Special Ops Paintball: I can't hit himm... Give me your gun! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can't hit himm... Give me your gun! A tactic that I use frequently. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   DALE WOLFE 

• GODZTOASTER
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WOLFEPAC

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

I agree with Hunter also, but the point was this guy could not gain the postion to take out the guy so they laid back to back????? because of a remote line. Next time give cover fire so he can change position or sit and wait until the enemy is in your range. :D

View Postshadow_772, on Oct 20 2007, 09:13 PM, said:

I agree with hunter...

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#17 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:39 AM

Never have, most likely never will, I use "Tactics". Like instead of borrowing someone elses marker I tell him to cover me and I move up to get the better angle for the simple fact that if I can barely hit him, then he can barely hit me. By getting the better angle I have considerably better odds of getting the hit.

#18 User is offline   Fut 

• Silent Storm - Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fut

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

It's a neat Idea. Let the best player use the Equipment he needs to get the job done.

However,
I'd actually let your Buddy try taking the shots. He might not be as good as you are, but if you keep shooting for him, he'll never get the practice he needs to become a good marksman.

Sabre #666

#19 User is offline   deltaboy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta-022

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

I agree. I know that I would do a better job with high quality oaint, a nicer barrel, and full auto if I'm suppresing, but I try to use my own gear because if I don't have someone within reach to borrow gear from, what happens? Execatly, I wouldn't be familiar with my own gear and that translates into me not taking that person out.

This post has been edited by deltaboy: 26 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

Sabre #166

#20 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

• 18 Zulu - Operations Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ODA-271

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

View Post~PUMA~, on Oct 20 2007, 10:46 AM, said:

I'd have to say I have never done this and probably wont ever try it.My team is usually spread out and not in one Bunker.Why did'nt you just say "Hey Buddy come over here and get these Dude's or Dudets while I cover you"?

I'm along the same lines as Puma here. I use my marker effectively and we have a working relationship. You start swapping out with other people and the tactics begin to dwindle. If you can't make an effective shot because of distance or obstacle... try out maneuvering it. No need to fire and fire from 1,000 meters away... when you can get around the defense, up close, and make an accurate shot. Not to mention... you do a little recon of what they have hidden there in the process.

That's just me though.
Operational Detachment Alpha - 271
Colorado Scenario Paintball Team

#21 User is offline   Mildred 

• Mildred
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Fightin Lep

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

why dont you just tell your teamate to take out the pbox and you cover him instead of taking the extra ten seconds and swapping the gun/gear?
If you pay for your own paintball equipment put this in your sig.
If your a Christian paintballer put this in your sig.

"Paine Is Weakness Leaving The Body""

#22 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:14 AM

View PostMildred, on Oct 27 2007, 11:25 AM, said:

why dont you just tell your teamate to take out the pbox and you cover him instead of taking the extra ten seconds and swapping the gun/gear?

Anyone else want to ask this question........AGAIN?

:usa:

#23 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

• PipPip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:44 AM

View PostMildred, on Oct 27 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

Sure. See question above. ;)

#24 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

Palmers Brass Barrel + Apex tip adapter. Turn off the Apex when not needed, turn it on when you want it. You maintain accuracy but get range, too.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#25 User is offline   Thorax 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

I've done it when theres a sorta hard but important shot and my guns not working. You know, low air, bad reg, bad battery. Something that makes me incapable of making shot. Usually I'll tell them to shoot, but if they dont know where I just ask to borrow there gun for a sec.

#26 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bpoydence

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:24 AM

My team switches weapons around based off what we are doing all the time. In this case, we wouldn't switch for something like that, that person with the X7 would just have to get better. I would call for him to do the shooting. Keep something in mind. If you were in a position that you couldn't hit him without a flatline or apex, then you are so far away he probably, key word there is probably, isn't going to hit you either. I would have him shoot, and once again, like everyone else, get a better angle...

As far as switching, sometimes it really helps us out to do so. We have one guy on the team, who would charge the whole of D-Day and not think twice if I told him to. He's fast, small, and deadly accurate with any gun we hand him. Best of all, that little jerk seems to have a field around him that redirects paintballs (gets really irritating in practice). So, when the time is right, and we are chasing our objective, I'll hand him my Tac 8, he will drop his SP8 and do what needs done. So as far as switching weapons, it can be good, depending on the situation. As far as switching when you are beside each other so you can kill a guy, I would only do it if my buddy couldn't find the guy, and even then, I would probably move up on him first.

The bottom line is still, whatever works for you. If thats how you got and continue to get it done, then do it. You have to have your own style, playing everyone else's won't work very well...
Captain of Total Resistance

#27 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

• PipPip

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

Seeing that I use a remote setup... can't see this being very functional of an idea. But whatever works for the player. I wouldn't think your buddies would appreciate you taking their markers all the time to get the kill. Remember... this is a team game and when it's all said and done... I'm sure they would want to feel appreciated.

#28 User is offline   Hornet Driver 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

To answer the initial question posed at the beginning of this thread, no, I haven't had to use this tactic as yet. However, there is a first time for everything.

I am very much a subscriber to the belief that if I am out of range of my target, there is a better than even money chance that I am also out of range for the person trying to get me as well.

That said, I will usually not give away my position by laying down enough fire for my target to make me if I am unsure of my ability to make the shot. If it looks dubious, I will take a single shot to ascertain whether or not I wll be able to make the shot. If I am unsure, I will check to see if my target has made me - and usually they don't - then manouver myself to either a closer shot along the same line of attack, or work the angle to get a higher percentage shot.

I think the key here is that you need to know your equipment, and what you can and can't achieve with it. If you find yourself in that situation where there is a shot to be made that you can't make with your equipment, change the angle, decrease the distance or call in a member of your team to make the shot for you.
And, as someone else has already mentioned above, if you can change your angle, then you do gain the added knowledge of whatever else is in the immediate surroundings and you can communicate that to the rest of your team, but that's always the case, regardless of whether or not you are beading on a target or not. :)
FOCUS. DISCIPLINE. SUCCESS.
If you want to die, don't take me seriously.

#29 User is offline   OriontheHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:OriontheHunter

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 20 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

The guys that I play with and myself typically do not trade weapons, if we need someone's gun to take out an anemy position. We will inform that person, and lay massive cover fire, deploy smoke, flash-bang grenades, grenade and rocket launchers. The far majority of us use remote lines so trading guns is rather difficult. Personally, I do not mind if someone needs to borrow my gun but my main concern would be: can they handle its large size and weight. Empty, it weighs in at nearly 9lbs and 13lbs loaded with an estimated 3.5' long.

I don't really like the idea of taking someone elses gun to take out a position because yours is not capable of the shot simple because it takes away that persons experiance. If is happens several times, the player starts becoming the team mule rather than a teammate. Each time takes away from their leaning experiance as well.

What field lets you use smoke grenades and flash grenades? cause that's pretty cool.

But I think it would be fine to loan someone your gun, especially if like he said, it's attached to him via remote line...

Besides, I know if I was in the middle of a fight, I wouldn't be thinking clearly, and would probably not give any thought to how silly it seems to ask for someones gun instead of pointing out the target.

There's also the wasted time grabbing your buddy, pointing out the target etc....

meh, I think it's really a moot point.

#30 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

I never let anyone but me use my marker, and I make a note to carry a short and long barrel in case I need more range or a shorter barrel in confined areas. If someone needs my expertise, I do it myself. Same unto others.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users