Miss Catshack 2010 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:bpoydence

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

View PostLegato, on May 13 2010, 02:27 AM, said:

While i am glad your friend plays PB and won awards...this contest does not take that into account. There is no listing of her awards or honors. Just a picture. This contest doesn't rate paintball skill, winning streaks, stats, or anything related to PB...it is purely to rate looks. She could play World of Warcraft only and still win without ever having played PB... Sure it would be nice if the chic played PB, but she doesn't have to. While i am sure you could try to rate one on her intelligence, or paintball skill...it is kinda hard to ascertain that from a picture alone...usually you just go by looks at that point. :facepalm:

As to getting accolade for her and her team...i guess that depends on who you ask. Most guys that look at her aren't going to go "Oh i want to play paintball with her on my team or play with her team" they are thinking something far more dirty about her and her alone. :pirate: And her team has nothing to do with it.

Valid points. Though some of the things she has done WITH our team makes people want to play on our side, admittedly I don't care either way though, I play to win games, She helps tremendously with that!
Captain of Total Resistance

#17 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

being female can get us special awards? This is silly at least in my opinoin, ecspecially because its going to be a beauty contest more than anything else...even if it was a best female player award that was a contest of skill, like a local field hosting a contest. That would be cool, but this would be no fun....
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#18 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Well, if it was a contest of skill, it would just be a contest to see who would get 2nd place after Brittany Wagoner takes 1st.
That girl tears it up.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#19 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Catshack posted on MCB they are going to make including a Bio with each pic a requirement. Now i don't have as much of an issue with this. Thank you Tom. :laugh:

View Postbpoydence, on May 13 2010, 04:48 PM, said:

Valid points. Though some of the things she has done WITH our team makes people want to play on our side, admittedly I don't care either way though, I play to win games, She helps tremendously with that!

I am not trying to take away from her accomplishments. I am happy to see that she did all that, that rocks. Was just saying.

View PostIrishMack, on May 13 2010, 04:54 PM, said:

being female can get us special awards? This is silly at least in my opinoin, ecspecially because its going to be a beauty contest more than anything else...even if it was a best female player award that was a contest of skill, like a local field hosting a contest. That would be cool, but this would be no fun....

:D

View PostPirate, on May 13 2010, 11:10 PM, said:

Well, if it was a contest of skill, it would just be a contest to see who would get 2nd place after Brittany Wagoner takes 1st.
That girl tears it up.

I haven't had a chance to see her play but i have heard she is damn good.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#20 User is offline   THE Biscuit 

• "...The snozberries taste like snozberries..."
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

View Posttwisted ion, on May 13 2010, 10:45 AM, said:

The contest is for 18+ girls only

Paul, you might want to check the age rule again. It clearly states on the Catshack page the contest minimum age is 16. If minimum age is truly 18, then one or more of the contestants would therefore be disqualified.
"So I'm sorry, but there are some noobs that are just more fun than a barrel of monkeys." -Snatch_Patcherson

#21 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

The age requirement was recently lowered to 16+

#22 User is offline   twisted ion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

View PostKrazy8, on May 14 2010, 06:16 PM, said:

The age requirement was recently lowered to 16+

It is now 16 and up.
Posted Image
www.dmeyerspb.com

#23 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

...so Brittany can win.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#24 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:26 PM

I posted my views over on MCB, figured I'd post them here... gonna try to avoid a flamefest though.

I don't have a problem with Tom/Catshack at all. However, I have discussed this contest with him before and am dissapointed that more changes were not made this year.

I do not see the harm in not only asking for bios, but posting them along with the contestants. I want to know what a girl has done for the sport- if anything. I don't really care what she looks like.

I also think that in-game pictures would go a lot further than the T&A that seems to be prevalent... I honestly don't care what you look like scantily clad, I want to know if you deserve a paintball-related prize. There are plenty of contests out there if you want to know if youre hotter than anyone else.

The second you start getting sexy pictures in, people start voting for the hotest girl rather than the one that actually deserves it. Which is fine, if thats what you want the contest to be... but you need to decide what message you want to be sending to your readers about what you value in girls.

Beyond that, if you decide that you want the contest to be a sexy one, I feel that allowing 16 year olds to compete is a bit... creepy. If it isn't a sexual contest, why are you allowing pictures that are sexual in nature, from anyone of any age?

While the option is there to pose in playing gear (and that is certainly what I would do if i choose to compete), and it is certainly an individual choice as to what picture is submitted, I am dissapointed to see the emphasis be on pictures rather than on actions.

#25 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Am I the only one who can't open the link? Comes up with page not found??

I can get to the section by going through the site, but the link in the first post doesn't work.

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 14 May 2010 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#26 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

Link wasn't working for me either man, I had to do the same thing you did to get there.

I like playing along side Total Resistance because of you Brian, Toni is just icing on the cake... jk. Seriously, the handful of times I've played w/ you guys she was definitely in the thick of it making a difference. She'll have my vote.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#27 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bpoydence

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:44 AM

View PostBecc, on May 15 2010, 12:26 AM, said:

Beyond that, if you decide that you want the contest to be a sexy one, I feel that allowing 16 year olds to compete is a bit... creepy. If it isn't a sexual contest, why are you allowing pictures that are sexual in nature, from anyone of any age?

I do agree with the 16 thing. I would much rather see 18 as the age, at least.

View Postger, on May 15 2010, 02:06 AM, said:

Link wasn't working for me either man, I had to do the same thing you did to get there.

I like playing along side Total Resistance because of you Brian, Toni is just icing on the cake... jk. Seriously, the handful of times I've played w/ you guys she was definitely in the thick of it making a difference. She'll have my vote.

Thanks Ger, maybe I should enter the contest. I do look awesome in a tube top! Ok, maybe awesome is the wrong word, maybe disgusting is the right one...
Captain of Total Resistance

#28 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

View PostIrishMack, on May 13 2010, 04:54 PM, said:

View PostBecc, on May 15 2010, 12:26 AM, said:

gonna try to avoid a flamefest
I do not see the harm in not only asking for bios, but posting them along with the contestants. I don't really care what she looks like.
The second you start getting sexy pictures in, people start voting for the hotest girl rather than the one that actually deserves it. Which is fine, if thats what you want the contest to be... but you need to decide what message you want to be sending to your readers about what you value in girls.

View Postbpoydence, on May 15 2010, 07:44 AM, said:

maybe I should enter the contest. I do look awesome in a tube top! Ok, maybe awesome is the wrong word, maybe disgusting is the right one...

well, if you have looked at the contestants on the site ( have you ? ), then you would quickly see that it is NOT a beauty contest ....

and we all know that the ONLY reason gurls play paintball is to meet dudes ... :wub:

let the flames begin ... :angry:

#29 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Hahaha...
Why am I not surprised to see a certain forum member on there :P

#30 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Repaired link.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic