• You cannot reply to this topic

A5 Shooting problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

So i went to play some ball today at a local feild and nobody showed up. so it would have been my first time shooting my brand new tippmann a5.
i went to the chrony staion, loaded up, and took a 3 shots, but only one ball came out.
i clicked the a5s cyclone feed thing, fired twice, and only one shot came out.
the gun was cocking fine and smoothly. i was running a partially full 9 oz of c02, and shooting stingers.
i think it may have something to do with how the cyclone feeds arms are?
somebody plz help??

This post has been edited by cRosSfIR3: 06 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:09 AM

you probably weren't running enough input pressure as a result of your almost-empty CO2 tank. The cyclone stops running before the gun stops shooting.
If it's brand new it shouldn't be broken. You should just refill your tank and try again, if it's still messing up, run some oil through your marker (a couple drops in the ASA and you're golden) and if that doesn't work, you might need a new rachet.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nighthawk4

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

check your ratchet, refill your tank and make sure nothing is wrong with your paddles
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your sig. to help
(")_(") him gain achieve domination!

#4 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

haha thanks guys, i shouldve remembered.
i feel so stupid now. haha
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#5 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

Take the barrel off before you put the oil in the ASA too.

It depends how full the tank was though. If it was almost empty, that's one thing, but if it was half full, that's a problem. I know you said it was "partially" full but that could mean any number of things. But I'd guess it's just your tank. I know this sounds kind of like an insult, and I don't mean that, but was it screwed in all the way?

The other day I thought my Mag was broken because it was cycling three times for every one trigger pull, and then I realized I didn't screw the tank in all the way. Fail.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#6 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

Make sure the tank isn't empty because the A5 utilizes a blowback system useing some of the air that was used to fire to spin the next paintball into the marker
205 BrowniePoints!

#7 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

View PostStealingYerMail, on Dec 7 2008, 11:22 PM, said:

Take the barrel off before you put the oil in the ASA too.

It depends how full the tank was though. If it was almost empty, that's one thing, but if it was half full, that's a problem. I know you said it was "partially" full but that could mean any number of things. But I'd guess it's just your tank. I know this sounds kind of like an insult, and I don't mean that, but was it screwed in all the way?

The other day I thought my Mag was broken because it was cycling three times for every one trigger pull, and then I realized I didn't screw the tank in all the way. Fail.

Good call. The oil seems to linger for quite a while after you put it in. It will give you some crazy hook shots(the bad kind)
9 times out of 10, a tippmann problem can be fixed with putting oil down the air line. Its probably just your tank.
Enjoy your A-5, theyre good markers

#8 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

I think that it was the Co2 tank because I run Co2, and sometimes when my 12 is low and I shoot, the same thing happens! So dont worry, not a big deal....
~The Horde~ :dodgy:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users