Special Ops Paintball: Thoughts on the Carver One marker? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thoughts on the Carver One marker? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Teknikal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

As some of you might now TPN (Tippmann) came out with this new marker a couple months ago. It is basically has 98c but it DOES NOT have a foregrip (which I think is amazing).

From the looks of it it is a great mechanical low end marker for flankers. After you add a regulator, stock, and a new barrel, it looks like a lightweight, mobile, and reliable marker. It is very light and basically got rid of all the stuff that wasnt needed on the 98c.

Plus, it also has 4 picaninny rails, so you can mount sights, grips, and anything else that suites your fancy.

It reminds me of the Pro Carbine, and it is very cheap ($99). Maybe a great backup? In the end what it is is really:

Pros:
-Reliable, 98c interior
-Very lightweight (compared to A5, Alpha Black, Project Salvo)
-4 Picaninny rails, and no annoying foregrip
-reminiscent of Pro Carbine
-built in sights
-has 98c thread, and can mount any 98c, A-5, AB, or PS stock.
Cons:
-Feedneck does not allow for Cyclone (although I've heard Tippmann is releasing a adapter)

Not mine, but nicely camoed and modded.

Posted Image

Outofthebox:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Teknikal: 28 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

#2 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

My first impressions were, "wow, that looks like a custom 98 knockoff," but then I read some reviews and watched some reviews on it and it actually looks pretty good. I would use it as a back up, but you can customize it to your liking, and its built by tippmann, so their pretty heavy duty.

God Bless!!!

#3 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

I'm really not a fan of these markers. They combine the legendary look and feel of the 68 Carbine/Pro Lite/Pro Carbine, with the low quality and clamshell design of the 98 Custom.

I bought a Custom Pro for cheap a while back, remember those? They were 98's that came with a nicer stock barrel and drop forward. This marker gave me nothing but trouble, it broke down more than my friend's Ion. Perhaps I just got a lemon, but I've noticed a trend in markers made by Tippmann in the last year or so; and it's not a good one. They seem to have foregone reliable, practical designs for milsim, lower quality metals, and rediculous overuse of Picatinny rails. The quality of the Custom Pro was nothing compared to my Pro/Carbine.

However, there is one thing new thing I like about Tippmann. The new grenades actually aren't terrible! Not that I ever use them, but they're a huge step above the Crapbuster donut grenades they used to sell.
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#4 User is offline   Teknikal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Bwahahaha, I remember those grenades. Back then in our local field there used to be a guy that used them, what happened was they it never exploded and the two sides just started throwing them back and forth!

This post has been edited by Teknikal: 28 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

#5 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

i think its an interesting step for tippmann to re visit their classic marker lines and kind of update them. i didnt know about the clamshell though. it looks like a solid recball style marker, that has the ability to be added on to. theyre a little beefy looking, but they're still kind of streamlined.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

I bought one, and I actually love it. It's light, comfortable, decently accurate for what it is, and cheap as all hell. I'm picking up a stack to use as loaners when I get some extra money.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users