Special Ops Paintball: cheap or cheeating? (READ POST BEFORE DOING POLL) - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cheap or cheeating? (READ POST BEFORE DOING POLL) where is the line between cheap and cheating? or is there one at all? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: cheap, cheating or fair game? (247 member(s) have cast votes)

useing paint greneads?

1. cheap (9 votes [4.04%])

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

2. cheating (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. fair play (214 votes [95.96%])

Percentage of vote: 95.96%

useing a ghillie suit

1. cheap (21 votes [9.42%])

Percentage of vote: 9.42%

2. cheating (3 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

3. fair play (199 votes [89.24%])

Percentage of vote: 89.24%

wearing speed stuff

1. cheap (24 votes [10.76%])

Percentage of vote: 10.76%

2. cheating (4 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

3. fair play (195 votes [87.44%])

Percentage of vote: 87.44%

wiping

1. cheap (4 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

2. cheating (218 votes [97.76%])

Percentage of vote: 97.76%

3. fair play (1 votes [0.45%])

Percentage of vote: 0.45%

markert with a high rof

1. cheap (37 votes [16.59%])

Percentage of vote: 16.59%

2. cheating (6 votes [2.69%])

Percentage of vote: 2.69%

3. fair play (180 votes [80.72%])

Percentage of vote: 80.72%

use of a high end marker in woods ball

1. cheap (17 votes [7.62%])

Percentage of vote: 7.62%

2. cheating (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. fair play (206 votes [92.38%])

Percentage of vote: 92.38%

saying that your out of air or paint to lure your opponent out of his bunker

1. cheap (109 votes [48.88%])

Percentage of vote: 48.88%

2. cheating (60 votes [26.91%])

Percentage of vote: 26.91%

3. fair play (54 votes [24.22%])

Percentage of vote: 24.22%

flatline/apex barrles

1. cheap (23 votes [10.31%])

Percentage of vote: 10.31%

2. cheating (1 votes [0.45%])

Percentage of vote: 0.45%

3. fair play (199 votes [89.24%])

Percentage of vote: 89.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   Zach_attack 

• Pimp slap
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:On the tail on the frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

All fair play except wiping and saying your out of paint and/or air

#32 User is offline   StLucifer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:STLUCIFER

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

View PostZach_attack, on May 9 2007, 09:30 PM, said:

All fair play except wiping and saying your out of paint and/or air

All is fair except wiping and luring (Its cheap but not illegal depending on where you are). The Reason I love this sport is the variety of weaponry that you use, heck I have seen a guy with a $1000 gun get destroyed by a kid with a $20 walmart gun it doesn't matter skills are skills even if the gun is good or bad the gun doesn't make the player. If you don't want to go up against someone with better equipment than you, either stick with all private groups that all have crappy guns/rentals or don't play at all its as simple as that.

This post has been edited by StLucifer: 09 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

#33 User is offline   Esgar 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowmeld

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:25 PM

I consider all of them fair, except wiping. Using lies to lure is cheap, but not cheating (IMHO).
Any joe with a rifle can make long shots. A true sniper is a master of stealth and concealment.
IPB Image

#34 User is offline   andrew1987 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:beat box

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

View PostStLucifer, on May 9 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

heck I have seen a guy with a $1000 gun get destroyed by a kid with a $20 walmart gun

have you? have you really or are you getting that confused with something that didn't happen

what was this $1000 gun? you know how much it cost you must know what it is?

at the field i ref at there are 2 guys that might be considered "noobs" in that way, 1 is a guy that recently moved up from his woods ball a5 and gave it to his little bro and got a e-tech ego (900$ setup from 300$), this player made a stellar jump in equipment and he is not the greatest player that ever lived but no person with a wal-mart gun has ever bunkered him, the other is a guy that had a old spyder victor and moved way way up to a dm7, he like the other likely didn't need to make that big of a jump but he did, and he is not about to go pro any time soon but i don't think its likely that he will get bunkered with a maurader
i say bunkered because if you shoot a guy with a maurader from more then 10 feet its luck, pure luck every time

im not saying that this could not happen, just that i think a lot of you people are telling half truths and hole lies to make your woodsball dogma more real, you all keep lieing to each other you start to believe that flatlines can go 400 feet if you pour milk in them and you get more shots out of your co2 tank if you put it in the microwave ... sorry i went on a rant there ...

#35 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

View Postandrew1987, on May 9 2007, 11:39 PM, said:

View PostStLucifer, on May 9 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

heck I have seen a guy with a $1000 gun get destroyed by a kid with a $20 walmart gun

have you? have you really or are you getting that confused with something that didn't happen

what was this $1000 gun? you know how much it cost you must know what it is?

at the field i ref at there are 2 guys that might be considered "noobs" in that way, 1 is a guy that recently moved up from his woods ball a5 and gave it to his little bro and got a e-tech ego (900$ setup from 300$), this player made a stellar jump in equipment and he is not the greatest player that ever lived but no person with a wal-mart gun has ever bunkered him, the other is a guy that had a old spyder victor and moved way way up to a dm7, he like the other likely didn't need to make that big of a jump but he did, and he is not about to go pro any time soon but i don't think its likely that he will get bunkered with a maurader
i say bunkered because if you shoot a guy with a maurader from more then 10 feet its luck, pure luck every time

im not saying that this could not happen, just that i think a lot of you people are telling half truths and hole lies to make your woodsball dogma more real, you all keep lieing to each other you start to believe that flatlines can go 400 feet if you pour milk in them and you get more shots out of your co2 tank if you put it in the microwave ... sorry i went on a rant there ...

Andrew, how then do you explain stock class players holding out against electros in hyperball and speedball? Same difference. More accurate, but even less fire-power than the #20 wal-mart special.

The key is SKILL. No marker will make a player amazing. I could be a bit more effective with an electro, but I do great with my stock class markers, so why spend $1000 when my $50 PGP is all that I need in order to compete?

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#36 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

no, money can't buy skill, but it certainly adds to the equation, i started getting a lot more kills when i finally got my B5 with rampage board and JCS double trigger, went from 3 bps to 12-15ish(haven't counted) also started shooting marbalizer.

The thing is, yea skill is always more important, but if we have the same skill but i have more fps, I'm going to be able to keep him down and maneuver much more easily.

So this whole money can't help skill thing is bs, no it cant' buy skill if you have none, but money can make a big difference. Particuraly in paint, even I can't keep up at the level I'd like to. I'm getting a tac cap for my a5 to try and force myself, but its just lot easy to duel with someone when i don't worry about the amount of paint i use. And then add the ability to buy clothing that bounces(tho it the heat the prevent me) High end gun, lots of grenades, an apex(getting mine soon) super nice barrel.

personaly this is why I like the Ion, not because its a great gun, which its not, but because it levels the playing field. After all, why should only the guys with money have a nice rof?

er.. i've had a few shots of vodka, so plz forgive misspelling sand nonsensical statements(i don't think there are any.. but who knows)

This post has been edited by EpShot: 09 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

#37 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:35 AM

Yup, all is good besides whiping.

Saying your out of air as a trap- fun trick, it may be trickery, but it's not bad trickery, like wearing a ref's uniform, or carring a camera out to get close, and then light people up. Any it realy won't work more than once.

Ghillies- it's stuff dose break on them, try to hit thier mask. If you can see them and shoot at them, the main purpose of the ghillie is gone.

Speedball clothing- Bright, shiny, easy to see, ect... Plus the padding is in places designed for protection, like the knees, elbows, groid, and hips (for sliding, which actually works pretty damn well in the woods), and I have no trouble with them bouncing alot.

The other things, high BPS, flatline/apex, high ends, and paint grenades are just pieces of equipment people buy. They are better pieces of equipment, thats why people buy them. It's kinda dumb to say that you can't use any of the stuff you bought, thats like saying "well, you just got a BMD, but everyone else on the road has a Toyota, so you can't drive"...If we went by the "other people don't have as nice stuff as you" logic, we would all have to use Brass Eagle Talons, and I don't think that would be good.

Now one thing is that if there are BPS restrictions high BPS (at least if it's electronic, for all the people who can get 16-17 BPS with Pnue-mechs, and ULT mags, I salute you, plus there is no way to cap that) or bans on certain modes (ramping, burst, full auto, ect...) then that is cheating. If your place allows full auto or ramping, or dosn't have a RoF cap, go strait ahead, but if they got rules, follow them.

Oh, and are dissing my E-mag? What makes that thing not in the same catagory as other high end tourney guns? Same thing with E-cockers (were talking about the superstock, Karnivore, Black magic, and other "true" E-cockers, not the Trilogy SF). Ions aren't anywhere near the same catagory as tourney guns, so good call on those.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

#38 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:26 AM

It's all fair except for the bounce encouraging thing which gets a cheap from me it may not be cheating but I think it goes against the spirit of the game. Saying you are out of paint or air is clever you are never out until you call yourself out if someone falls for it that is their own fault.

#39 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

OK everything is fair except wiping, that's a no brainer if your not good enough to not get hit then don't wipe the guy who was good enough to hit you, wipers should be lined up infront of a firing squad.
Now the yelling saying you're out of paint and DMW, this is deception and has been apart of the game since the begining. DMW DOES NOT INCLUDING ACTUALLY SAYING YOUR DEAD, if you do you're dead and coming back in is cheating. A real DMW is decption and though you may not like it, its fair. If you're not responisble enough to check a player aimlessly walking around with no tape then its your own fault. Someones walking around, doesn't respond put 3 on him. If he was dead he should've answered and had a BBD in, if he wasn't then he lost.

#40 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

View PostP 1 IVI P 1 N G, on May 9 2007, 06:21 PM, said:

saying that your out of air or paint to lure your opponent out of his bunker (for this we assume that the ref did not say that calling out of air or paint was calling out of the game)
Cheap. I'd never do it, and if someone did it to me I'd be pretty upset with them. That's almost cheating, since you're basically shooting someone after you called yourself out. It's technically legal, I assume, however, it is extremely cheap if you can get away with it.

It depends on the rules of the game that you're in. If this is specifically against the rules, i.e., running out of paint/air makes you out of the game, then this is a big no-no.

However, in larger scenarios, where it is not, this is a perfectly legitimate strategy. What I notice about this poll is that every somewhat controversial aspect of paintball that can give a particular player an advantage, is called into question. Though I personally disagree with bounce engineered equipment, all of it is legal (rules permitting), and as such, you should EXPECT people to use them for fair play.
Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#41 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:35 AM

I say that wiping is cheating (duh!) but everything else is fair play.
Even claiming you're out of air is fine...sneaky but perfectly legit. In fact, way back in the pump days when constant air tanks were new, I knew several players who had bleed valves that allowed them to make a hissing-air sound that was remarkably similar to the sound of a 12g being changed...so opponents would think that they were right in the middle of swapping 12gs, when in fact they were sitting in the bushes, aiming carefully & waiting to be charged....
Good times!

#42 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

View PostEpShot, on May 10 2007, 02:10 AM, said:

The thing is, yea skill is always more important, but if we have the same skill but i have more fps, I'm going to be able to keep him down and maneuver much more easily.

So this whole money can't help skill thing is bs, no it cant' buy skill if you have none, but money can make a big difference. Particuraly in paint, even I can't keep up at the level I'd like to. I'm getting a tac cap for my a5 to try and force myself, but its just lot easy to duel with someone when i don't worry about the amount of paint i use. And then add the ability to buy clothing that bounces(tho it the heat the prevent me) High end gun, lots of grenades, an apex(getting mine soon) super nice barrel.

If you have more fps than I do you're shooting hot and therefore cheating. I know you meant to say BPS.

When my son is old enough to play he's going to start with a mech and preferably a pump. As it is right now I could spend $1500.00 on a high end electro for him and place him on a speedball field. He's got no skills as of yet but he'd still be able to make some kills by putting 20+bps down filed. No I'm not bagging on speedball. My kid is 7 and he's short, and a speedball field is more open (no low hanging branches etc) allowing a higher change of a kill.

That's where the problem comes from. Too many kids and parents don't have any clue about the game and the skills involved. They equate high ROF with skill and are very lazy when it comes to real game play. That's when I think a high ROF is cheap. If you can use the 20+bps properly, with out overshooting/lighting someone up and prove you have actual skill then it's fine.

I was able to play against the Tippman SMGs. The first few games I think everyone was intimidated by his ROF. After two rounds I figured out his his reload pattern. After that me and 2 other guys were able to take him out game after game because he assumed high ROF=skill.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#43 User is offline   wagonburner187 

• balance and tactics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:wagonburner

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Wipeing is is cheating thats why you get in trouble if you get caught.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#44 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

Wiping is cheating, and ghillie can be cheap. not is cheap, but can be.

my issue with ghillie is i've seen anarchy bounce off of it. now, usually that's not a problem- locally, alot of the guys that wear ghillie also are obese, and don't move a whole lot (I mean, god forbid you physically exert yourself!)

Now, when it's used specifically because it's very bounce friendly, then i have a problem. I've also seen ghillie worn over then newer Empire camo-jersey... the only place you could get a break was on mask, because gun hits don't count. While I can hit a mack, because I can aim... I'm at a severe disadvantage in a 50/50 gunfight with a guy in ghillie, regardless of what he's shooting, because my entire body is a target, and i can only gog him.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#45 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

I said all fair except wiping and super thick ghillie suits, for the fact that some of the ones i seen are just shields not actual apparel.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users