Special Ops Paintball: Is this proper for the situation? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this proper for the situation? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Woodsballer4342 

• Noble Leader
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

I was wondering if you guys think I should buy this jersey. I am going to IoN 09 and wondering if this thing is too thick for a hot day of paintball.
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

Marauders aren't really that hot, IMO, so you should be fine.

#3 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

depends on what you plan wearing under it. if youre going straight jersey, its perfect. if you want like a tank or t under it, then go for something a lot 'cheaper' and cooler, with less material and coverage/padding, and more holes:
http://www.actionvil...om/029-134-0105
or
http://www.actionvil...om/029-393-0004

also, random hint. at things like ion 09, youre going to be seeing a ton more action in large groups. camo really isnt going to matter. generally,e veryone knows where you are. i just wouldnt get to stuck on that being a criteria if its specifically for this event. a black (or light colored for the sun issues) tshirt will do fine, and honestly id pack one just in case you get there and change your mind. obviously if you plan on wearing your jersey in the future and you need it for the way you play, then fine. but sometimes your best option is a wallmart tshirt, not the 80 dollar jersey

This post has been edited by Becc: 18 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

#4 User is offline   T-RAN 

• Brrr its cold in here, must be a T-RAN in the atmosphere
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-RAN

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

NO, I think this would be a great buy, i have one and surprisingly its not that hot at all, i even wear a tank or a t-shirt under it in the summer. Although the Ultralight pants are much nicer and breezier if you ever look at pants.

T-RAN
CCI Phantom Owner
Tippmann (A-5) Owner #8
Spyder MR owner #27
If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done! - {Sabre Motto}
Christian Paintballer

#5 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

I will give you a hint about ION. Wear another shirt underneath the jersey. Yes I know, it will be hot, but many people like to shoot hot, overshoot, and just be ignorant to many people. I had an incident with the tank last year. I was shot out by it, I stood up, had my marker and arms in the air. Well the tank decided that he was going to continue to shoot me. I had about 20 massive welts on my side and back. It ended up that the tank was shooting around 350 FPS.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#6 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

View PostFlorentine, on May 19 2009, 09:51 PM, said:

I will give you a hint about ION. Wear another shirt underneath the jersey. Yes I know, it will be hot, but many people like to shoot hot, overshoot, and just be ignorant to many people. I had an incident with the tank last year. I was shot out by it, I stood up, had my marker and arms in the air. Well the tank decided that he was going to continue to shoot me. I had about 20 massive welts on my side and back. It ended up that the tank was shooting around 350 FPS.

If they can't even manage the tanks without a major serious issue, why do people go to ION?
Member of Team Akkadian

#7 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

I've heard there is just rampant cheating all around. That's the reason why I don't go to ION.

#8 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

View PostTribs, on May 20 2009, 12:54 PM, said:

I've heard there is just rampant cheating all around. That's the reason why I don't go to ION.

A guy who mans the local Pev's store here in central MD on Fridays said he was part of the group that started IoN back when he worked at Skirmish. A few months ago we were talking scenarios and wanted to know if I had ever been up there. I told him all the things I've heard about IoN (Shooting hot, shooting rocks/marbles, hoppers shattering because of the hot/marble shooting, and the rest) and he said he had heard them too and can understand why I wouldn't want to make the drive up there for the game.

Oh, I know it's a VERY SMALL minority of people who do it. But there are enough that keep people, like me and others, away.

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostCiderbarrel, on May 20 2009, 12:54 PM, said:

Oh, I know it's a VERY SMALL minority of people who do it. But there are enough that keep people, like me and others, away.

very small minority * large, large population = significant group of people anyway.

For example, let's say out of 4000 people, only 5% of the people there were shooting hot. That's still 200 people cheating!

Let's be really kind, let's say it was half a percent. That's still 20 people. 20 people can easily ruin quite a few people's day, given a game like ION.

With the stories I hear, sounds like a lot of "milder" cheating (wiping, playing on) with a moderate amount of "moderate" cheating (shooting hot, intentional bonus balling), and one or two cases a year of "major" cheating (wooden rockets, non-paintball projectiles, excessive and intentional malicious attacks, etc)

While I dislike all cheating, I understand at a big game "milder" cheating is going to happen, maybe even a little "moderate." Hate it all the same, but I know it's going to happen and there's nothing I can do about it (aside from not add to it, which I don't).

I can't see how "major" problems can happen year after year after year. That's what really sends me away from ION (plus the drive)
Member of Team Akkadian

#10 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

View PostThalion, on May 20 2009, 10:02 AM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on May 19 2009, 09:51 PM, said:

If they can't even manage the tanks without a major serious issue, why do people go to ION?

For the vendors basically, and to play paintball. But people know that they can get away with cheating there. Like you said, only a small percent cheat, but that small percent grows and grows as the weekend goes on. If you see somebody wipe your shot, you get mad, then you get shot, you end up wiping because you saw the "other" guy do it. It grows and grows.

And that is a reason why people also overshoot, to prevent wiping.

This post has been edited by Florentine: 20 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

#11 User is offline   Woodsballer4342 

• Noble Leader
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

I heard that they are going to step up on maintaining the rules and ensuring everyone follows. Atleas I hope they do. I might just buy it but I was playing yeserday with a bunch of friends in like 90 degree temperature and it was HOT. Then again I wasn't really prepared. Most of us were wearing jeans and t-shirts.lol
I will probably just save up and get an spec ops ultralite jersey.

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Don't always jump onto SO products. Sure, they are good, but how much does camo really help you?
Feedback

#13 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Planet Eclipse makes pretty good jerseys. I love mine.

#14 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

View Postghost93, on May 24 2009, 01:24 AM, said:

Planet Eclipse makes pretty good jerseys. I love mine.

They do. I had a PE Distortion, and I loved it. Actually, I still have it. I would check into anything by PE. They make some very high quality products.
Feedback

#15 User is offline   caveman315 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CAVEMAN315

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

I think the jersey will be fine. However, I agree with Florentine about ION. I used to go every year from 2003 to 2006. Great time, but man did people overshoot, shoot hot, wipe hits, you name it. Just know what you are getting into ahead of time.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users