Special Ops Paintball: How to snipe in a non sniper-friendly field - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to snipe in a non sniper-friendly field Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   CONFIRMEDKILL 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CONFIRMEDKILL

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

I like those types of fields more then the super thick ones....

What I do is run my BDU's through the wash with a TINY bit of black die to darken them, then I use any type of shadow I can find, and get as low as humanly possible. I think your field is mostly leaves, and if I am correct in assuming this, when its not Summer or Spring the leaves will be all over the ground, and crunchy. This makes movement without detection hard, if not impossible. Find a good place, and STAY there, trying your damndest to not be seen or heard. Brush away some leaves if its possible, so your not lying on them, that way they wont crunch if you have to shift your weight. Fire the least amount of shots possible, so you can completely avoid detection, because if you are seen, or if they have the basic idea of were you are, you cant fall back without being seen. Good luck, Josh

#17 User is offline   Stillborne 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Stillborne

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

My approach is a little different, but it has definitely worked for me time after time...

On those fields, I leave my ghillie at home. I only wear the ghillie mask cover and some fatigues. I carry 2 extra pods for my Q-loader on my back (you'll see why.)

Rather than relying on plant life to provide cover, I rely on ditches, hills and large trees. I find a good spot where I have max visibility so I can see what the opponents are up to. If they are coming straight at me, I keep a low profile and get in a great HIDING, (not ambushing) spot until they pass. Then I play the flanking game. I'll stay in the valleys of hills while crawling. The top of the hill provides super cover (invisibility, actually.) When I run out of hills, I put large trees (fallen or standing; doesn't matter) directly between me and the main opponents I'm stalking. They can't see through wood, so the fact that I don't have ghillie is irrelevant. I am more mobile and quieter without it. When I get close enough, I take my shot (2 max) and immediately pull back behind my cover so that when heads turn there is no one there. In the event that I get spotted, there's no point in playing the usual "fall back and hide again" game; there's just not enough cover to keep them from seeing where you go. Now, the ghillie mask comes off and tucked in my belt, and I play dagger.

It seems to throw them into massive confusion when the sniper suddenly jumps up and starts charging in and out working the angles. (Such as running into position where many of them are positioned in a straight line in relation to me. Only the first couple are an actual threat until they move. Choosing the angles and choosing your shots is important here, because 300 rounds, while a lot for a typical sniper, is not enough to start trying to pin people down.

Unorthodox, but I promise it works. (If you're fast and aggressive enough to play the dagger role, and if your gun is, well; anything but a longbow with the 21 round clip.)

#18 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:22 AM

while not being able to spend alot on ghille suits i found a great way to work a way to adapt to your surroundings

this will maybe cost you 7.00, maybe

go to the store and buy large rubber bands that will fit round your arm, bring a coat about the size of your existing camo with you to test fit. if they sell dark colored bands great if not i sprayed mine with some brown paint.

take them out next time and walk the field collecting the most COMMON greenery and wrap the bands on your arm and put some bits of: grass, trees shrubs, ect. on your arms, podpack, mask, ect. and some on your gun using the rubber bands.

This is a great way to adapt to your feld becaseu youll brak up your outline without using a possibly mismatched ghille for the feild. And if they fall out pick soem more up and put them into place.

this may seem liek a cheapo way to do it, and youll catch soem crap from other poeple for doing it but nothing works better for me, and ive got other people doing it too.

since all the other guys have great tactics in their posts i thought id just throw in a good way to camoflague yourself inthe feild.

Happy Hunting- Guy In Digi Camo
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#19 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

[quote name='Guy In Digi Camo' date='07 July 2007 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1183792972' post='1551339']
while not being able to spend alot on ghille suits i found a great way to work a way to adapt to your surroundings

this will maybe cost you 7.00, maybe

go to the store and buy large rubber bands that will fit round your arm, bring a coat about the size of your existing camo with you to test fit. if they sell dark colored bands great if not i sprayed mine with some brown paint.

take them out next time and walk the field collecting the most COMMON greenery and wrap the bands on your arm and put some bits of: grass, trees shrubs, ect. on your arms, podpack, mask, ect. and some on your gun using the rubber bands.

This is a great way to adapt to your feld becaseu youll brak up your outline without using a possibly mismatched ghille for the feild. And if they fall out pick soem more up and put them into place.

this may seem liek a cheapo way to do it, and youll catch soem crap from other poeple for doing it but nothing works better for me, and ive got other people doing it too.

since all the other guys have great tactics in their posts i thought id just throw in a good way to camoflague yourself inthe feild.

Happy Hunting- Guy In Digi Camo
[/quote/]

Hmmm, something new for me to try :) thanx digi
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

#20 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

2007?...wow. :facepalm:

Sniper Cowboy - I was just about to close this Necro from beyond the Grave...then I realized that you were part of the original conversation way back when. Welcome back to the forum - carry on.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users