops Paintball: My FPS Videos - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My FPS Videos A list of the video smackdown Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 16-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

So I'll post and update the following list of videos as I get them online. They are ordered most recent to first as I update this thread, so check the top of the list.

For now the marker I'm using is detailed here:
Tac-One w/ Longbow/qloader mods + more

FPS - 01 - Paintball Jungle; 2.17.08
----------------------------------------
Another day at Paintball Jungle. This is my home field more or less, except I wished it was BYOP (only gripe). I'm using my Tac-One w/ longbow/qloader mods, Deadly Wind barrel, EO-Tech 551 sight (though it just ran out of batteries). In this game I ran w/ the right flank from Fort Dave to Airplane Bunker. At 1st I wasn't point, but I took it right after the corner of the speed ball fields. 3 gogs + 1 ghost flank shot. I almost got taken out as point, but hit the ground quick enough to avoid elim. Overall my best game of the day.

Here is a map of the route I took through the field:
Posted Image

FPS - 0 - Blackcat Farewell 2007; and another post here...
----------------------------------------
This is my first FPS video with a helmet camera mounted while out paintballing. I was quite glad to get an invite to the limited Blackcat year end game at Fort Ord near Monterey in CA. What a great field and even better folks attending that made the weekend fantastic. Props to Ballcrackers, Gridlock, OCMI, Clowns, 702 Recon, and everyone else I hung out with.. See you in January!

This post has been edited by CatharsisEGR: 18 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

0

#2 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

  • Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,064
  • Joined: 15-November 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USAF Academy, CO

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

Cool. Missing just one thing though: music.
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.
0

#3 User is offline   The Shepherd 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,083
  • Joined: 11-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

Wow, you guys actually had an urban enviroment. What was it like playing that?
0

#4 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

  • dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,347
  • Joined: 11-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Statesville North Carolina
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

i remember your first video and was waiting for another. Good job on both of them.

How tall are you? I am about 6' 4 and i noticed you were more or less towering over people.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback
0

#5 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 16-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

Texas Trigger:
>Cool. Missing just one thing though: music.

Indeed.. I'll play around a bit with mixing both recorded audio and some music in the future. This time I got my mic fixed. I'll probably use a track of mine in the next video. I might get some good footage of the next two TAW scenarios (St Val Massacre & Red Dawn).

The Shepherd:
>Wow, you guys actually had an urban enviroment. What was it like playing that?

In respect to FPS 0 it was a lot of fun especially since you could go up to the 2nd floor. The buildings were setup in a regular pattern though, so there are a lot of right angles to work around.
Another urban field that I'll be playing on soon and hope to catch some video of is the one at Travis AFB in Fairfield, CA. That one is a small residential neighborhood with so many hiding places and odd angles. So hopefully I get that up mid march. If things work out I'll have a higher resolution recorder by then as well and will get 720X480 instead of 320X240 which will make a huge difference in quality.

SOLIDUS SNAKE:
>i remember your first video and was waiting for another. Good job on both of them.
>How tall are you? I am about 6' 4 and i noticed you were more or less towering over people.

Thanks.. I'm 6'2", so yeah.. I was noticing that as well on playback/editing! :unsure:
0

#6 User is offline   ARCHSHOOTER 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 113
  • Joined: 13-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:barnum,mn
  • Brigade Name:ARCHSHOOTER

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

that really makes me miss summer. right now there is about two ft of new and old snow on the ground and i am dying to play paintball.
"guns kill people like spoons made rosie o'donel fat"
facebook addict. please contact me on facebook if you have one.
christian paintballer
Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
0

#7 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

Cool vid EGR and if youre gonna record the Red Dawn Game next month, youre better off getting on the field with an Orange Vest and go in as a Camera Man, because if youre gonna do both, its not going to be that simple compared to your PBJ vid and you also already know how intense everyone plays at that the TAW Games.

See ya at Red Dawn bro.
0

#8 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 16-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 18 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

Cool vid EGR and if youre gonna record the Red Dawn Game next month, youre better off getting on the field with an Orange Vest and go in as a Camera Man, because if youre gonna do both, its not going to be that simple compared to your PBJ vid and you also already know how intense everyone plays at that the TAW Games.
See ya at Red Dawn bro.


Aww.. You're silly EF.. The camera is attached to my mask.. No need for orange vests and what not... I also raise the intensity at TAW games and can't wait to capture it at a Travis game as it's my favorite field right now. Unlike most folks with their fancy electros I avoid 50/50 fire fights with dug in positions as their are so many options to flank at Travis. If someone is roping balls at me I'll just flank around the next house or any other odd angled approach and get right up on them. That or if they are within 50' to 75' (across a street, etc) I'll have a teammate send a rope and I'll run up on their position. Since it's instant reinsertion I risk a lot more, but the gains are equally as great if not more most of the time. Heh.. Even when they are not it'll be good up and close footage. With my camera pointed at you either way I'll make you famous... ;P
0

#9 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

View PostCatharsisEGR, on Feb 19 2008, 08:57 AM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 18 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

Cool vid EGR and if youre gonna record the Red Dawn Game next month, youre better off getting on the field with an Orange Vest and go in as a Camera Man, because if youre gonna do both, its not going to be that simple compared to your PBJ vid and you also already know how intense everyone plays at that the TAW Games.
See ya at Red Dawn bro.


Aww.. You're silly EF.. The camera is attached to my mask.. No need for orange vests and what not... I also raise the intensity at TAW games and can't wait to capture it at a Travis game as it's my favorite field right now. Unlike most folks with their fancy electros I avoid 50/50 fire fights with dug in positions as their are so many options to flank at Travis. If someone is roping balls at me I'll just flank around the next house or any other odd angled approach and get right up on them. That or if they are within 50' to 75' (across a street, etc) I'll have a teammate send a rope and I'll run up on their position. Since it's instant reinsertion I risk a lot more, but the gains are equally as great if not more most of the time. Heh.. Even when they are not it'll be good up and close footage. With my camera pointed at you either way I'll make you famous... ;P

Actually wearing an Orange Vest is more useful than not wearing one, you can actually take shots of the OpFor without getting hit...meaning everyone can view your video from both sides of the field instead of being on one side....think about it and you'll see what I mean and Im sure everyone here would like to see a Video like that.

As for making me Famous...oh Palease, Im Famous in my own way and it doesnt involve paintball at all, bring you and your lady to the Club I work at in SF on the weekends.
0

#10 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 16-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 19 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

Actually wearing an Orange Vest is more useful than not wearing one, you can actually take shots of the OpFor without getting hit...meaning everyone can view your video from both sides of the field instead of being on one side....think about it and you'll see what I mean and Im sure everyone here would like to see a Video like that.


That would be neat, but it's not always true that you won't get hit as a camera man... err.. I accidentally hit a camera man last Travis game in an orange vest in the err... non sunshine parts... err.. who happened to be intermingled with a 4-5 large group of opfor that was tracking a teammate and myself down. At that point we were being hunted and just had our CP over ran and they were going for a full flag capture and we had one maybe two remaining. We retreated to our last known flag station and I told the teammate to keep their attention and then I pulled one of those flanking moves and well.. dang.. I came out 15-20ft away from them and got 4 of the 5 and a camera man. if you are a camera man don't stand in the middle of a group of players that are on the attack.. It's best to stay at least 50 feet away, so someone in rapid target acquisition in the heat of things doesn't jump 5' to the next "player".

I did apologize profusely.. :ghillie:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 19 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

As for making me Famous...oh Palease, Im Famous in my own way and it doesnt involve paintball at all, bring you and your lady to the Club I work at in SF on the weekends.


Dizamm.. I just might... Which one?
0

#11 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:52 PM

View PostCatharsisEGR, on Feb 19 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 19 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

Actually wearing an Orange Vest is more useful than not wearing one, you can actually take shots of the OpFor without getting hit...meaning everyone can view your video from both sides of the field instead of being on one side....think about it and you'll see what I mean and Im sure everyone here would like to see a Video like that.


That would be neat, but it's not always true that you won't get hit as a camera man... err.. I accidentally hit a camera man last Travis game in an orange vest in the err... non sunshine parts... err.. who happened to be intermingled with a 4-5 large group of opfor that was tracking a teammate and myself down. At that point we were being hunted and just had our CP over ran and they were going for a full flag capture and we had one maybe two remaining. We retreated to our last known flag station and I told the teammate to keep their attention and then I pulled one of those flanking moves and well.. dang.. I came out 15-20ft away from them and got 4 of the 5 and a camera man. if you are a camera man don't stand in the middle of a group of players that are on the attack.. It's best to stay at least 50 feet away, so someone in rapid target acquisition in the heat of things doesn't jump 5' to the next "player".

I did apologize profusely.. :(

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 19 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

As for making me Famous...oh Palease, Im Famous in my own way and it doesnt involve paintball at all, bring you and your lady to the Club I work at in SF on the weekends.


Dizamm.. I just might... Which one?

Thats what I mean by not staying on One Side....walk around freely to both sides during the Fire Fights, because the Orange Vest is the same Color as what the Refs wear and most of those that have played in the TAW Games knows not to shoots at the Refs regardless where theyre standing and its the same way with the PB2X Editor that comes to the games and he wears an Bright Orange Vest while on the field as well.
0

#12 User is offline   Alix Primus 

  • Poop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 272
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Brigade Name:ALIX POOP

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

I'll check it out later. I love these videos.
0

#13 User is online   The Stuntman 

  • I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 2,722
  • Joined: 06-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Cruz CA
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

Great videos, man.
Its cool to see someone else filming at the Jungle too - try following Eli (the field's resident camera guy) for a while. I swear, he gets hit more when he's filming than he does when playing!
I had to laugh when I saw you'd posted the map with your route on it...I knew right where you were from the second the clip started, & the head-cam style filming gave me a wierd sense of deja-vu. :ninja: The classic Dave-to-Airplane "right hook" run ...
Well done.
0

#14 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 16-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:56 AM

>The classic Dave-to-Airplane "right hook" run ...

Heh.. Yeah.. The right hook or the left hook coming from Airplane is crucial to anchoring those games. Whoever gets that corner 1st controls the push into opfor territory. There is a reason the beeswax game is Airplane to Dave... Though I've been getting closer to finding a counter by getting a group to split off and take the road around Hornets then sweep in.. I guess that only works if there is enough hornet hunters like last Sunday. Come on Stuntman hunt the hornets... give up that legacy.. ;P When are you and Mr. C going to make it out to PBJ next?
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users