• You cannot reply to this topic

This Year So Far in paintballing terms Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

So, so far this year I have only gotten out the once to actually play, with 2 jobs, floor hockey, firefighting courses and of course my fire department (volunteer) this year has sucked, so far, and it only gets worse. The rainy conditions here are creating floods. And the rain has stopped for two days but more up to 20-40mm expected tomorrow :dodgy:

Links to videos of flood
Flooding
View From Chopper
Number One Highway
Cell Phone Vid

so how has Paintball been for you this year anyone else being held back by the ugly weather lol

#2 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Well, I don't play as much as I want to...practice every Saturday, and I usually work at the field Saturday afternoon...but so far it hasn't been to bad weather wise. Some wind up on the mountain, and occasionally some hail, rain or whatever else.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#3 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

well apart from life taking its unexpected turns, it's been kinda topsy turvy. finally got to play earlier this year after a year or so hiatus, and i plan to keep playing every couple of weeks or so. biggest thing to worry about is either hurricanes or fires down here.

the way i see it as long as you still want to play paintball, its all good. its when you dont want to play that somethin's up.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#4 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

well, if you count the days of play at a scenario, im at 2.

and this coming Saturday will be 3, after that i would have played more then i did last year..

got 2 more scenario games planned this year.

and at least 1 more day of rec play which is undetermined when
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

It's been good so far... I usually get to a scenario/big game at my field once a month.

I missed the April scenario (300+ players in all their glory & I was at a wedding), but made up for it in May w/ a scenario & big open play day. So 6 days of play in so far & looking at the schedule at least 6 more to go before the end of the year (I love being in an area that plays 12 months a year).

I have a membership to the field so I'd like to make more open play days but rarely have the time.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

I envy anyone that is out playing right now lol Got the itch bad lol. I just wish we had more scenarios down here :dry: , I have never been to an official scenario, just pick up woodsball and outlaw and the odd rec ball at the field i work out.

#7 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

I've got more than 20 days of play already. Most are tournies too. Its been a good year so far. :dry:

#8 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

I've got in around 25-30 days at least so far..but then again, we found a building to play in as early as January...day before my birthday for that matter.

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#9 User is offline   Bufger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

for me its been great. i started the season late in March but since then ive had a big scenario game once a month, a walk on recball game once a month and the occassional team training seasion in between that so it means im pretty much playing every 2 weeks.

We have a big scenario on sunday so ive already got all my gear prepped and ready and im sure i'll check it all again before i go! (seriously does anyone else do this as much as me? i'm obsessed with cleaning/checking/modding my gear!!!)

#10 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

I don't really check my gear, it all gets cleaned the same night as practice, then it is stored in it's case until the following saturday, and taken out for play again...I then have a "practice" marker, that I carry around all the time in the house to work on snapshooting and such, but for the post part my actual gear really isn't touched during the week.

#11 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

Slow but steady for me this year...
so far 2 scenarios (2 days each) a rec day. Not great but not bad for an old married guy who doesnt always have full control over his weekends...

Before the year is over I'll have another 2 scenarios for sure and at least another 2 rec days.

Next game is TAW - OPERATION:Just Havoc in July
And for some crazy reason I decided to general this one.

#12 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

Weekend game next weekend...Sat-Sunday vietnam scenario..team is going as some vietnamese...only $25 for entry w/bring your own paint or paint for $35 a case...camping is free...and i have 2 cases of paint already....hmmm, I think I know what I'm doing.

#13 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

So far, 1 day of play this year. And that was because it was my birth day. Otherwise, I have no time to play paintball. I Do get to tinker with my equipment alot. That is why I made mods for my T8. :rolleyes: I offer other pistol players to check my moded mag release cause it flips it to the right side for righties. I never liked how I had to change my grip on the pistol to eject a mag. Now I just use my index finger without changing grip.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#14 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

I've played a grand total of 2 days so far this year, and that was only because I was home on leave. There aren't a lot of paintball options in Hawaii. Plus, I've been really busy getting ready to deploy. I wish I could've played more (I normally go every other weekend during the summer), but things have conspired against me. Oh well. I'll start playing more regularly when I get back.
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#15 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostQuip, on Jun 26 2010, 01:59 PM, said:

I've played a grand total of 2 days so far this year, and that was only because I was home on leave. There aren't a lot of paintball options in Hawaii. Plus, I've been really busy getting ready to deploy. I wish I could've played more (I normally go every other weekend during the summer), but things have conspired against me. Oh well. I'll start playing more regularly when I get back.

If you havnt already, check out Island Paintball on Oahu. Its on Bellows AFB, but open to the public.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users