• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Woodsball Concept New type of woodsball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cadena 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

I was thinking earlier about woods ball and how it works. And i thought of an idea.

What if woods ball became 24hrs for 7 days. Like you could attack other squads at night and someone on each team would keep watch as the rest of the team sleeps.
Or maybe perhaps, if it was like a orienteering mission, where you had to survive withing a certain land boundaries and had to find caches around the fields that help each squad or team get the upper hand. Just a thought.....

#2 User is offline   oldhunter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:smoke guarde

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

I would do it.
repugno nex est morior inritus

#3 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Empire BT Rangers - US Team Lead
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tomcat001

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

In the big scenario games (and some smaller ones) this is done. For instance, the largest paintball game in the world at Skirmish, USA "Invasion of Normandy" (ION) (4500+ players for 24 - 26 hours). We play until 2200hrs (10:00pm) and use NV gear. I don't think I could do it for 7 days straight but 2 - 3 days we do no problem.
Team Lead, EMPIRE BT RANGERS - US Contingent.
Lieutenant

#4 User is offline   Cadena 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

I thought Oklahoma D-Day was the biggest paintball game in the world....hmm

ok well not 7 days straight but you get the idea...and thats cool im going to look into that. i like the idea of a 24 hr paintball game thanks for the info. Maybe ill join one day and meet on the field..haha unlikely with 4500+ players but you never know...

#5 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

This is a thing.
They do it in Europe once a year or so. Pretty Mil-Sim though. I know one game was on an English Army MOUT base, and the last one was on an island with an abandoned Soviet sub base.
It's pretty hardcore paintball.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#6 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Empire BT Rangers - US Team Lead
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tomcat001

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostCadena, on 04 July 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I thought Oklahoma D-Day was the biggest paintball game in the world....hmm

ok well not 7 days straight but you get the idea...and thats cool im going to look into that. i like the idea of a 24 hr paintball game thanks for the info. Maybe ill join one day and meet on the field..haha unlikely with 4500+ players but you never know...

(D-Day at OK is a great game. They hold it for 5-6 days but don't have the quantity of players. Skirmish holds "ION" for 3 days but larger number of players and more of the bigger scenario teams in the game IMO) If you play at any of the games, such as ION, or big games in NE Canada, You will find us there. I play with the Empire BT Rangers and if you find the Empire Tent or Trailer, we are right there with them.

Happy hunting and enjoy more scenarios!
Team Lead, EMPIRE BT RANGERS - US Contingent.
Lieutenant

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

This concept has been brought up before on several occasions. Due to logistics, costs and safety concerns it's just not a feasible option. I don't think there'd be that many people that could afford to play for that long to make up the cost to set it up. You could allow walk-ons but that is a major hassle to keep track of team size.

Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users