Special Ops Paintball: The Beat All Advice about Sniper Equipment - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Beat All Advice about Sniper Equipment Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#31 User is offline   spiritx73 

• SNIPER TIME
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:spiritx73

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

i guess its true the gun makes teh sniper but i baught a long bow and its is amazing

IPB Image

#32 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

View PostDream of Nullification, on Mar 20 2006, 02:52 PM, said:

I think tyger puts it best "you are not a sniper. its not sniping but it is something close to it"

aiming isnt really a hard skill to master really, any moron can sight in a pointsight and pull the trigger or even sight down the barrel

IMO the hardest skill for most "snipers" to master is WHEN to pull the trigger and also how/when to move so they are not discovered, these are usualy the two biggest flaws of snipers they let there adraline overrun them and they spring there trap too soon or they move in such a way they get found out. want to play sniper, eat the dirt

Hey D.O.N. You should do a poll to see how many people actually read your posts. With your flashy light thing, I haven't read one yet. :) I just pass them by rather than get irritated by your psycho lights. :dry: B)

#33 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:52 PM

Hey, D.O.N. Your repellent works!

#34 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:58 AM

Short section on the Ion added. Check it out.

#35 User is offline   SNIPER DULIN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DULIN

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

Nice article first off Headshot. you get across the important points. sniper makrers however, need to be geared for 3 things above all....1) stealth, concealment and quietness 2) aaccuracy and 3) lightness, in that order. Anyone setting up a new marker.....take my advice.....if your going to buy a red dot, don't get the one that has the most settings, don't get the one with the highest price....get the lightest, most durable one. My red dot is nice, but WAY too heavy for hauling butt at the break. In reality...I think the difference in accuracy with red dots is hardly noticable.

Also, In anyway you can, try and get rid of your hopper....not only does it make sighting easier, it makes your gun stealthier and (often) lighter. I use a Tac-Cap for my a-5, which keeps it low, light, and still gives a decent amount (30) rounds. I can't count how many times I've had my cover blown because someone saw my big hopper poking up. If you don't have a tippmann with a cyclone...try a q-loader, or if the money is avalible, the best option is the longbow.

That's just my two cents I couldn't resist adding. Great article though, and thanks. The better you understand what paintball sniper markers need to be built for, the better you can make yours... :(

#36 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Lol your red dot sight weighs too much? :laugh: I'm not even going to ask...

#37 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

Just wanted to throw this in here, ghillie is great if you have the money, but if you're looking to go a little cheaper I've found that a MARPAT BDU is great camoflouge! It's not as specific as ghillie weed, so it works great in all woodland environments. Although, you will have to rely on your own skills to disappear into the terrain.

As for the red dot sights, I picked up an ADCO Red Dot Sight for about $30. It has two different intensities for bright daylight and night games, it has a very low profile, it's easy enough to adjust, and it's durable.

This post has been edited by AnEchoSoldier: 19 June 2007 - 02:24 PM

"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#38 User is offline   Magus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Magus

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

My .02 on red dots...

I started out with a 4 MOA NCstar. Not knowing much about "MOA" at the time I found that this tiny dot was very difficult to pick up in bright light...even at its brightest setting (#7).

I traded it in on a BSA instead. A 5 MOA that gets plenty bright at its highest setting.

Hopefully someone will be able to save some $ on my mistake.

#39 User is offline   SNIPER DULIN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DULIN

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

hahahahaha......... lol, ya, that probubly sounds stupid and overeacting headshot, but the bottom line is to just go for the lightest gear you can. My red dot is a Tasco model with 11 brightness settings, and I can always get good viewing, even in daylight at setting 6. You can definatly tell a huge difference in weight on the marker, compared with other sights. I mean, I'm 14 years old and the skinnest white kid on the block......so I shave off weight in anyway possible, at least at sniper position........

#40 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

View PostKönig, on May 20 2006, 02:03 PM, said:

I also agree that intimidating your opponents before a game really helps. I am about six foot three inches tall, I am very well built, but when I put on my cammoes and harness I look extremely huge, I've had people tell me so, and I dont get a bunch of little noobs coming up to me anymore, they probably think that I might step on them.

I'm only about 5'7" and I can still intimidate people. I don't wear any bulky equipment, either. Actually, I don't usually even take extra paint with me when I'm sniping. Just me and my BT.

Best way to intimidate the other team before a game is to walk tall before the game and act like you're checking your gun over, then when you have to walk on to the field shrink down to a low profile and disappear into a bush. Before they even start the game, I mean.
"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#41 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

• ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

:ghillie: True :ghillie:

#42 User is offline   Red Merc N 

• Matrix Man
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

Hmm,

High quality paint is the best upgrade you can put in your gun. DXS gold (Hellfire) is the best paint you can buy, as it is as perfectly round as a paintball can get, the shell is brittle, and the fill is very good at marking. If you're going to play as a true sniper, you need the best paint you can get your hands on. After all, you're not going to be shooting a ton of paint anyhow.

Barrel to paint match is important, but make sure it's not too tight either.

Dye Ultralites are really good in my experience as far as barrels go. Get a really good regulator on your gun too. This will add consistency to the shots.

Seriously though, get some Hellfire. In a really accurate gun like a Matrix or Shocker Hellfire will land ball on ball.

Also, get full auto if you're going to ambush (or atleast ramping) If you miss with the first burst you lost the element of suprise

Check the blog (Link in sig) to see pictures of my Ambush sniper rig.

This post has been edited by Red Merc N: 09 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

#43 User is offline   Spartan 0117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 0117

Post icon  Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:33 PM

View PostAnEchoSoldier, on Jun 24 2007, 10:57 AM, said:

View PostKönig, on May 20 2006, 02:03 PM, said:

I also agree that intimidating your opponents before a game really helps. I am about six foot three inches tall, I am very well built, but when I put on my cammoes and harness I look extremely huge, I've had people tell me so, and I dont get a bunch of little noobs coming up to me anymore, they probably think that I might step on them.

I'm only about 5'7" and I can still intimidate people. I don't wear any bulky equipment, either. Actually, I don't usually even take extra paint with me when I'm sniping. Just me and my BT.

Best way to intimidate the other team before a game is to walk tall before the game and act like you're checking your gun over, then when you have to walk on to the field shrink down to a low profile and disappear into a bush. Before they even start the game, I mean.

well i'nm 14 and i'm 6'1 and people get intimatdated by my size my accuracy, the lens i have on my goggles that makes it seem that i have spawns eyes ,and most important my skill in being able to disappear and taking one shot to kill

#44 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

View PostHeadshotjester, on Sep 23 2005, 01:41 PM, said:

As most experienced snipers know, the gun doesn't make the sniper, but the mindset as Repins says. Although accuracy and quietness are great key factors of a sniper's paintgun it will not make the sniper. But also remember the gun is only as good as the person holding it. I know even though I tell you this you are still going to be asking the this forum what the perfect setup is. The perfect setup for each sniper is whatever gun suits them best. Preferably one that they like. So here are a few setups in my opinion that are cheap and efficient gving you the most bang for your buck.

For the 98custom/Model98 you don't have as many cool looking mods as the A-5 which can help you since you don't get distracted by them and waste your money. IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) this would be the most efficent setup for the Model 98 Custom

Stock of your choice for stability-Preferably Collapsible or Folding due to inexpensiveness yet sturdy.

Quiet and accurate barrel- The JJ Ceramic are very very quiet and accurate and only 35 bucks. The Stiffi is a little quieter and a little more accurate than the JJ, but you pay 50-65 dollars more for it. By far the most accurate barrels would be kits or barrels with back pieces to match barrel bore to paint bore perfectly which is your most important factor of accuracy. With great accuracy comes great cost... The JJ Edge Kit is an awesome barrel kit for only $80. It comes with 3 fronts and 5 backs. I would buy one of the two depending on your money issue.

Red Dot Sight- Any red dot sight will do as long as it has a brightness adjuster. Also you don't want a zoom scope due to the fact that your shots won't go much farther than your line of vision in the woods. $20-$40

An Offset or Raised sight rail due to the fact that while wearing your mask you can't get your face low enough to use your red dot sight. $30-$50

Rocket Cock II- This covers your bolt in which you cock the marker with and greatly decreases mechanical noise and the risk of dirt getting in the marker's chamber. Plus it's only $20.

Remote Line- A remote line will free up your gun of that heavy burden of a huge tank.

For the A-5 all the same parts are necissary except the Rocket Cock II because sadly they don't make them for the A-5... But the A-5 does have the A5A-2 grip which is a horizontal comfortable grip in place of that unnatural vertical grip. This helps with the ergonomics or the quickness you naturally draw a bead on your target. You can always custom make one for your 98 though by searching for "98 sniper" under Sniper Mods.

Now with the Blackcell and the Ion, a quieter and higher performing marker can be used for cheap. The Ion will most likely be more expensive than the Tippmann setup because it requires compressed air or anti-siphoned C02 as well as a fast feeding hopper. Whether you choose the Blackcell Longbow Magwell and clips, a force feeding hopper like a Halo, or a Q-loader, it will be in the ballpark of $100 for your hopper setup. Now you have two choices, either one being perfectly fine. you can leave the tank on the gun and not buy the Blackcell which is what I chose ebcause its cheap and it works awesome for me. Or you can buy the Blackcell body, a stock, a red dot sight, and all that. Its all preference and your going to need to figure out what your's is.

Oh I almost forgot! You need some camo. Get a ghillie if you got the moolah otherwise a longsleeve hunters camo shirt and pants will suffice. Keep it cheap and simple. The enemie's eye isn't going to care that your ghillie cost you $200 and that it has this feature and that. Just make one that has the same coloring as your environment, breaks up your form, and most importantly, can accept natural vegataion via netting or clips.

That would be the key setup for you new snipers on a budget.

Also the reason I do not list advanced add-ons which are definetly helpful such as HPA or an Expansion Chamber is because once you are ready to upgrade you will already know if you need one or not due to you gaining experience. HPA is definetly a good idea, but you may not like it for some odd reason. one thing to remember is generally, size for size, C02 tanks hold more. So that's a major factor if you play outlaw. Also C02 tanks are a lot cheaper.

word...that just helped me out alot. ive been sniper for a while and i totally agree and thanks for finally putting out the fact that snipers dont need the fanciness.
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#45 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

some of my advice with ghillie problems. if you have plenty of Camo BDUs lyin around, or any shirts and pants you like to use for paintball, you could cut old towels rags any thing that could go in strips and sew and tie these into your mask, shirts, pants gun. anything you need. If you cannot afford action ghillie or the high class ghillies, this would be good. im 14 and started doing this so anyone with a job this should be easy. another plus with it is it gives you full mobility, and frees up you space for your vest, and any other gear you carrry. what i did with my vents avatar mask was take a army surplus ghillie helmet cover and cut off long peices and stuck them through the vents and any other holes. it did make my mask fog up so i wouldnt worry about that. :P
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users