• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Modifying an Old Pump SL-68II to be exact... Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

I was going to sell it, but I changed my mind. I want it to be unique, very unique. So I came up with this idea.
Posted Image
It will have the following
-SP All American barrel
-Homemade wooden pump (and undercocking mechanism)
-Inverted duckbill (connected to the air thru stock via 3.5" steel braided hose)
-Air thru T-stock
-(possibly) 3.5oz co2

What do you think?

This post has been edited by TippySnipa: 04 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

#2 User is offline   Ghillie_55 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

WOW! That is cool! how do you plan on doing the co2 like that?

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

Go for it! will look nice
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

View PostGhillie_55, on Mar 4 2008, 06:59 PM, said:

WOW! That is cool! how do you plan on doing the co2 like that?

Well... The SL-68II doesnt have bottom line screw holes. So I intednt to modify my A5 ASA adpter piece to fit inside of the hollow spot and either Epoxy or screw it in there. As for the hose, I was thinking macro.... but now I am leaning toward 3.5"s of steel braided hose.

#5 User is offline   Ghillie_55 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

That will definetly be a fun challenge. Go for it!

#6 User is offline   Wimpy 

• I make stuff up... don't listen.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wimpy

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

Why inverted asa and air thru stock? Why not just inverted asa or just keep the co2 tank 'verted' and on gun? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a marker that no one else has.

Check my brainstorm here:

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...143660&st=0

#7 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

what you need to do is, since that stock could just screw into the asa part on the frame, you could find a way to mount an asa to the bottom of the frame and run a line from the asa to the stock
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#8 User is offline   Pizzaluvr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pizzaluvr

Hmm... If I where you I'd drill and tap the grip for a screw on the side, then modify one of those A5 bottomlines. I'm not sure about the exact angle it's at, but I'm sure you could find some way to make it fit. You could also possibly just fill it in with some JB weld, then sand it down and drill and tap it for a hole. Then run some macro around to a 90║ on the T-Stock. You wouldn't have to use a rail, it might be easier and cheaper to use a standard duckbill ASA. It would be cool for the macro to run through the grip, as well. Why is there a big 20 oz on there, just use a 3.5 oz or a 9 oz. No need for the giant 20 oz.

You'd probably need a guide rod for the undercocking kit. You could make part of the pump handle go around the barrel(see Sterlings), which would probably be the easiest way.

For the barrel, you'd need a Lathe. Any reason you chose an All American? The easiest thing to do would be get a brass barrel for a Blazer and put some tape around it to make it fit. It fits great on mine. You could probably have them make one, as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Wimpy-You can't have it vert, the air goes through the grip to the back bottle.
t_boneshacone-That's the best way to do it.

This post has been edited by Pizzaluvr: 04 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

#9 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

View PostWimpy, on Mar 4 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Why inverted asa and air thru stock? Why not just inverted asa or just keep the co2 tank 'verted' and on gun? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a marker that no one else has.

Well... I need a stock and i dislike remote. Not to mention I already have an air thru stock and a duckbill is 4$.

#10 User is offline   Pizzaluvr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pizzaluvr

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

View PostTippySnipa, on Mar 4 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

View PostWimpy, on Mar 4 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Well... I need a stock and i dislike remote. Not to mention I already have an air thru stock and a duckbill is 4$.

So the duckbill is gonna go on the bottomline?

#11 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

View PostPizzaluvr, on Mar 4 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Hmm... If I where you I'd drill and tap the grip for a screw on the side, then modify one of those A5 bottomlines. I'm not sure about the exact angle it's at, but I'm sure you could find some way to make it fit. You could also possibly just fill it in with some JB weld, then sand it down and drill and tap it for a hole. Then run some macro around to a 90║ on the T-Stock. You wouldn't have to use a rail, it might be easier and cheaper to use a standard duckbill ASA. look at my list It would be cool for the macro to run through the grip, as well. Why is there a big 20 oz on there, just use a 3.5 oz or a 9 oz. No need for the giant 20 oz. It is a 9oz
You'd probably need a guide rod for the undercocking kit. You could make part of the pump handle go around the barrel(see Sterlings), which would probably be the easiest way. I was going to modify the one that it has on there already

For the barrel, you'd need a Lathe. Any reason you chose an All American? The easiest thing to do would be get a brass barrel for a Blazer and put some tape around it to make it fit. It fits great on mine. You could probably have them make one, as well, but I'm not sure about that. No particular reason, how much are blazer barrels?

Wimpy-You can't have it vert, the air goes through the grip to the back bottle.
t_boneshacone-That's the best way to do it.

#12 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

Why have an air threw stock than the bottom line? Wait, the sl's have the asa like coming out of the grip in the back right? So you would use the air threw to be able to have a stock, than go to the duck bill underneath right?
why not just screw a 9oz into it and not use the tstock?

#13 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

View PostMatt, on Mar 4 2008, 07:23 PM, said:

Why have an air threw stock than the bottom line? Wait, the sl's have the asa like coming out of the grip in the back right? So you would use the air threw to be able to have a stock, than go to the duck bill underneath right?
why not just screw a 9oz into it and not use the tstock?

Well.. i will eventually get a 3.5

#14 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

You will also need some form of adjustable stop of the pump handle. SL68's are unique in that if the pump handle is set too far in/out the marker may leak.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#15 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostPiller, on Mar 4 2008, 07:43 PM, said:

You will also need some form of adjustable stop of the pump handle. SL68's are unique in that if the pump handle is set too far in/out the marker may leak.

I was intending on using the same rod that connects the bolt to the pump. I have never heard of that issue before..

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users