Special Ops Paintball: Response vs. E Triggera's - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Response vs. E Triggera's Blow'em all to.....

#16 User is offline   commandocraig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:commandocraig

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

View PostLegato, on Jul 2 2008, 03:10 AM, said:

View PostCesh, on Jul 2 2008, 05:42 AM, said:

Besides, tinkering with an RT is fun. If you have an adjustable trigger stop like me, you can easily "save" your sweet spot and be blasting away on pseudo full-auto effortlessly.

That also makes it illegal at most fields. You cannot do that. Or i should say you shouldn't do that. Setting a trigger stop so everytime you pull the trigger you kick in the RT is a bad idea. Not only can you now not chrono right (hard to chrono a burst), but anytime you touch the trigger you will be using the RT. You need to have the option to one ball, you should never always be using the RT.

I am sure Legato, that you have enough experience with RTs that you know, all you need to do to fire a single shot is pull the trigger hard enough to prevent the ram from reseting the trigger. Trigger stop or not.

#17 User is offline   SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED 

• ?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:41 AM

the multiple modes on the e-grip make it the better choice.

#18 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:24 AM

View PostLegato, on Jul 3 2008, 03:03 AM, said:

most people who believe that were using co2 with their rt, then switched to Hpa, but never returned it. So when they fired it didn't work right. You need to retune the RT for use with HPA. Start with it closed, then work the screw out til the sweet spot is right. With co2 i could try to empty my hopper, but even with a PPS stab i'd get shootdown and it would start dropping off very fast. With hpa i could empty my hopper in one long string, no shoot down, no drops, no nothing.

So no, co2 is not better with RT, HPA is. You just need to retune it to get it working right. Two different settings, one for co2, one for HPA.

I have to add that I've seen markers with the RT while using CO2 actually freeze up. It seems to happen on cooler days but none the less, I wouldn't want to be in a fire fight and have my marker freeze up.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#19 User is offline   commandocraig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:commandocraig

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Jul 7 2008, 02:24 AM, said:

View PostLegato, on Jul 3 2008, 03:03 AM, said:

most people who believe that were using co2 with their rt, then switched to Hpa, but never returned it. So when they fired it didn't work right. You need to retune the RT for use with HPA. Start with it closed, then work the screw out til the sweet spot is right. With co2 i could try to empty my hopper, but even with a PPS stab i'd get shootdown and it would start dropping off very fast. With hpa i could empty my hopper in one long string, no shoot down, no drops, no nothing.

So no, co2 is not better with RT, HPA is. You just need to retune it to get it working right. Two different settings, one for co2, one for HPA.

I have to add that I've seen markers with the RT while using CO2 actually freeze up. It seems to happen on cooler days but none the less, I wouldn't want to be in a fire fight and have my marker freeze up.

The only time I have ever seen a CO2 tank freeze up was an e-griped A5 with remote coil, on a rather cold day. I always slow my rof on cold days with my responce triggered 98c. Also having extra tanks to change between games helps.

I actualy have better rapid fire acuracy with E-grips. I still use the responce trigger because, I enjoy the way the trigger simulates recoil in my finger (thinking ps2 dual shock).

#20 User is offline   Shepherd 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shepherd

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

I love the RT on my 98. I haven't used the egrip/etrigger, but from my experience with my RT I don't have any desire to either :P I can't say enough about the RT. Tune it in, find your sweet spot, and prepare to buy ALOT of paint! :angry:

Edit: Oh yeah.. I run HPA and have no problem with either my RT or Cyclone with it. I will never go back to co2 again...98s don't need co2, and niether does the RT..don't let anyone fool you.

This post has been edited by Shepherd: 07 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

#21 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Am I the only one that knows how to use the RT when using either Co2 and HPA (I hope not) with both the A5 and 98 and able to shoot Semi, 3rd bursts, 5rd Bursts and Sweet Spotting (with no Trigger Stop) all in a Row, because Legato is Correct, Fine Tuning the RT is needed when using either HPA or Co2 and its not all about the RT when Fine Tuning is involved, Controlling the action of the Trigger with your finger has its part when using the RT.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 09 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

#22 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cesh

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

View PostSHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED, on Jul 5 2008, 01:41 AM, said:

the multiple modes on the e-grip make it the better choice.

You are so wrong.

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 9 2008, 12:16 PM, said:

Am I the only one that knows how to use the RT [...] and able to shoot Semi, 3rd bursts, 5rd Bursts and Sweet Spotting (with no Trigger Stop) all in a Row [...] Controlling the action of the Trigger with your finger has its part when using the RT.

You are so right.

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight
Propellant: HP System /w remote, 68/4500 Backup Propellant: HP System, 48/3000

#23 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

So are response triggers usually banned at fields?

#24 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostTim Burton, on Jul 13 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

Most Woods /Scenario Fields do, but that doesnt mean that the user knows what he/she is doing to prove them wrong...which Ive done several times at the field that restricts the usage of the RT.

#25 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

View PostTim Burton, on Jul 13 2008, 06:19 PM, said:

Most fields around here they are. They violate the one pull one shot rule, as they use trigger bounce. Most fields have the one shot one pull rule due to insurance. Meaning for every full pull and release of the trigger one ball will fire. You never do a full pull or release with RT. You just half pull back and the trigger continuously bounces off your finger. There never is a full pulling or release at all. Big no no.

Egrips on the other hand, when in semi (which is the only mode you should use) are perfectly legal everywhere. Any other mode is illegal usually...and I do not condone any other mode then semi. I hate people who use ramping.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#26 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:15 AM

View PostLegato, on Jul 13 2008, 09:52 PM, said:

Egrips on the other hand, when in semi (which is the only mode you should use) are perfectly legal everywhere. Any other mode is illegal usually...and I do not condone any other mode then semi. I hate people who use ramping.[/color]

Even ignoring that hate is a rather strong emotion (and by your definition, I am a target of that feeling), one question: Why are you that much against RTs/EGrips with other than semi modes? Wouldn't an EGrip with semi-only defeat the purpose of having multiple fire modes and just have the benefit of a lighter trigger pull for quite a lot of cash?

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight

#27 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:45 AM

View PostCesh, on Jul 14 2008, 04:15 AM, said:

Even ignoring that hate is a rather strong emotion (and by your definition, I am a target of that feeling), one question: Why are you that much against RTs/EGrips with other than semi modes? Wouldn't an EGrip with semi-only defeat the purpose of having multiple fire modes and just have the benefit of a lighter trigger pull for quite a lot of cash?

I don't condone them because they are cheap. Ramping takes no skill. Walking a trigger to 15 bps takes actual skill believe it or not. You actually have to work to keep it up. Ramping requires little to no work to keep up, just hit the trigger a few times a second. If you try to walk a trigger in semi, most are lucky to hit 12 bps tops. Few can get up to 15 bps, very few can get higher than that in semi. It isn't easy. Plus you have far more control over your BPS in semi then you do ramping.

Overall i used to love to dump paint. Now i am an avid pump player and abhor wasting paint. If you can legitimatly walk whatever BPS you shoot, i have no issue with that. If you have to use ramping or some kind of device to assist you up to it, you have no reason you should be shooting it. Sorry old guy syndrome here. Not a fan of the cheap arms race PB has become.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#28 User is offline   techie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

When I chose to upgrade my firing system, I considered both the RT and E-grip, but for my style of play and the desire not to waste loads of paint or be troubled with wiring and batteries, the RT was the perfect choice for me. It's worked quite well and I have no issues at all. Of course it all really depends on the coin you want to spend and what YOU feel you need to up your game. A lot of times it's a split decision between the two, but I say RT all the way, besides around my way, it seems modes is a no-no. Here's a vid I made firing my 98 w/RT and TechT Cyclone mods.

#29 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:02 AM

View PostLegato, on Jul 14 2008, 01:45 AM, said:

[color=#ff00ff]I don't condone them because they are cheap. Ramping takes no skill. Walking a trigger to 15 bps takes actual skill believe it or not. You actually have to work to keep it up. Ramping requires little to no work to keep up, just hit the trigger a few times a second. If you try to walk a trigger in semi, most are lucky to hit 12 bps tops. Few can get up to 15 bps, very few can get higher than that in semi. It isn't easy. Plus you have far more control over your BPS in semi then you do ramping.

Ah, thanks for that. But ... ramping isn't a mode the RT supports, mhmm? It takes subtle pressure and a steady tension in your trigger finger to maintain a certain ROF and you can do really controlled bursts. The trigger stop mentioned above is just like capping the trigger movement, so it won't go past a certain point, it doesn't do the job for you completely. You still have to estimate the sweet spot for whatever ROF you want. Most of the time, I don't go full auto, but short controlled bursts. And still, if I don't time it right and if I don't hold my finger right, I get nothing. So there still is skill involved. It's just different then walking a trigger.

I've seen ramping in action and I've held an EGO, when a friend of mine wanted to show/explain me that firing mode. It felt strange - because not my trigger pulls resulted in shots, but it shot on it's own. I felt out of control. That's definately not my ticket. :(

Concerning the pump part - I play pistol secondary. It's not about spray and pray, it's aiming and tactics. Good snap shooting, fluent movements ... I like that. :D
So, I can relate to you, kind of.

#30 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

e-grips better but not in rain if it gets wet uh oh
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users