• You cannot reply to this topic

play in the night Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

I made search in the forum but I didnt find topic about play in the night

my question is : can the people play paintball in night ?

#2 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

Done it quiet a few times and its growing in popularity at my outlaw field, it can get pretty creepy and everyone just kinda sits in a bush and listens due to mask fog usually being horrible at night, but it can be really fun if you use a glowstick as a flag or somtin. Just gotta use flashlight when necessary and take things slow so no one brakes an ankle.

#3 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

View PostWoods Bandit, on Jun 25 2010, 04:22 AM, said:

Done it quiet a few times and its growing in popularity at my outlaw field, it can get pretty creepy and everyone just kinda sits in a bush and listens due to mask fog usually being horrible at night, but it can be really fun if you use a glowstick as a flag or somtin. Just gotta use flashlight when necessary and take things slow so no one brakes an ankle.

thank you

#4 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:37 AM

Been to a couple of scenarios at night. A couple of them have had fireworks going off providing some light. It was a fun time.

#5 User is offline   The Baroness 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Baroness

Post icon  Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

View Postprettyearth, on Jun 25 2010, 03:41 AM, said:

My Team plays every Wed night and it is so much fun...makes you really get in tune with your other senses and it really helps you adjust to playing at night in the scenerio games...just make sure you have a good mask so u don't fog up, remember who your team mates are and just go have fun...in paintball the dark is our friend...no fear!!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
CONTRACTED MURDER, DEATH, KILLER
TEAM ON TARGET

#6 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:14 AM

View PostThe Baroness, on Jun 25 2010, 06:24 AM, said:

View Postprettyearth, on Jun 25 2010, 03:41 AM, said:

My Team plays every Wed night and it is so much fun...makes you really get in tune with your other senses and it really helps you adjust to playing at night in the scenerio games...just make sure you have a good mask so u don't fog up, remember who your team mates are and just go have fun...in paintball the dark is our friend...no fear!!

thank you so much

#7 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

I love night games. The TAW scenarios almost always include night play...sometimes going till midnight. It gives a chance for the hardcore milsim guys to bust out the night vision gear, infra red goggles & tac lights.
You have to be carefull not to trip & break a leg, but the challenge of playing in the dark is totally worth it.

#8 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

Night play honestly has to be some of my favorite!

The scenario games we play tend to always include a night game that plays as long as the players are willing. Almost evey one I have been at is done by midnight.

As mentioned it is a bit on the stressful side. Every twig snap, cough and scrape make you jump. Some folks shoot at shadow of bushes.
Opposing players can crawl right by each other and never know it.

The typical rule is that any impact counts as a hit during the night since you have a hard time seeing if a hit broke or not. Enforcing those rules really fall on the player and their personal integrity and honor though. Yes many will cheat and play on after a hit...that is night play. Barrel tagging is quite common and far more effective at actually getting player to call themselve out.

Nightvision has become almost common place now at night games. I have frinds who have completely removed the lens from a mask, built a custom lightwieght metal mount for their Gen3 head gear. Totally dedicated to night play only. They can see with uncanny clarity in the dark, couple that with the UV lazer sights and they down right tear the other team apart. But their weakness is tunnel vision...they tend to forget about what they walk by. Barrel tagging a nightvision user has to be the greatest feeling...especially when you are using NV gear yourself.

Everyone should try a night game. Most find that they get more enjoyment sitting around the campfire listening to the battle with a drink in hand....then there are those like me who want to be out there hunting the shadows.

#9 User is offline   dartdart786 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

I did my first real night game (more than two on two) last weekend and I really enjoyed it but most of the other people kept complaining it was dark =p so that kinda killed the mood. we all had glow sticks and pulled them out if we needed a medic but other than that kept them hidden, mask fog was really bad but i got some spray and carried it with me the second round and it helped a ton. only had to put more on once (make sure to carry a cloth to rub it on so you dont need to pull a mask off ) I'm working on setting some strobes up in my home field to go off when people go buy (using the motion detectors you see in houses with alarms) should be awesome when it all works =)

#10 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

My first night game was a part of my bachelor party. We went outlawing. It was too dark and none of us could see anything. It was hilarious.

My second game was at OK D-Day. It was AWESOME! Fireworks, parachute flares, glow in the dark paintballs, 3k players all shooting at the same time...INTENSE!
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#11 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

I love the night play for Viper events. You are almost guaranteed to play till midnight. As long as I don't run across a hard core guy with NVG's I can get close enough to their base to be a distraction. You just have to be careful and move slow.

#12 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

Glow in the dark paintballs?? No way!

#13 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

I don't know if they still make them, but a few years ago they were easy to find. Only thing is you needed a hopper with a black light to charge them so they would glow. I think they were called dark star or something like that.

#14 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on 15 July 2010 - 08:17 PM, said:

I don't know if they still make them, but a few years ago they were easy to find. Only thing is you needed a hopper with a black light to charge them so they would glow. I think they were called dark star or something like that.

Posted Image
Glow

#15 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:10 AM

After reading the article I now remember it was Dark Legion. I never really played around with the glow in the dark paintballs. The only time I do any night play is at FPO scenario games.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users