Special Ops Paintball: How to approach people in my group to beef up safety? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to approach people in my group to beef up safety?

#1 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

We always go over the rules at the start of the day, and barrel plugs/socks on at all times when not playing. I saw a lot of my friends leaving their guns just sitting without one. We also need a chrono, but I'm ordering one, so that's not an issue.

But they are getting lax on safety, and I know someone can lose an eye. Should I just start getting on em when they don't put their plugs/socks on, or what?
Christian paintballer for life!

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.

#2 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

Definitely.

Some people seem top think it sounds geeky when you talk about safety, but nothing is really as important once you have been shot in the hand from less than an inch away. Always make sure that EVERYONE has their barrel sock/plug in, and their marker on safety/switched off. Also, make sure everyone is careful about leaving their mask on while out on the field.

#3 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

I've gotten a bare hand shot, 10 yards away, from a gun that we later found was shooting at 385. Leaving our mask on isn't a problem, but they take their masks off in the dead zone, and a game is still going. Its a ways away, but a stray paintball could find itself over there. I'm always careful about safety-they aren't. I think I'm going to have a talk with em.
Christian paintballer for life!

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.

#4 User is offline   Arn 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Arn

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:46 AM

You don't have to get them all together and have a big "saftey talk." That probably wouldn't help the ones that are having trouble. When you are in the dead zone just make sure that you point it out. A casual please put your barrel plug in goes a long way.
Avatar by http://icontexto.blogspot.com Bruno Maia

#5 User is offline   CaffineAddict 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CaffineAddict

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

if they arn't listening to the saftey stuff, you need to start yelling, obviously they are having trouble hearing you.

Once that dosn't work, take them by the collar, drag them so that you are nose to nose to them, remind them that you have warned them repeatedly in the past and tell them that if you see their stuff w/o the appropriate safty equipment again you are going to throw rocks at them, and that the rocks are going to get progressivly bigger the more times they forget.

Eventually they will remember, or they will quit playing with you, or you will stone them to death. Either way the problem goes away.

CaffineAddict
Team OMHW
Come vist my blog at www.SeattlePaintball.blogspot.com

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

Yea know what the best thing to do when somebody forgets about the whole safty thing pick up that marker and gentily lay it down in the trash can.
speak loadly and clearly and say something along the lines of " If somebody doesnt care about MY safty then who gives A ___ about THIER paintball gun!"
for me and my buddies they know to put thier BBD's on ( Barrel Blocking Device ) or thier markers goin in the trash. I'v done it many times and I dont look forward about doing to somebody. but if I have to, I will
If worst comes to worse I show them my fist. and then they see that my finger is permanitly bruised to the bone. they get the point after that for the most part

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 16 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

#7 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:38 PM

The best way is probably just a friendly one on one thing where you just say hey dude you should probably put on you barrel sleeve eh? (oh teh noes eh alert!) If that doesn't work then maybe and people aren't doing it then you should probably get them all together and talk to them and come up with some rules about it. Most people woud probably do it more often if the issue was addressed and brought to their attention. After that just don't play with them, if they aren't being safe don't invite them out. Who knows maybe they'll get a clue. Probably not though.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:50 AM

shoot a raw egg from 25 feet and ask them if they'd like that to be their eye.....
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#9 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

Just be direct about it, but polite. A simple "hey guys, I dont mean to sound lame or anything, but can we please all work on keeping our BBDs in? I kinda like my eyeballs...Thanks!" said with a smile will usually get results.

#10 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:12 AM

stuntman...when the others start the "yeah...yeah..." and walk away...then what?

I like my approach better.

visuals do wonders especially when coupled with a tirade. Blasted egg and a fuming rant about "who the !!!! wants that to be their eye?!?!?!?"

Don't go easy on them...make them understand that this is no joke. If they don't comply, don't let them play (don't call or invite them) anymore.....
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

Our local field Is Extreamly strict on saftey. but then again its for the better eh. But yes druid I agree with you visual wonders go great aiding the profanic words.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users