• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Call Ref Your Rulebook Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

What does every else who refs implements as rules for the game? Since there are no "real defined" rules in paintball, its more or less, go as you play, so to speak, besides the obvious "You're shot, you're out" rule unless you're playing a special scenario.

Usually at my field, we play some Scenarios, VIP, Downed Pilot, Invasion (1-2 defenders at a point, hold off again X number of waves, containg X number of players...Point to defend is above a hill)..

Anyhow, one of the problems we face... is over-shooting. BEFORE, we started having people REF, there was a rule in effect, you shoot someone 3-4 times over the original elimination shot, the player had the option to shoot the offender back, equal to the amount of over-shot... (OF course, this was stupid like none other) and Thank God, was never enforced by any means.

So: When I ref, My rules that everyone agrees on, are as follows:

Rules for our Field

1.Team-Kill: Whoever shot is the team-mate is out:
2.Overshot: Player who overshot by more than 4-5 is out, and can't play next game
3.Mercy: Option to mercy the player within 20ft... (Player can decide or accept)
4.Barrel Tag: Player obviously out.. If they shoot (read next)
5.If Player shoots a person at point blank range (in the event of a player attempting a barrel tag, shooter is out (reason being, last year, someone was about to barrel tag, player turned and shot the kid point blank... below the waste..)....
6.In the event of respawn games: Players must go back to Select Point and Leave an Armband or insignia (each player has 3, and ref is there to enforce drop) so no person gets more than 3 respawns per game (usually V.I.P... guards can resurrect at spawn point).
7.Shooting Hot (knowingly, I.E adjusting velocity after chrono), player is out for half the day..
Game Limits: 45 minutes (Was a problem with games lasting upwards of 2 hours for one single game of 10v10).
8.Wiping: Out for the game and next.
9.Shooting from the dead-box: Out for the day, no excuses.. had a big issue with this last year.
10.WHEN Eliminated: player must secure their barrel (BBD), raising marker above head while shouting out till the dead-box.
11.Camping: (staying in one spot the entire game), verbally tell the player to advance if after X number of minutes and no change, Player gets warned again and has a minute to advance and get in the game (Due to spawn campers, or base huggers), if they still don't move, player location is announced..

Just some of the things, that I set in place for when we play PB...I believe thats everything we cover at our field (private, so its the same group of guys everytime)... At another field and ref, it changes, due to the conditions and so forth.

So what does everyone else rule book consist of or look like for your field that you ref?

-Oct

This post has been edited by Octavious: 15 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

#2 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

Actually.........

I don't have a copy of the rules yet............. :blush:

Since I wasn't really hired, I just, sort of, started for free and then they started paying me. :D

Your rules are pretty different though.

1.Team-Kill: If you get a break on you, you're out. Period. If anyone causes problems on the field, we Refs step in. However, your rule might not be a bad idea.........
2.Overshot: I've never had some overly-overshoot someone, it's mostly just 1-4 shots by accident, we a give a firm warning, and we WILL pull them out if it happens repeatedly.
3.Mercy: Option to mercy the player within 20ft... (Player can decide or accept)
4.Barrel Tag: Player obviously out..
5.If Player shoots a person at point blank range I pull them off the field. Our safety speech informs the players that there is NO BUNKERING in woodsball. Period.
6.In the event of respawn games: Almost all of our games are, we just watch the players and correct them when they try to cheat.
7.Shooting Hot: We have the option to remove them for the day.
8.Wiping: If I EVER catch another person wiping on my field, let's just say they're going to need all the prayer you can give them.
9.Shooting from the dead-box: We only use dead boxes at our scenario's (Once or twice a year) and they're completely netted off.
10.WHEN Eliminated: player must secure their barrel (BBD), raising marker above head while shouting out till the dead-box.
11.Camping: (staying in one spot the entire game), We allow camping, just NOT spawn camping. We won't let one team get too close to the other's spawn, hince, no spawn camping.
12. Lifting your mask: I'll give you ONE warning, if you do it again you're out for the day, no questions asked.
13. No profanity: If you insult another player verbally or other wise, you're coming off the field. Case and point.

God Bless,
Doc

This post has been edited by Dr. Wiggy: 15 February 2007 - 05:00 PM

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#3 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

View PostOctavious, on Feb 15 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

What does every else who refs implements as rules for the game? Since there are no "real defined" rules in paintball, its more or less, go as you play, so to speak, besides the obvious "You're shot, you're out" rule unless you're playing a special scenario.

Usually at my field, we play some Scenarios, VIP, Downed Pilot, Invasion (1-2 defenders at a point, hold off again X number of waves, containg X number of players...Point to defend is above a hill)..

Anyhow, one of the problems we face... is over-shooting. BEFORE, we started having people REF, there was a rule in effect, you shoot someone 3-4 times over the original elimination shot, the player had the option to shoot the offender back, equal to the amount of over-shot... (OF course, this was stupid like none other) and Thank God, was never enforced by any means.

So: When I ref, My rules that everyone agrees on, are as follows:

Rules for our Field

1.Team-Kill: Whoever shot is the team-mate is out:
2.Overshot: Player who overshot by more than 4-5 is out, and can't play next game
4.Barrel Tag: Player obviously out.. If they shoot (read next)
5.If Player shoots a person at point blank range (in the event of a player attempting a barrel tag, shooter is out (reason being, last year, someone was about to barrel tag, player turned and shot the kid point blank... below the waste..)....
6.In the event of respawn games: Players must go back to Select Point and Leave an Armband or insignia (each player has 3, and ref is there to enforce drop) so no person gets more than 3 respawns per game (usually V.I.P... guards can resurrect at spawn point).
7.Shooting Hot (knowingly, I.E adjusting velocity after chrono), player is out for half the day..
Game Limits: 45 minutes (Was a problem with games lasting upwards of 2 hours for one single game of 10v10).
8.Wiping: Out for the game and next.
9.Shooting from the dead-box: Out for the day, no excuses.. had a big issue with this last year.
11.Camping: (staying in one spot the entire game), verbally tell the player to advance if after X number of minutes and no change, Player gets warned again and has a minute to advance and get in the game (Due to spawn campers, or base huggers), if they still don't move, player location is announced..

Just some of the things, that I set in place for when we play PB...I believe thats everything we cover at our field (private, so its the same group of guys everytime)... At another field and ref, it changes, due to the conditions and so forth.

So what does everyone else rule book consist of or look like for your field that you ref?

-Oct

1.person that is shot is out.
2. ok i ref some guys that have fingers that are to fast even for there girlfriends.... so i tell them to try and ease off the trigger a little.
3. mercy rule is 10 ft at e.m.r
4. barrel tag is out. if person acidently shoots do to light trigger then all is forgiven and life gos on.
5.if person shoots point blank on purpose person get a whole punch in there wristband. 3 punches and there done for the day.
6.open play dosnet usally have respawn's. but in big games. person shoots ball over crono and reinserts.
7.2 whole punches.
8. pulled from game ridiculed infront of players.
9. holw punch, taken to talk to manager.field owner.
10. secure bbd and say out ONCE. if playing speedball it gives your team an unfair advantage. deadman talking basically.
11.camping is strategic, if person abuses game is anounced game will be shortened unless game picks up. normally we just entaganzie(sp) them like..."they said you guys are wimps" or "they said they use your mom for target practice" sometimes helps... in other cases i bring out the mallet tazer and duct tape (lol whiteboard joke.)
and the bigest and most important rule
12. if some lifts there mask it is a whole puch . two people lift there mask we stop the game bring everyone back to the rec center and go through saftey speach and show the "this is cardboard... cardboard is about 100 time thicker thank your eye... this is what a paintball does to cardboard..."
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#4 User is offline   FoxBat 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Caboose Jr.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

We have a lot of rules that revolve around safety however I ref at a field that sponsors its own paintball league so we have to deal with people getting overshot alot. We try to prevent it but it doesn't always work. We also have no range limit. people get bunkered regullarly. we do try to prevent overshooting or people shooting each other at point blank but there are no rules. We are strict on masks and barrel covers as well as we try to prevent people from getting shot after they are out but there are no guarantees

#5 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

hey im a professional camper. i dont like no campin games lol

though i got honor, spawn campin is the pits, but i will camp objectives and make you work for it :D

#6 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

At the field where I play they have very strict rules and have never had an accident due to someone being shot with a paintball.

1. If the ref has his mask on you have your mask on. You may remove your mask only when the ref has removed his. (First offense warning, Second offense sit out a game, Third your pulled for the day)

2. BBD's are to be placed on the marker when you are eliminated and are to be on markers that are not in play.

3. ROF is capped at 15bps on the woodsball field.

4. No profanity.

5. Bunker tags are allowed and all persons inside the bunker are eliminated.

6. Bonus balling is not allowed period and will result in the player being pulled from the game and setting out a game.

7. Do not shoot parachutist. ( I am not sure if this has ever happed or if someone was trying to be funny but it is in the safety briefing)
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#7 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Rules of Engagement:
1. No shooting hot, out for half the day.
2. No profanity, out for 2 games.
3. No lifting mask, out for the day.
4. Camping is allowed, I don't care if your sittin in the same spot for 4 hours, whatever floats your boat.
5. When out, put barrel plug in and call out once.
6. Dead men don't talk.
7. No ROF, we don't care how fast you shoot, your money...
8. No mercy rule, BUT if someone surrenders you must respect that and not shoot him/her. If you do shoot them your out for the next game.
9. Infinite respawns
10. Shooting from the dead box, out for the day no questions asked.
11. If you get hurt charging a tank, well that's just your fault. Please try not to do that, even if you think it's cool when I do it.
12. Tactical shields are bulletproof.
13. Barrel tagging is considered out, your out if your barrel tagged.
14. ALL scenario equipment is allowed.

I think thats it, but I'll edit if I forgot some.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users