• This topic is locked

pod hoppers

#1 User is offline   A-Tay 

• recreational player
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:A-Tay

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

qloaders are neat but kinda expensive. what about making a kind of pod type item that could go in a vest or pod pack but would snap in to the cyclone feed system. lots of times when i'm in a heavy firefight, my hopper will run dry and ill take to much time refilling and allow my opponent to gain the advantage. if i gould just twist an empty pod off of my feeder and snap on another one in a second or two, that could really improve my game. I think that the hardest part would be finding a way to keep the paintballs secure while you maving and then to be able to just snap it on and be ready to go. I think that a sliding door that you could move or rotate our of the way would work, so that once the "pod hopper" is secure, the door could be slid out of the way and release the paitballs into a marker. the cyclone attachment shouldn't be so hard.
i are ballin… …paintballin

#2 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostA-Tay, on Aug 28 2008, 11:43 AM, said:

qloaders are neat but kinda expensive. what about making a kind of pod type item that could go in a vest or pod pack but would snap in to the cyclone feed system. lots of times when i'm in a heavy firefight, my hopper will run dry and ill take to much time refilling and allow my opponent to gain the advantage. if i gould just twist an empty pod off of my feeder and snap on another one in a second or two, that could really improve my game. I think that the hardest part would be finding a way to keep the paintballs secure while you maving and then to be able to just snap it on and be ready to go. I think that a sliding door that you could move or rotate our of the way would work, so that once the "pod hopper" is secure, the door could be slid out of the way and release the paitballs into a marker. the cyclone attachment shouldn't be so hard.

I'm pretty sure JT had something like that for a while, but it didn't catch on.

#3 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

I recomend practice, just practice loading your hopper in the fastest amount of time. Also, don't always worry with putting the pod back in the pack right then. In a heavy fire fight, I will sometimes just leave it on the ground until I get a chance to put it back. Like during rec games I will just leave it till the end of the game, remembering where it is.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

View PostA-Tay, on Aug 28 2008, 11:43 AM, said:

lots of times when i'm in a heavy firefight, my hopper will run dry and ill take to much time refilling and allow my opponent to gain the advantage.

do you wait for you hopper to run dry?
usually most people learn to always have a pod ready to load..
some people load when theirs 30 or so balls left so you can contnue to shoot while loading.

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Aug 28 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure JT had something like that for a while, but it didn't catch on.

JT Slammer, it is an add on collar for a hopper (SpeedCollar) and SpeedPods

The SpeedPod slaps into the collar which opens the pod and drops into the hopper, it can give a little extra hopper capacity because of the collar and you don't need to open the hopper or the pod. But it needs a bit of force to load.

An alternate is the speed feed which is seen more in speedball. This is a rubber lid to the hopper and any pod can be fed without opening the hopper. The problem with them is you still need to open the pod and can drop some paint from the hopper.

The real alternate in my opinion is to practice firing and loading - pone hand continues to shoot, the other then pops open the hopper, grabs a pod and flips open, drops in, discard or return the pod, click shut the hopper. If you practice the one handed reload at home and get into the habit of checking your hopper by looking or 'flicking' it for the feel of a low hopper then you never need run out of paint in the hopper.

#6 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

Your idea sounds way to complicated.
You can get to reload fast with what you have, it just takes practice.
Maybe get a speedfeed for your hopper. This way you can just pull the pod, open it and pour it in without having to worry about wasting time opening the lid on your hopper.

#7 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

Something like these I'm sure you mean.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#8 User is offline   A-Tay 

• recreational player
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

im kinda of new to paintball, so i guess practice should do the trick for me. thansk for the input though.

#9 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Pods are just annoying, don't worry about it. That's why I run capless tubes :thumbs-up:
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#10 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

go here B.U.L.P. loader part 1
part 2

#11 User is offline   greenebean 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

go on youtube and look for BULP loader from borg. its exactly what you described.

#12 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:04 AM

you might just want to keep on eye on the level of paint in your hopper occasionally, I usually can fill my pod and put it back in my vest within a couple of seconds. They make hoppers the way they do because they work.

#13 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

This is what you're talking about - only problem is the capacity. It's a great concept & will work really well for someone not looking to throw alot of paint. I use a tac cap on occasion but if I didn't already have one & 50 rounders, I'd look into trying a few of these.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#14 User is offline   A-Tay 

• recreational player
  • Pip

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

the BULP loaders look great, thats exactly what i was thinking.

the things that ger mentioned looks cool too

#15 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

Doesn't the BULP have less capacity thatn a normal hopper? and the guy said that it isn't for a big firefight cause it doesn't load the balls constantly.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users