Special Ops Paintball: Scenaio Snipers - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scenaio Snipers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   P.W.G. 

• Im a simpleton. OH LOOKY LIL ORANGE DOTS!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Capt. Kiss

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

IF THERE HAS BEEN A TOPIC LIKE THIS ALREADY PLEASE CLOSE. I HAVE SEARHED FOR THREADS LIKE THIS BUT HAVE NOT FOUND ANY THAT ANSWER MY QUESTION COMPLETELY. I was wondering what significance a sniper could pose in scenarios like D-Day or Castle Conquest?
Save gas, fart in a jar-nuff said

#2 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

View PostP.W.G., on Jun 20 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

IF THERE HAS BEEN A TOPIC LIKE THIS ALREADY PLEASE CLOSE. I HAVE SEARHED FOR THREADS LIKE THIS BUT HAVE NOT FOUND ANY THAT ANSWER MY QUESTION COMPLETELY. I was wondering what significance a sniper could pose in scenarios like D-Day or Castle Conquest?

That really depends on one's definition of "significance". If you mean scores of "kills", then not any more than any sniper, including and perhaps especially paintball snipers...that isn't the primary objective of a sniper anyway. But, since scenarios run longer than most other games, one of the greatest challenges a paintball sniper faces is minimized, as scenarios allow more time for snipers to set themselves in position or stalk the opposition, or are many times allowed to pre-stage themselves in the field at bottle-necks or choice ambush points. This enhances the element of surprise, which is crucial to the effectiveness of any sniper.

Scenario snipers are effectively used for ambushes and hasty retreats, as a diversion or distraction to set up an ambush (much like a mine or bomb), to engage the opposition as a lure, to impede, delay, or disrupt the progress of the opposition, provide overwatch, perform recon, or gather and relay intel. The "significance" of any sniper depends upon realistic and selective field application, sniper technique and skill, the ability of the sniper(s) and the team to improvise, and maintaining and utilizing the element of surprise.

Basically, my answer is yes, but conditionally. :D
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Esgar 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowmeld

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

Scenario snipers canhave quite a bit of signifigance, depending on the sniper. A sniper who moniters enemy movements and strengths all day and reports them to HQ would be an invaluable source of information. Conversely, a sniper who spends his time hunting down lone enmy soldiers of no consequence, won't be very signifigant at all in regards to the overall battle, unless he manages to cause some sort of panic.
Any joe with a rifle can make long shots. A true sniper is a master of stealth and concealment.
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   TriViuM 

• ▲▼▲▼▲▼
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:15 AM

They could be useful under the conditions War stated at a game like D-Day, but at a game like Castle Conquest, it would be useless. The game set-up/style is not fit for a position like that and, with a little bit of experience, you will be able to depict which games will be useful for the position and which games will not be.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Q-Loader | Affordable Paintballs

#5 User is offline   budowolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BudoWolf

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:45 PM

View PostTriViuM, on Jun 22 2007, 04:15 AM, said:

They could be useful under the conditions War stated at a game like D-Day, but at a game like Castle Conquest, it would be useless. The game set-up/style is not fit for a position like that and, with a little bit of experience, you will be able to depict which games will be useful for the position and which games will not be.

I dunno TriViuM... I think a sniper could do fairly well in a game like Castle Conquest. Not necessarily on offense, though they could be used as sharpshooters to take out specific problem points, however a good sniper with the ability to really HIDE could do well on defense. Say, he finds his hide with a fairly large field of fire on the castle... digs in, and sits tight till the enemy is heavily engaged with the casle walls. Then takes shots of opportunity, mostly aiming to take out the attackers heavy hitters (marksmen, CO, double troubles, etc..). Stealth and a silent gun are a MUST, as well as the ability to lay off the trigger when the enemy is looking your way... but I think it's doable.

Admittedly though the usefullness is much higher in a game like D-Day or Bunker Hill. Those are the games that a sniper excells in.

#6 User is offline   TriViuM 

• ▲▼▲▼▲▼
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

Well, you obviously have never played CC. It does sound all nice and perfect the way you have it planned out, but, you don't understand that it is pretty much constantly raining paint and there really aren't places to just "dig in".

Proudly Sponsored by:
Q-Loader | Affordable Paintballs

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users