Special Ops Paintball: I can't hit himm... Give me your gun! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can't hit himm... Give me your gun! A tactic that I use frequently. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

This actually happens to me quite a bit at the local field, a lot of the courses are set up for long range. My barrel is deadly accurate at short-medium ranges and decent at long ranges. But it just doesn't have the distance of a Flatline. So every now and a again I'll be clearing out a pillbox from distance but just can't arc the shot high enough to get him. So I end up grabbeing my teamate, who uses an X-7 with Flatline, and taking it from him, handing him mine. Since his is set up on a remote line, he lays on his back against me using my gun to cover me while I open up on other people with his 17bps, it has an RT, X-7. After I'm done using his gun we swap back and continue playing. I see this as a very handy tactic if you are crowded up and need certain players do to specific things but they need different guns/gear to do so. So I was wondering if anybody else did this or something similar.
Word.

#2 User is offline   ~PUMA~ 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:~PUMA~

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

I'd have to say I have never done this and probably wont ever try it.My team is usually spread out and not in one Bunker.Why did'nt you just say "Hey Buddy come over here and get these Dude's or Dudets while I cover you"?

#3 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:02 AM

Maybe he's the better shot of the two? I've done similar things with a friend when we're pinned down and I have the better accuracy (better quality barrel and better bore match), so we swap guns because he has the better position and it isn't safe to move, and then he shoots them out. Out of my friends I've got the best eyes and the best shot (using the same equipment I'm more accurate), so I generally take that role if I can, but sometimes you're in a situation where you just can't.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#4 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

I use that sometimes when im in a bunker with less experienced played and I have either run outta paint or they are just shooting too much paint for my pump to keep them down with.

The problem is alot of times they are scared to let someone else hold their gun so I have to make some crazy run.

Peace,
Teddy K

#5 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

Ive never done that, but then again...the games I go to are so Intense that no one is willing to share their marker and both sides arent that far from each other during a Heavy Fire Fight.

#6 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

actually i have been on the other end of this move..when i had the better gun and my team mate needs some good shots on the side he is..
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

i carry two Tiberius 8 sidearms with me, the most i've done is hand them off to someone out of ammo, throw them to someone with a jammed marker, dead trigger 9v, or something of the likes... eitherway it's very rare.

i did once give one to the other sniper on my team because we were the only two left and we spread out into two covered bunkers, so we both had 2 guns.. i told him to just sit tight and wait for the rush (it was 8v2 at that point and they knew exactly where we were), and keep 'em pointed at both sides and when they come pull both triggers,,, well sure enough i spotted them rushing him, and he lit up both enterances and took 6 of them before he was out, i shot the remaining two in the chest as they were leaving his position.

actually, having a T-9 with T-8 side arms, i always have 8 mags with paint and 12g's in them ,,, i have probably given my HPA tank and hopper/q-pods away during a game more than anything.

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#8 User is offline   Bravodog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bravodog

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

I dont think i would trust someone i dont know with my gun.
I pray to the grass, sacrifice a rock, and chant mystic versions of commercial jingles. If done right, this guarantees success in paintball for the following week.
-JackRock

#9 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

The guys that I play with and myself typically do not trade weapons, if we need someone's gun to take out an anemy position. We will inform that person, and lay massive cover fire, deploy smoke, flash-bang grenades, grenade and rocket launchers. The far majority of us use remote lines so trading guns is rather difficult. Personally, I do not mind if someone needs to borrow my gun but my main concern would be: can they handle its large size and weight. Empty, it weighs in at nearly 9lbs and 13lbs loaded with an estimated 3.5' long.

I don't really like the idea of taking someone elses gun to take out a position because yours is not capable of the shot simple because it takes away that persons experiance. If is happens several times, the player starts becoming the team mule rather than a teammate. Each time takes away from their leaning experiance as well.

#10 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

why isn't the player with the flatline capable of doing what you did? Does'nt make sense to me.............. :(

#11 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

I agree with hunter...

#12 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:44 AM

Because your angle to the target might be better or you are the better shot. Asked and answered....

:usa:

#13 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:13 AM

I'd just get an Apex tip for your gun. Problem solved!

#14 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Why bother using an Apex or the Flatline in taking out a Single Player....move and flank the guy to get a better shot.

#15 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

I've used this tactice a few times. In one case, the other player in the bunker with me couldn't hit anything, and I had run out of air. Since I had already marked about 12 people in that battle, she lent me her tank, because she wasn't hitting anything. Another five eliminations later, we had won the game, due to holding the right flank of the field.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users