#1 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

Dangerous Power RAP ASA Review

http://www.dangerous...m/orig/raps.php

I bought this on/off at my local proshop a few months ago and if I remember correctly, I believe I paid $45 for the one I currently own. I wanted to wait to make a review after several days of using it and now that Iíve got 15 games in with this ASA, I will share my thoughts.

First, itís a binary component. It comes with a thin dove-tail rail thatís mounted on the marker. Within that rail is a small ball bearing. The ball bearing is moved by a grub screw and this is what tightens/loosens the ASA on the rail. If you remove the grub screw or loosen it too far IT WILL FALL OUT. This creates the need to take oneís time when assembling or removing the ASA because it can be lost.
The finish is superb. I bought it in dust black because it matches any marker I put it on. The finish is even all the way around the unit and I do not see any tool marks in the metal.

The gauge was already installed and comes with a matching black ring, black gauge face with white numbers/lines and goes to a total of 1200 psi, in 200 psi graduation marks. It is very easy to read, even on the move. Comparing the reading to the ones on my tanks, itís difficult to say with an exact confirmation that they read the same because of the nature of the psi graduations - but Iíll say that this gauge is to within 50 psi, the same reading as either gauge on my GuerrillaAir bottle Regs which are also relatively new.

Engagement and disengagement is accomplished by flipping a lever on the bottom of the unit. In the picture that you see it Ďopení in my hand, youíll see two silver dots; one on the lever and one on the body. These are magnets that hold the lever in place when itís closed and ďon.Ē They are pretty strong and there has been no issue with them holding onto each other. When you close the lever, it cantilevers the pin that depresses the valve pin on your tank. This is also the ASAís bleed system. When the markerís charged with air, flip the lever into its Ďopení direction to bleed the air from the system.

There are two air passage holes in the tank-mount and they provide plenty of air to my Mag with either a direct bottle mount or with a remote adapter plug. Iíve used both and there is no noticeable difference in performance of the unit or Mag.

To sum up my assessment, I really like this on/off and would like to get 2 more. Iíd mount one on my Stage 5 Ion (dust red is available) and another dust black on my other Mag.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by druid: 22 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#2 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

i was actually thinking about getting oe of these myself!! thanks for good review

i was actually thinking about getting oe of these myself!! thanks for good review
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

Nice review.

#4 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

That thing looks pretty nice and convenient... I'd be tempted to buy one, but my Borg came with a CP on/off, and that's good enough. Don't need to change it if it works fine.

Great review though.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

Was there really a need to bump this thread with just a picture of the same asa, and no actual usefulness?

#7 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

Its a better picture of the guage
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#8 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:34 AM

I have one on my Fusion and I'll agree with everything said in the review.

The ONLY issue I have is that you can't slowly air up the marker like you can with a knob. It's all or nothing, so when you're working on fixing a leak you use a lot more air.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users