where at?
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#1127 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

I heard from a little fly err BuzzKill that the game is at Lukes. :)

This quote reminded me of Last Saturday at Battlefront:

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies Things." -Chesty Puller (Guadalcanal WWII)
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#1128 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

nice, i'll definately have a crew coming

#1129 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

just found out i've got tendonitis in my elbow from this weekend, i probably shouldve taken it easier, whos ready for the 14th.

#1130 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:57 AM

View Postshalehillslayer, on Oct 30 2009, 01:17 PM, said:

just found out i've got tendonitis in my elbow from this weekend, i probably shouldve taken it easier, whos ready for the 14th.

I am completely ready...We need to get this game on the locater...Matt Hosken says he is in...but we know how good his word is...I still need to call Forest and Dirk...Anyone keep in good touch with Dirk? Oscar I believe his kid will have bball practice, but I will give him a ring. Do we want to call and invite the crew from Chauncey out with us? I'll leave that to a group decision. Sucks about your elbow Chris...I will be in Coolville playing on Sunday...It seems that they are closed on Saturday due to Halloween!...So I'll head out after Church on Sunday...Anybody else want to join? So I completed my first test today with the NT on efficiency mode...All spacers and blue flow kit...It doesn't really get louder...It kicks as much as a DM...(Which isn't really at all)...Plus it kicks back instead of up...so it really isn't a playing issue...Still works great. All that's left is a real efficiency test...which will happen on the 14th...I assume by that time Dye will send me a working speedfeed as well...I'm looking forward to it!

Chris...When you say crew do you mean anyone other than Travis and Tyler?

I think when I talked to Luke he said he was doing Chilli...but he said the game plan would be emailed to Justin...So...Wraith? Contact with a Luke yet?

Btw...I have some newb's interested in playing on the 14th...Can I know who has equipment they feel free loaning? Thanks!
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#1131 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

No word from Luke yet. As soon as he gives me the info and the go-ahead, I'll put the game up on the locater. Looking forward to the 14th too!

Sorry, Andrew...I'll not be out for speedball on Sunday. Give me a call if you want to trek on over to P-burg for some cheese fries!
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#1132 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

Tim Slone has informed that the next Urban Guard game will be on November Seventh. I should be there, but it may be later... It is very possible I will be working a half day that day. We would love to see you all there. Not sure if I will make the Nov. 14th game at Luke's; I take the Praxis PLT test that day... I am working on a new "toy" , just got a part for it yesterday... I am now going to contact Luke's Customs for a special part... On another note: I think the swine flu has found my home and family...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#1133 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

View PostShadowjackal, on Oct 30 2009, 02:44 PM, said:

On another note: I think the swine flu has found my home and family...

Sorry to hear that, Jack. Let me know if we can do anything to help. Hope you all feel well soon.
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

#1134 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Let me know when the newark game is my weekends in november look good for some paintballing I've been iching to play.

Jack hang in there with the swine flu, its a virus that just has to run it's course. Clean with bleach, gargle with salt water, and keep your head down for a couple of days. This things has been popping up at camp in various forms. You'll come through this thing just fine.

Hope to see you kids out on the field soon

Tim

#1135 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

The game for the 14th has been posted to the Brigade! Hope everyone can make it.
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#1136 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

there will be some hocking kids out, tylers definately in but travis says he wont have money. the elbows a little bit better today, expecting a full recovery by tuesday.

#1137 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Just put about 40 paintballs through the new (old) gun. No batteries required - just pure mechanical goodness! Still talking with Luke's Customs about the new part... On another note, if that virus that my wife and son had was swine flu it was not all that bad... Both are recvoering well! Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#1138 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

There is an event on Facebook entitled...The Athens Crew Paintball!...And it is for Luke's game on the 14th...We have hit an all time high at Luke's of 28...I want to finally breach that thirty mark...It will help me to sleep at night knowing I have some type of goal between now and then...So invite all of your friends...Get them going...if you are on facebook look me up and add me and opt in on the brigade and the facebook event and tell your friends and it should be a good time.

On another note...All this auto-mag talk has the gear's turning for me...Or maybe it was Justin's kindness tonight...The coolville field is getting a brand new X-ball setup...I forget the name of the style...but it's the one with the giant A in the center...I'm excited...Havn't decided what food I am taking to Luke's yet...Nor have I decided what new gun to buy...JUST KIDDING!...

Another note here from us electro's...

Luke has requested this game be semi-auto only...Now...I don't think there's an electro among us...Except Tyler and Young Matt from what they've told me...who uses anything other than semi-auto...Our triggers are really just that light and they are...(empower Justin a bit) mouse-click like...So...I havn't talked to Luke, but how about we electro's cap our fire at about twelve balls a second? (or ten or fifteen or whatever is a good consensus)...to make it "fair"...I say leave the Tippmann's to fire at full-auto...I think Luke's trying to implement something to help the group that has only been hurting...In our favor...When he wanted to handicap us a bit...So...Does this sound good to everyone? And then if Tippmann guns want to play full auto or semi that is fine as well...Let's get a group idea and talk to Luke about it. Thanks guys!

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#1139 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

I concur. Telling everyone to use "semi-auto only" hurts the Tippmann users and empowers the skilled electro users. I ran into that problem my first and only time out to Marrietta where they have the same rule and me and my A-5 were getting ripped to shreds by skilled electro users in terms of firepower. So something like a 10 or 12 bps cap makes sense to me as this is actually a slower rate of fire compared to semi-auto (where one trigger pull per one ball shot is the definition of semi-auto) where skilled fingers like Andrews can reach 25bps or us other electro users can hit 15 to 18 on average. I would vote for 10bps as this seems to be on par with a Tippmann on full auto. Tippmann says their markers can shoot up to 15bps but I think it's really more like 10 or 12 in my opinion. If we cap the bps at 10 (NPPL rules) and even than do not allow Tippman users to go full auto than this would still be a better solution than just saying "semi-auto only." So I put forth the field rule of "10bps cap" and no full auto or three round burst.

Frodo out :P

Btw, keep in mind that I may not even be at the Luke game and since it is LUKE'S game his opinion on this matter is the only one that really counts!

JKR's thinking: "We should just have pump only games and not mess with this bps crap..."

This post has been edited by Frodo: 02 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#1140 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

Here's a point of interest for you Bandit. Tippmann e-triggers are shipped out set to NPPL rules. So when you install a new trigger they are set at 12 bps...The newest batch I assume will start being capped at ten...This is to make it field legal and so noone has to program anything...This may also be why your A-5 is so slow =P...Check the programming and see what you can do. I like the 10 bps rule with no semi-auto...But games are gonna need to move if I'm gonna shoot through all of my paint =D.

So the next step...RECRUIT!

Btw Chris, since you and I were talking about barrels...check out the first page of this thread...

http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=33240 The second post is helpful, and there is a video toward the bottom...Then I recommend checking out HammerHead's website...Some good stuff.

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users