• You cannot reply to this topic

Palmer Blazer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

I'm interested in this marker, so can anybody vouch for this marker? My only complaint as of now is the price tag, but it's understandable since it is completely hand made and what not.
Word.

#2 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

There's not a darn thing wrong with the price tag. You will forget all about it once you get it in your hands ad shoot it.

I'll vouch for it, I'll vouch for 2+ years or flawless, accurate, efficient, consistent performance with absolutely ZERO issues or reason to doubt it.

Its custom made by the best and is once of the best, no doubt.

This post has been edited by Millslane: 13 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

It pretty much has it all: Consistent, relatively lightweight, works amazingly on CO2 - even in the coldest of conditions, durable, extremely low maintenance, extremely efficient, customizable, and one of the quietest guns out there with a double ported barrel. I've heard many say snapping your fingers makes more noise.

My only dislike is that if something goes wrong it generally isn't an "order the part and replace it" kind of thing. It's a finely tuned machine and usually needs to be sent into Palmer's if there is a problem. They aren't markers that should be messed with. But they rarely have issues.

They are good to go right out of the box. Some complain about the lack of after market accessories. But if you spend your time and decide carefully how you want your marker to be made that in itself takes the place of after market accessories.

This post has been edited by Piller: 13 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

I really can't add anything to what the above posters wrote. I've had mine for over 2 years with great results. I had a slight leak develop within the first few months, but a trip back to PPS fixed it and it came back shooting better than ever. It is deadly quiet with a dual vented barrel. The lack of aftermarket upgrades isn't a con. It means that everything that comes stock is top of the line and can't be improved. They are built to last and work great. My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner.

#5 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

whats the trigger like?
(I'm slightly interested in them as well)

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#6 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

You've got to love Blazers. One of the hardest decisions of my life was choosing between a Mag or a Blazer. They're worth the price.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#7 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

View PostDvS21, on Jan 13 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

whats the trigger like?
(I'm slightly interested in them as well)

If I could only keep one of my markers, it would be my Blazer. It always works and to clean I just take it into the shower with me. Can't beat that with a stick. The trigger is a two stage trigger. You must full pull and release. Once you get used to it, don't even notice it.

#8 User is offline   Jackson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

Some say the trigger is stiff. I disagree. It's short, and has a bit of weight to it. But not too much. It just feels right. I can easily pop off a string at decent speed. You just have to get it knowing the trigger isn't going to be mouse click electro style. It's a mech trigger, but a very good one. Tippmanns and other blow back sear trippers have a weird pull to them that I don't really like, heavy on the pull then mushy on the release. The Blazer has a nice consistent weight on pull and release.

#9 User is offline   DvS21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

Walkable?

"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#10 User is offline   Jackson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

View PostDvS21, on Jan 14 2008, 09:03 PM, said:

Walkable?

No. Not that light. Again, don't think mouse-click electro style. You aren't going to get that. The closest from a mech would be a pneumag or tuned ULT mag. You can still get good rates of fire, especially with a 45 frame. Check this video: http://www.palmer-pu...lazer-test-.MPG

#11 User is offline   DvS21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

do they offer them with a 90* frame?

#12 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

You can definitely rake, or rub your finger across a double trigger for higher rates of fire.

Or if you have the Sheridan frame you can do the old school wrist rocking like I do every so often with my Automag and get some really high firepower.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#13 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

I have one. I love it. I vouch for it. Worth every penny

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#14 User is offline   shade 

• Shade: A disembodied spirit... a ghost
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ramapo

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

I've also just recently got one. I really, really like it. I can fire it quite fast (not as fast as some of my other guns fast enough) and its definitely my most accurate gun. The most noticable aspect though is how quiet it is. Definitely try and pick up a double vented barrel if you can, it makes a big difference in sound.
The hardest enemy to defeat is the one you cannot find.

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

View PostDvS21, on Jan 14 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

do they offer them with a 90* frame?

no, they don't sadly. But even with just a 45 frame they are heavenly to shoot. I wouldn't trade mine away for any other paintball marker out there. It is my fave marker ever. Light, accurate, easy to clean. Never had a problem with mine.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users